• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Neo Origin - understable midrange

These are a very nice midrange, smooth flip up and drift without being flippy. I can make it hyzer without too much worry. It gets out as far as my Buzzzes, but without as much effort, and is going to cause me to change my lineup for a bit. Instead of throwing a beat up buzzz and a new Pierce Buzzz, I am going with MD4 and the Origin. I do feel like they do a better job at their respective slots than the Buzzzes alone. The Origin is not super understable, it is fairly neutral and has an ease to its flying. If you have thrown an Essence, you know what I am talking about.

Looks to be shallow and a little smaller then the avg mid. Can you compare it to something?

21.4 width
1.2 depth

Origin

Shallower than my Mako3s much easier to grip. I was surprised on the glide..felt like a 5.5-6. It had nice turn and flip up and slight fade when thrown with power. It never was unpredictable. I throw around 290ish with my MD3 and Maok3s for reference. I was able to push the Origin to close to 325...def looks like it's passing with flying colors.

I was very surprised by the distance and distance control I got from the Origin. I was able to really see this on an uphill hole at my course that is 288ft, but plays a little over 300, I usually put a good move on a buzzz to get it up there, but this origin was nice and smooth reaching the hole easily without blowing past it. I tried from the long tee which is a 320ft gentle turn but plays like 350ft. I normally throw an FD at 80% and as long it get the right angle it smooths up to the basket. I hit the Origin hard through the middle of the gap, a little high, and it drifted the hole time without turning all the way over and slide up 15 ft short of the basket. It was a big shot for a midrange, but I felt more repeatable than the FD. Looking forward to keeping this one bagged for a while. I am pairing it with an MD4 and my buzzzes are absent for now :confused:

It's got a little more turn and fade then I was hoping. I got a 174. If I'm being real specific I would call it 1.75 turn and 1.25 fade. I'm wondering if I beat it in more some of the fade will disappear. I would compare it to a beat Warship or Evidence in flight. Feel is great as far as the depth and rim. Plastic could be stiffer a tad, not bad. I give the disc an 8/10.

The Origin is the same flight numbers as the Claymore. I love my Claymore for stand still straight shots in the woods and hyzer flip to flat with a run up. Gonna have to check out this Origin.

So I noticed just a little bit of flashing on the bottom. I took a razor blade to it and threw it a couple times today.

New numbers-

-2.5 turn, .25 fade

This disc goes far as well as others have stated. I threw it flat and it just drifted right basically 95% of the flight and maybe just straightened a little at the end. Throw was about 310 or so which for me is a long mid flight. I think I'm going to like it a lot now that I trimmed the little flash. I just need to get to know it better so I can trust it.

Just played 18 holes with this disc. I brought two of them and probably threw about 30 shots with them. This thing is a hyzer flip machine. More understable than my luster md, but not uncontrollable. It kind of reminds me of a beat up md2 right out of the box. This disc is not replacing my md for touch backhands, but will probably serve as a hyzerflip/ dead straight forehand disc in the woods. I like that I don't have to put a lot of power to get it to go straight. While it might be somewhat of a niche shot, almost all the courses i play are heavily wooded so it will see a lot of use. Overall definitely finding a spot in my bag. I could get this disc out to 300ft on forehand and backhand pretty easily. Max power hyzer release backhand it flips up and turns over, but thats not what im using it for. Overall more understable than a buzz despite the same ratings. The origin flies similar to a comet for me but it more comfortable for forehands bc it has no bead. I know DM says it has a "false bead" but if you threw this disc blindfolded you would say it has no bead.

So this disc is made by Latitude 64 then, okay, they make good products for all except Dymaic Disc as somehow players that use those molds seem to complain with only 2 times a week of play at most they need to replace the discs in 2-3 in premium where as with the other 2 brands Latitude 64 has made disc for have not had issues with the discs wearing in that quick in same premium. This looks like a Latitude 64 Gobi without the overmold.

So this disc is made by Latitude 64 then okay they make good products for all except Dymaic Disc as somehow players that use those molds seem to complain with only 2 times a week of play at most they need to replace the discs in 2-3 in premium where as with the other 2 brands Latitude 64 has made disc for have not had issues with the discs wearing in that quick in same premium this looks like a Latitude 64 Gobi without the overmold

fixed

I picked up an Origin. Going to try it out because my Luster MD isn't truly flippy even after its second season in the bag. It's a good thing, but would like a mid I can easily flip up with my power (or lack of it).

I fully expect the Origin to beat in faster than Innova's plastic, especially Luster.

I picked up an Origin. Going to try it out because my Luster MD isn't truly flippy even after its second season in the bag. It's a good thing, but would like a mid I can easily flip up with my power (or lack of it).

I fully expect the Origin to beat in faster than Innova's plastic, especially Luster.

D Line MD

aka somuchfuntothrow

So this disc is made by Latitude 64 then, okay, they make good products for all except Dymaic Disc as somehow players that use those molds seem to complain with only 2 times a week of play at most they need to replace the discs in 2-3 in premium where as with the other 2 brands Latitude 64 has made disc for have not had issues with the discs wearing in that quick in same premium. This looks like a Latitude 64 Gobi without the overmold.

What... the... f.............

So I got an ACE with my Origin this morning. Little tunnel shot I think it was 270. Put it on hyzer about 35 degrees, flipped up, drifted right about 3 feet around a tree then faded back about 4 to smash chains dead center. It's about time too because I've been chained out 5-6 times the last 3 weeks, mach 3's keep spitting out.

Latest posts