• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Jesse B 707 said:
How did this guy get a bag before I even got a tracking number?
I got my tracking number in an email last night.

dgdave said:
There's 3 putter pockets? How many can each one hold?
There is a pocket on the flap over the main compartment, a bungie section on the front, and the "quiver style" pocket on the top. I think only the top one is actually for putters (it will hold 2), though you can fit one in each of the other two.

what'shisname said:
So what's the verdict? Quality bag? What kind of pockets/Organization is there?

It has two large-ish zipper pockets on each side. They're not big enough for a heavy sweatshirt, but a long sleeved tshirt would fit. Right now I've got two towels, a birdie bag, and a tennis ball in one with a little room to spare. It has one zippered storage pocket above the main storage compartment that I don't have anything in right now, but I'll probably use it for keys, phone, wallet, pens, pencils, gum, granola bars, lighter, etc. The putter pocket being zippered with some kind of cellphone holder or something in it (no idea what it actually is). My putters are in the main compartment right now, so its just empty. The flap into the main compartment has a velcro secured pocket on it that is big enough to fit a putter in, but it would probably hamper the ability to get at discs if you did that. I just stuck a mini in it for the time being, but it would work for any small items. The bungie pocket doesn't seem to have a lot of play in it and the discs in the main compartment prevent you from jamming too much stuff into it, but it can be used for other small items as well.

It seems pretty well built to me. Time will tell, but I'm sure I'll be happy with it. My only complaint for now is that I cannot get my nalgenes out while wearing it. Since the pockets are tight and the water is held closer and higher up on my back I cannot get the leverage to pull them out. If they loosen up than it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

dgdave said:
I am so close to ordering one of these from DD. I'm so weak and pathetic.
:lol: didn't you pre order one then sell your pre order? ..........better get one Dave, or else some other kid on the block might get one first ;)

I forgot to mention, there are two small interior pockets (no zipper or velcro to seal them) on the inside of the two larger side pockets.

Have y'all seen the contracting/expanding quiver pocket? You can snap a little flap that changes the quiver from zips-up-to-enclose-putters to a shallower makes-putters-poke-out-for-grabbin. I thought that was pretty slick.

Leopard said:
Have y'all seen the contracting/expanding quiver pocket? You can snap a little flap that changes the quiver from zips-up-to-enclose-putters to a shallower makes-putters-poke-out-for-grabbin. I thought that was pretty slick.

Is that what thats for? I had no idea what it was. I thought the putters were supposed to sit a little higher than they were. It is pretty slick.

Jesse B 707 said:
dgdave said:
:lol: didn't you pre order one then sell your pre order? ..........better get one Dave, or else some other kid on the block might get one first ;)

I did. I just really like bags. Damn me.

As it turns out, none of the retailers that ordered extra had any left over :(. I was hoping to get one from Justin during the first order and have him drop it off to me, but since he wasn't able to order any extras, I'm stuck without one.

I'll probably pick one up from DD now.

dgdave said:

Just wait a few weeks for them to start showing up on trade lists. I bet it's going to the same as things were when the Simian was released, great bag I'm sure but still half the people obsessing over getting one will trade them pretty soon for one reason or another.

Played a round with mine this afternoon. I'm going to keep my putters in the two lower putter pockets. The bungee on in the front, and the one on the flap of the main compartment. The flap has velcro underneath to attach it inside the main compartment keeping it out of the way and it keeps that putter pocket at an angle making it easy to access that putter(now that I think about it I might put my favorite mid in that one for easy access).

The main compartment has 16 discs with room to spare(5 mids 11 drivers) in the pics I posted. I can put three more drivers in, or two drivers and a mid or putter before it gets snug. You can cram 5 putters in the three putter pockets. Two in the quiver one on top, one in the flap pocket, and two more in the bungee front pocket.

Definitely not enough room to stuff an xl heavy sweatshirt, but there is enough room for two long sleeve shirts rolled up tight and a rain shell jacket in a side pocket. The umbrella/stool holder is nice and there's one on each side so you can bring both if you were so inclined. There are also pen/pencil pockets on either side of the front bungee putter pocket.

Overall very impressed with the bag. I especially like that it rides high on your back. I think the coolest little but of engineering I've found on it so far is how the nalgene pockets drain. At first I was disappointed that there wasn't a grommet in the bottom but upon further inspection there is a little cutaway where the pocket meets the body of the bag for it to drain.

Coldpunk said:
I especially like that it rides high on your back. I think the coolest little but of engineering I've found on it so far is how the nalgene pockets drain. At first I was disappointed that there wasn't a grommet in the bottom but upon further inspection there is a little cutaway where the pocket meets the body of the bag for it to drain.

that was something i told justin was a major complaint about some bags when he was still planning it out. when i saw the first proto type, i asked justin where the drain was and told him again that collecting water was going to be a problem. he just laughed at me and said we solved it and showed me that feature.

The bag is packed with cool features. I was a begger for more details but finding out these little things now is kind of exciting. I did not figure out the quiver putter pocket until Zam posted, very cool. I saw the drains for the drink holders first and thought that was very slick. I think the only complaint people are going to be able to find is the lack of a huge pocket for a jacket/hoodie and maybe how snug a Nalgene fits in the drink holders at first, neither are issues for me as you could tell from the pics/videos online that the side pockets wouldn't hold anything to large.

Very nice piece of work Justin. I would say without hesitation that there are no other bags on the market right now that have this level of thought/engineering in them.

The bag should have came with 100 business cards...If you play crowded courses you are gonna get bugged about this bag for sure.

if i remember correctly, the outside straps used to hold a chair or umbrella against the bag can be used to hold a larger rolled jacket or hoodie, if necessary.

jsun3thousand said:
if i remember correctly, the outside straps used to hold a chair or umbrella against the bag can be used to hold a larger rolled jacket or hoodie, if necessary.

This is what I was thinking I would do. I usually only care about storing a sweatshirt when I wore one out in the first place and got too warm, so it would never be a permanent solution to storing something like that anyways.

AbelRod said:
where on DD?

They ended up selling their entire inventory before having any opportunity to even put it up on their site. The minute I read that they were receiving some of the extras I emailed them directly and within 5 minutes had received an invoice on paypal to buy it.

The lack of a big pocket is very dissapointing. The other exclusive features are making me want it though. I don't know what to do.

Luckily in Texas I don't need a heavy jacket. Light sweats work

And to dgdave. Thanks for the bag! Seriously I feel for ya. I can't wait