• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

I seriously hope not. Apparently the sarcasm note went unnoticed.

When I talked to him and saw the bag at Pro Worlds he was just as excited to get it out to us as we are to get it which keeps me having faith. I guess I'm just really really frustrated by the constant delays. I'm not here to accuse J@ of sealing from people just trying to make a point. If I came off like an asshole so be it. I don't feel the need to hold any punches at this point. I really, really, really want this bag. It looks and is amazing. I understand it took a lot of work and dedication to design and make this bag, but that does not excuse the "excessive" amount of delays. I may not speak for everyone but I know I speak for a few when I say we've grown tired of waiting. I gotta tell you, if there was never a "promise" of delivery by the end of summer, the mid-September, then the end of September, and now some time in October I wouldn't be as upset as I am. With every delay, at least to me, J@ and Grip Eq. loses a bit of credibility. I appreciate the updates as far as knowing that it has been delayed and such as if I had heard nothing I would be calling my credit card company and trying to get my money back by now. I have faith that J@ will get everyone their bag I just don't know when. That being said, I don't want my money back, I want my bag as I'm sure everyone does.

Timko said:
Robin Hood said:
Grip Equipment tour bag = the 2009 Lower Peninsula Open NT that never happened.

[sarcasm]I really hope my money is being well spent. God knows I didn't need it.[/sarcasm]

I'm just writing this off as a loss now. If I ever see a bag all the better but I'm certainly not expecting one as of now.

GRIP EQUIPMENT is a customer focused product and service design company serving the evolving needs of the disc golf community....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I don't think Justin is running off with your money. Accusing him of doing so is a pretty douche move.
No kidding. If I were him I would send your money back to you, not worth the bad press. You signed up for a pre-order with no guarantee of a delivery date, get over it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Robin Hood said:
I seriously hope not. Apparently the sarcasm note went unnoticed. Delay after delay after delay has to leave one wondering no?
NO.........dont be a douche bag

for real tho.I trust j@and dnt know him personally. Even though I got on the preorder I knew that it was his first bag and there was no set date. I knew what I was basically getting int. After seeing the guys wait over a yr fr the simian. This isn't as bad as it seems. If it is then you shoulda thought about it if you wanted to use ur money for somethn else. J@ is tryin his damndest. You can't rush perfection. This bag will b worth it so I may bugn about updates but it's all in fun. I know j@will deliver and I dnt have any worries. Relax.

Robin Hood said:
I seriously hope not. Apparently the sarcasm note went unnoticed. Delay after delay after delay has to leave one wondering no?

not to deter anyone from posting but...comments like those, regardless of sarcasm, are not needed on any forum. they only lead to a degradation of the post/forum(ie: flaming). anyways, can't wait for this bag to be released, I will get one as soon as it is in regular production

I'll give Robin $100 and J@ (as he is being called) can send Robin's bag to me
that way Robin doesn't have to worry
J@ gets me as an uber patient customer
Robin hasn't had his money stolen (cept for the difference of $100 and the pre-order price...but that is the price of certainty let's call it)

so Robin do we have a deal?
you can keep your tag as a keepsake

everyone's a winner baby
that's no lie

edit: I might be the biggest weener in the end :)

jnecessary said:
No kidding. If I were him I would send your money back to you, not worth the bad press.

The only bad press is coming from irresponsible actions from Grip Eq. I just voiced it.

Like I said, I do not want my money back, just my bag. If I were to get my money back and not my bag I would be even more pissed. Actually, I'm not pissed off per se, just flustered.

I can't be the only one upset by this. I know I'm not a fellow local disc golfer has expressed the same feelings. I really don't feel like being made out to be the bad guy in this because apparently everyone else who ordered and is on this site its totally cool with the delays.

no one is making anyone out to be a bad guy. but publicly criticizing GripEQ when it is clear he is trying everything to get it out is in somewhat bad taste. take it up with him in PM's not on a public forum where you leave yourself open for interpretation. most people here on DGR want to do everything they can to support new DG companies, and are usually on the forefront of the people buying(even creating) new discs/apparel/etc. so we tend to react badly to comments like that, and after all this is just the internet...

Perhaps you should be more constructive with your feedback and you won't be made out to be the bad guy.

I do what I can to support new companies and your probably right ZJ, I should have voiced this via pm. Lil late for that now. Like you said though this is just the internet.

Timko, did you read the edited posts? I've taken my chill pill and have calmed considerably since I read J@'s post and edited my spiteful comments to better reflect my sentiment.

It is hard to fathom that everyone on here that pre-ordered isn't the least little bit disheartened by each delay. If no one ever complained about anything nothing would ever get better. I just happened to voice an opinion that some have, albeit not in the most constructive way possible. I imagine once I get my bag I will probably forget that any of this happened. It's like if Christmas was on a random day and your a kid waiting for your new bike. Every day it's not there is a lil disappointing.

I really didn't mean for my comments to turn into this. No one needs to be arguing with each other on here. My apologies for starting a flamewar that didn't need to happen.

This is an interesting mini flame war. If we were talking about a company like Apple you guys would all jump in line with Robin Hood, but because it's the "little guy" everyone is jumping in to defend him.

Strictly speaking facts, Robin Hood is correct. This kind of business practice wouldn't fly in the big leagues. But we're not in the big leagues here, this is about as small a company as you can imagine :wink:

We're a niche market and we have to expect this kind of stuff when we jump in for PRE-orders on unmade products. Break it down like this:

A. Several people know Justin personally and he's well known in the disc golf scene
B. He's in constant contact with his customers
C. He gave us a price before he even knew his own cost
D. He's dedicated to a quality product (just ask Toyota, Quality is important)

All of that adds up, in my mind, to cutting the guy some slack. I want the best bang for my buck, in the mean time I've got other bags I can use. I know he's not running off with my money because he keeps constant communication. It's frustrating that it keeps getting delayed but that's the bottom line.

Robin, I didn't see your re-edited post. Justin has come to me personally to tell me of the delays these past couple times. I think the impression I front want people to have is that he's just sitting around somewhere doing nothing. As long as people know he's working hard to get people a top quality product then I'm pretty happy. The delays suck, yes. I waited 4 years for Gorilla Boy to build the Simian. Granted, I had no money tied up in it, but we've only had a month and a half of delays, which is tiny in a product release. I work for a fortune 100 software company who sells software for 10-200 million dollars, and had to tell clue te who intest in us that our code is broken even though they've invested in quality. So I do think the wait is worth it.

Hehe, I hope you guys will excuse a bit of schadenfreude on my part, after having gone through similar pains when I was waiting for a Simian. Just hope that after all the waiting, Grip doesn't release a new and improved version of the bag a couple months after the initial shipments...with the option to buy a new one if you want said improvements.

I keep checking this thread, hoping they've been released for the general public. Really want one of these bags!

Whoa! Just got back to the office and it seems I should clarify a few things...

First, there will be no additional charges for pre-order customers. Quite the opposite, in fact, I am looking into various possibilities to increase the value you paid for through additional outlay of my own to reward your patience.

Second, Timko, you might want to carefully reread and edit that last post a bit, because I am definitely not "...jet sitting around somewhere doing nothing." Though GripEQ might be investing some R+D $$'s to invent "Jet Sitting" because it sounds fun as hell and a lot better than walking around the course (I bet Camp Time doesn't have a jet propulsion lab!). Actually, fudge it! I'm taking pre-orders for a 2025 release on Jet Seats... give or take a couple of decades. How's 10% off of 5,000$ sound? :lol:

And lastly, I can't stress enough that all of the previous delays were directly related to development of the bag, and this mistake by the wire transfer agency is the first delay that I am truly disappointed by. Either way, my sourcing rep--who is an incredible talent and one of the single MOST experienced persons in his field--is at the factory pushing this project through to make sure we get it out! I said this once before (and an inept wire transfer agent proved me wrong) but I firmly believe we have, now, finally, pushed past the point where we can be delayed any further.

I will be back on tomorrow after having received my production schedule with a very well educated guess at the shipping date. Stay tuned, it truly can't be far off.

some call me...tim? said:
Hehe, I hope you guys will excuse a bit of schadenfreude on my part, after having gone through similar pains when I was waiting for a Simian. Just hope that after all the waiting, Grip doesn't release a new and improved version of the bag a couple months after the initial shipments...with the option to buy a new one if you want said improvements.

No, the pre-orders and the released bags will be the same production run. The work we have been doing is to make sure that what we release is the absolute best value in disc golf bags!

I would like to pre-order a Jet Seat. Mostly so I can have something to bitch about not having later as I seem to do that pretty well. Also, can this jet seat make me a social piraya?

GripEQ said:
No, the pre-orders and the released bags will be the same production run. The work we have been doing is to make sure that what we release is the absolute best value in disc golf bags!

I don't doubt it. I was just referring to an earlier experience.

Latest posts