• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEED HELP

As for your claims about better golfers...most are d*cks anyways...which is the main reason I keep my money out of competitions....and make my money helping those struggling get better. You sound like the same guys I use to somewhat look up to....now they just leave in the middle of the round....as they are sick of seeing the rook just a chuggin on by. I don't need to watch a discraft how to video to be a better player...and who said these great players were the best teachers anyways....and who are you?....you still haven't made your point! aka "bad info"....I think I will have to charge you to better clarify my points....for the other guy its on the house.

Anyone else think this guy just goes a teensy weensy bit overboard on his monologue dissertations? I'll make a poll...

As for you directly, NateFlipDisc- your most recent rebuttal was so weak that I wouldn't feel comfortable wiping with. Basically you're saying that most good players are jerks and won't help people- and that you're somehow above being a jerk by telling them to pay you? Seems like you're just a flavor of what you're detesting...

Second- I don't think I've seen someone throw quite the fit you did- it's like you somehow feel better writing four hundred pages telling him to shut up when he's saying that some of your advice is wrong. Your post would have been much better suited if you had disc raged a private message, instead of us hearing your stream of consciousness for an hour. If you're so easily offended at someone questioning your methods, then why not just simply, without having to take a year, ask him what you wrote that was wrong. Unless, of course, you DO know everything, and are too prideful to learn from anyone.

Grab a Stalker and never look back, this mold is heaven sent and using one will improve all your flaws.

Got OAT? Grab a Stalker

Want to learn rollers, thumbers, flicks, putts, etc.? Grab a Stalker

Want to beat Nikko, Ken and Dave? Grab a Stalker

Want to be sponsored by Innova? GRAB A STALKER!!!

Driving with Dan Beato? Grab a Stalker!

Want to qualify for worlds or USDGC? Use a stalker.

Want a disc with a dome so big it looks like a cereal bowl? grab a dx kite!!!

:p

In all honesty though, there's some good advice in this thread to learn from, even Nate had some good points.

:thmbup:

Unfortunately

Anyone else think this guy just goes a teensy weensy bit overboard on his monologue dissertations? I'll make a poll...

As for you directly, NateFlipDisc- your most recent rebuttal was so weak that I wouldn't feel comfortable wiping with. Basically you're saying that most good players are jerks and won't help people- and that you're somehow above being a jerk by telling them to pay you? Seems like you're just a flavor of what you're detesting...

Second- I don't think I've seen someone throw quite the fit you did- it's like you somehow feel better writing four hundred pages telling him to shut up when he's saying that some of your advice is wrong. Your post would have been much better suited if you had disc raged a private message, instead of us hearing your stream of consciousness for an hour. If you're so easily offended at someone questioning your methods, then why not just simply, without having to take a year, ask him what you wrote that was wrong. Unless, of course, you DO know everything, and are too prideful to learn from anyone.

It's too bad, but this guy has already tried to be "Mr. Troll" with me, so I have kind of a little axe to grind or explaining to do....as you can see...he has not responded to my requests...as others have...and they were commended for their critiqueing....As for the players that are good....yes the sport comes with quite an attitude...if you don't think...than your not playing with exceptional players....it's like a high school in some cases....your either in the clique or not....the same players want me to join the cool guy clubs and compete....they "DO" know I have plenty of game....but I ain't got the time...and the time I do...I am either enjoying the course and company....or I am giving lessons

...Sorry about the notion of "most"....that was not a fair statement and I do apologize....I meant to say....there are tons of players with egos that need fed. However....I ain't that guy....as these players try to be above the sport.

It's all good...cause cockiness wins championships...Look at Lebron James...greatest basketball specimen I have ever seen...but he ain't cocky...and it get's in his way...To think...if I was cocky...I would be calling NateDiscFlip out too....why...cause this guy doesn't sound like the rest of us...or who is deemed "acceptable" by some of yalls standards.

Since I started posting to this site...got people crying about how much I post...crying about me using terms like "net".....crying about me making assertions that I give lessons...crying about my reviews....WHY?....cause their and your opinion is like a polititician against another....it is a circle....but never gets to the point....makes you feel like real man don't it?

I laugh...and will continue posting, but thanks...and sorry again for insulting others making accusations about "most" players have egos needing fed....I should of been more specific...but that would be something else to fuel your whiny little tea party....I meant to say the one's who don't just "enjoy" the sport....but take the game just a little bit TOO seriously....uh um...like you and whoever else who wants to blow their horn...rather than sticking to the topic....i.e.....help this guy who ain't as good as YOU...obviously

Think someone was just posting about weak reviews....now they will post something "POLL" about those being too thorough...give me a break...and here is some cheese for that whine of yours...waaaah!

Who's Coming With ME!?:p

Grab a Stalker and never look back, this mold is heaven sent and using one will improve all your flaws.

Got OAT? Grab a Stalker

In all honesty though, there's some good advice in this thread to learn from, even Nate had some good points.

I'm currently getting rid of a brand new stalker- Elite Z, purple with copper stamped tourney, 171g...

Thx

Got OAT? Grab a Stalker

Hi and sorry about before Jodi,

And yes, the Stalker is heaven sent...when in doubt....pull that sweet plastic out....now if I can just get my hands on one of those Z Nukes...:thmbup:

Hi and sorry about before Jodi,

And yes, the Stalker is heaven sent...when in doubt....pull that sweet plastic out....now if I can just get my hands on one of those Z Nukes...:thmbup:

I'm just giving you hell, I actually use 2 stalkers myself, I just think it's hilarious how you recommend one in 98% of your posts. They are great discs though.

As for the Z Nukes, I can't wait to test one myself.

Haha, why? I never throw them. How would getting rid of one I've never used make my game worse. But hey, my loss is your gain- want to trade for something for it?

It's a joke, kind of geared towards Nate, he always tells people to grab one and never look back.
I thought you knew.

^:)^

my new sig line

this cracked me up when I read it

"And yes....teachers get paided, coaches get paided, and I even get money for lessons...it's America..." ....NateDiscFlip

I love the exagerated use of punctuation and the additional usage of past tense to make past tense even more past tense.

this cracked me up when I read it

"And yes....teachers get paided, coaches get paided, and I even get money for lessons...it's America..." ....NateDiscFlip

I love the exagerated use of punctuation and the additional usage of past tense to make past tense even more past tense.

Correction: "it makes past tense even more past tenser"

1) Examine throwing technique. - In the beginning this is the #1 issue.
if you have a consistent, controlled, decent throw.... then.... realize that you may not have built up enough strength to throw far yet..

2) Refine throwing technique.... Beyond the X-step and "basic throw" analyze how you throw and how the disc travels. Take a look at "nose down applications", if you are trying to make a table top throw extend 300', if you are hyzering, etc....

IF all of this is OK/Acceptable.... (obviously, you could make it better, but overall there are no major flaws....A) from my experience, most noobs, take a HUGE step forward with the next 2 steps (assuming they've gotten past the first 2.... as a course ambassador on the weekends, i've watched and helped many guys really light up when i say... "You are throwing a 175 <whatever>... try this 168 Sidewinder, 170 Wraith, Katana, etc..) Instant distance... Not based on anything more than proper equipment.

THEN -
3) Examine Disc Weight - Too many Noobs start out TOO HEAVY. They see pros and their experienced buddies throw 175-max weight and want to duplicate the results. They spend 6 months at 175, and one day (like magic) a buddy says, "try this 170" and it goes forever...heavier means more control less distance. Lighter means more distance less control. <- There is a point (probably in the mid/low 160's) for most where the disc gets to flippy and it becomes counter productive.

4) Examine Disc Types and Usages - If you have proper technique, you can throw faster discs and get almost immediate distance improvements. I read your stats and think, he's about "average" for a noob, probably has basic technique down, and could stand to get more "advanced" discs...
In the upper levels there is a major component to finding the right discs for you and acheiving maximum results.
For me... I throw a 170 Tbird 300' almost on the nose with almost perfect accuracy.
BUT
if i pick up my 167 Katana, i can throw it 340-350.
I've got a super beat in destroyer (169 star) that flies very similar to a katana (no hard fade) and goes almost as far...
BUT if you take these 2 discs out of my arsenal, i'm stuck in the 300-320' range with an SL, Sidewinder or wraith.
(I've hit the point now, where i am trying to disc down and go with an accuracy and precision method with my Tbird, Eagle, TL, etc... but i still dont hestiate to pull out the big guns when i the situation calls for it... if only i had the arm to throw a Tbird 350'!)

hope it helps...
btw... there is an entire "technique" forum here -> http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

1) Examine throwing technique. - In the beginning this is the #1 issue.
if you have a consistent, controlled, decent throw.... then.... realize that you may not have built up enough strength to throw far yet..
If you're a teenage to adult male who doesn't have some serious injury, medical condition or genetic disease you have the strength to throw fairway drivers >400'. If you aren't it's because of your techniqe.

If you're a teenage to adult male who doesn't have some serious injury, medical condition or genetic disease you have the strength to throw fairway drivers >400'. If you aren't it's because of your techniqe.

Yea strength doesn't really always equate to distance.......although improved strength coupled with good technique will lead to more D.

you are saying that if we all threw perfect, we'd drive a Tbird 400'?
huh?
i bet 8 out of 10 DG'ers cant throw a Tbird (fairway driver) more than 325'
let alone a katana more than 350' (maybe 375'....)

in an open field, i max out @ 410+/-

Technique gets you a long way... but there is a reason why the top pro's work out in weight rooms.

maybe your 15 years of experience, and disc golf social circle are super advanced and your words are correct, but for the rest of the dg world, it's not as simple as you say.

you are saying that if we all threw perfect, we'd drive a Tbird 400'?
huh?
i bet 8 out of 10 DG'ers cant throw a Tbird (fairway driver) more than 325'
let alone a katana more than 350' (maybe 375'....)

in an open field, i max out @ 410+/-

Technique gets you a long way... but there is a reason why the top pro's work out in weight rooms.

maybe your 15 years of experience, and disc golf social circle are super advanced and your words are correct, but for the rest of the dg world, it's not as simple as you say.

You know that Ken Jarvis was like 5'8 right? Still threw a Teebird over 800ft.

I was also breaking 400 consistently at 14 years old and I highly doubt I am considered a "strong" person.......but I have good form.

The only one who works out and does roids in Avery anyway.

You are telling me Wiggins and Nikko are strong? Even Feldberg isnt that big and I saw him put an Eagle 18' from the pin down a "hallway" fairway on a 509' par 4. (#11 Hornets Nest) Its technique. You are right, most players aren't throwing a tee bird 400 ft. Its because most disc golfers have terrible technique.

490' down THIS!!! Climo, Ulibari, and Nikko weren't that far back either.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/176/808c55c9.jpg