• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need for more quality bag companies

Mabuku1

Double Eagle Member
Is it just me, or are the quality bag manufacturers not equipped to handle the demand for quality bags. Every company's websites are almost non operational and have nothing for sal. This leads me to believe there is a need for more companies to spring up and focus solely on bag production in order for people to not have to wait three to four months for a bag. on a parallel note, these companies that are in business focus all of their production on making sure they have bags to sell on tournament tours, while their loyal customers wait for theirs to be remembered. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? I would start my own company if I could afford the thousands of dollars on sewing equiptment, but that is life.

You make a good point, but I think it also behooves us - the consumers - to be more cautious when investing our money in one of these companies so as to not get burned.

Grip has stock available online and has started distribution to Brick & Mortar retailers.

I think there are plenty of manufacturers out there already. In fact, given how small the market is, I'd say we're saturated with manufacturers.

I got my comp innova bag 2 months ago and it's still almost brand new, I don't treat my bag with any disrespect though. I play almost every day. For my next bag I'll end up making my own. Lol, I'm crafty with a sewing machine and I'll get it to be exactly what I'm looking for!

Grip is a good company for back pack style bags. I am refering to the mass amounts of people on companies sites and facebooks such as gorilla boy, revolution, voodoo, an the like. They always respond with a vague answer and then the projected date gets pushed back. If there were more companies pumping out the same high quality bag production, then everyone that wanted a bag would be able to get one right away and not have to wait half a year for them to open up preorders and then wait another few months for their bag to come in. Meanwhile being forced to improvise or buy a cheaper quality bag.

Until there is a surplus backstock of high end bags, the market is not saturated. Infact, I suggest to you that if people have to wait months to preorder a bag, there is a massive need for more competition.

I would imagine stock moves pretty slowly for these companies. Like I said, the market is very small, so it likely doesn't make a lot of financial sense to invest in greater production rates.

If it helps Gorilla Boy has a thread or you can PM him. In my experience he is quite quick, unless you want a simian.

Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal. Very high quality bag. Good stuff is out there if you're willing to pay for it.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but if companies stock moved too slowly, then people would not have to preorder bags let alone wait months to recieve a bag they ordered, if they have bags in stock because people aren't buying them often enough. I could be wrong, but I know i'm not. who do you represent, may I ask, because you seem to have an emotional investment in the idea that there are too many companies making bags in an ever expanding sport?

Golf mahal is a high quality bag. But it's style and size are limited to "one". And I know for a fact they run out of stock, as they are owned by a major bag company that makes bags in production runs for all types of sports and activities.

Grip does a great job of keeping stock on hand of their high end bags.

If you like boring black ones :\
If you like colors they move at a glacial pace just like any other high end bag maker.

I heard something about a silverback or something being a good sturdy bag... I'm not 100%, but I've seen soooo many types of bags for such a small sport...

I have spoken to gorilla boy this morning and he said he was too busy at the current time. I have been in contact with hyzerbomb, and voodoo. They also are too busy at the moment to even accept preorders. voodoo is the only company that appears to have stock coming in the near future and they can't even say when they are getting them in.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but if companies stock moved too slowly, then people would not have to preorder bags let alone wait months to recieve a bag they ordered, if they have bags in stock because people aren't buying them often enough. I could be wrong, but I know i'm not. who do you represent, may I ask, because you seem to have an emotional investment in the idea that there are too many companies making bags in an ever expanding sport?

Or the stock could be moving so slow that it is risky to manufacture a bunch, so they wait until they have enough pre-orders to guarantee getting a batch sold in a decent amount of time.

I really have been impressed with my Lat Pro bag and they are readily available at numerous retailers.......

Its funny you bring this up. I just started looking for a small high quality bag. I never expected it would be difficult to find one, they all seem to be out.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence,

It's okay, my intelligence is not easily insulted.

but if companies stock moved too slowly, then people would not have to preorder bags let alone wait months to recieve a bag they ordered, if they have bags in stock because people aren't buying them often enough. I could be wrong, but I know i'm not.

Care to share any data that shows you're not wrong? How long is the waitlist? Are there thousands of disc golfers banging down the doors looking for their next bag? I'd bet not.

who do you represent, may I ask, because you seem to have an emotional investment in the idea that there are too many companies making bags in an ever expanding sport?

That's funny. I don't represent anyone, I just disagree with your notion that we need more manufacturers. There are plenty of options out there. But these are all small companies that can't afford to overproduce. Production is expensive and requires a major initial investment. As they sell more and begin to build more capital they can probably afford to increase production.

I actually wanted a silverback with the le specs, but without the lame print. I only carry fourteen discs, so the larger bags are just ridiculous, and I do not want a backpack style bag. The mojo and atomic are my other options. I care what the bag looks like, as I rightfully should if i'm going to pay a good amount of money for it.

Most of the LE specs are in the production ones now, also GB doesn't do custom easily or often.

Latest posts