• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Saw Uli's new Grip bag at the Majestic and it looked pretty solid. Time will tell I guess. Catrina was rocking his first run and it looked like it had seen better days. 1/2 year old bag look like it had been used for over a decade, thing was tattered. Good luck Justin, you got a lot of work to do.

Ok, I loaded up my bag for it's inaugural run this evening and my Grip bag saw it's first round 6-19-2011. I am going to keep track of how many rounds I play before I shred this thing. Putter "quiver" being undersized is annoying as hell.

I will say, it definitely rides nice, has good storage and from a design perspective it's beautiful. If the quality was there this would be THE bag. If only...

Pretty sure he's talking about his first run. That pic of Emac's two-toned 2nd run makes it look like the quiver is definitely bigger.

I just received my replacement second run grip bag this weekend at the Canadians, delivered by none other than Eric Mcabe. It is a quantum leap improvement from my first run. What I noticed was:
• The back straps are reinforced and it looks nice and firm.
• The top quiver pocket easily holds 2- 3 putters.
• The pocket where mine ripped is heavily reinforced; it is still a tight fit for a putter as that is where I like to keep mine.
• The two d rings on either side of the opening of the bag are gone. Why I don't know? I loved those rings I would hang my towel from them and when I would close up the bag it would tuck in on top of my discs.
• The plastic insert in the bottom of the bag is solid! And bolted through the bottom of the bag and through the rails on the bottom. No more deformation here!
• The bottom of the bag now sports two rails instead of the little round feet found on ver 1.
• The plastic inserts that create the form of the bag and are hidden behind the fabric feel more substantial, and most importantly all the corners are rounded. No more little edges cutting through the fabric of the bag.
• The fabric is amazing!
• The two tone is striking, my replacement was not two tone however McCabe's bag is and it is stunning!
To everybody waiting it will be worth it! This is a completely different beast from the first run, all it shares with it is the design and looks.
Gary

Timko said:
Do you have one of the new runs? The putter pocket is still undersized?

No, sorry. I figured it would be implied that I was using my 1st run since I whined as loud as I did earlier in the thread.

I don't want to come out and say that i'm going to bust it up just to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and get a free 2nd run bag but I sincerely doubt this 1st run will last the summer. If it does, I would be happy to not have to use the warranty. Believe it or not I would really like to see Justin succeed in this market. I just don't know how he's going to eat the costs of providing all the 1st run people, who's bags are busting up, with free 2nd run bags. I'm worried GripEQ will go under before it ever gets off the ground.

I have to give him some props on the design though, it really is pretty awesome conceptually. REALLY reminds me of a Timbuk2 commuter backpack that I use. It's REMARKABLY similar...

mojorisin35 said:
I just received my replacement second run grip bag this weekend at the Canadians, delivered by none other than Eric Mcabe. It is a quantum leap improvement from my first run. What I noticed was:
• The back straps are reinforced and it looks nice and firm.
• The top quiver pocket easily holds 2- 3 putters.
• The pocket where mine ripped is heavily reinforced; it is still a tight fit for a putter as that is where I like to keep mine.
• The two d rings on either side of the opening of the bag are gone. Why I don't know? I loved those rings I would hang my towel from them and when I would close up the bag it would tuck in on top of my discs.
• The plastic insert in the bottom of the bag is solid! And bolted through the bottom of the bag and through the rails on the bottom. No more deformation here!
• The bottom of the bag now sports two rails instead of the little round feet found on ver 1.
• The plastic inserts that create the form of the bag and are hidden behind the fabric feel more substantial, and most importantly all the corners are rounded. No more little edges cutting through the fabric of the bag.
• The fabric is amazing!
• The two tone is striking, my replacement was not two tone however McCabe's bag is and it is stunning!
To everybody waiting it will be worth it! This is a completely different beast from the first run, all it shares with it is the design and looks.
Gary

Thanks for the update. Now if only J@ would update the rest of us on what's going on at the factory.

fyi from grip eq site...

Bags on the way!
Posted June 23 2011 | 0 Comments

For everybody blowing up my inbox this month (rightfully so) the scoop goes like this: Two weeks ago we received our small first shipment of our second run. After close inspection I was extremely pleased with the new run including all of the changes we made from the inaugural batch.

I did, however find a small and workable issue in that first batch that I was not completely satisfied with. I went out to the factory, got it right, and we are chugging along with first-rate product! Having had to send those back to be dialed put us back a couple of weeks, but this is nothing even approaching the delays we experienced last year.

We will be back on track next week starting to ship out first run replacements and contest winners, and moving on to the waiting list in a couple of weeks. Production is just a bit slower than planned but as we move along we will continue to ramp up output through the summer. Please hit me up if you are curious of your place on the waiting list, but know that demand makes it difficult to predict exactly when each number will come up.

It is worthy of note that there will be a very limited supply of bags available on a waiting list free, first-come, first-served basis at our Flymart booth at the Amateur World Championships in Rochester, NY on Tues, July 26th and to our Euro disc golf friends at the European Open!

Also be on the lookout as we are right now printing up some tees and swag that you will be able to find on GripEQ.com and at our Flymart booths at Am Worlds, Pro Worlds in Santa Cruuuuz, and the European Open. We are also printing complimentary tees for our wonderful first-run customers for being so kind to stick with us through thick and thin! (Those included by this should be on the lookout for an email from me in the next week about this)

Hope you all have had some of this nice weather we have seen at GripHQ recently!

PS. If I haven't responded to your email yet, stay tuned. I'm plowing through them as much as humanly possible!

So has anyone gotten their replacement bags yet? Curious if anyone else is as optimistic as mojorisin35 after getting their 2nd run.

5th round with my 1st run bag last night. The hard plastic sewn into the area seperating the putter "quiver" and the adjacent pocket is starting to slice it's way out of the material. It would appear that the hard plastic did not have any sort of "edge break" performed to it and as a result the corners are very sharp.

Jeronimo said:
5th round with my 1st run bag last night. The hard plastic sewn into the area seperating the putter "quiver" and the adjacent pocket is starting to slice it's way out of the material. It would appear that the hard plastic did not have any sort of "edge break" performed to it and as a result the corners are very sharp.

I think this is a result of the putter pocket being too small. When I have my two putters stuffed in there, and try and pull one out that flap of plastic can get twisted and poke through.

carlitocal said:
has anyone on the DD "preorder" list got their bags yet?

I certainly haven't and I don't think anyone else has yet either. I believe he's been sending out first run replacement bags this week and hoping to get to the DD ones next week, but who knows.

I finally got confirmation from Justin that my bag is shipping this friday. Considering I have asked him multiple times only to be told, "you will be next week" I remain doubtful still. I was one of the first to report my bag and ended up being on the 3rd(as far as is publicly known) shipment of these 2nd runs. If I were a DD preorder I wouldn't wait around. seems the priority system isn't all that organized.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the "next few weeks" line. Hope you get the bag soon, I'll still be interested in what you think about it.

emiller3 said:
Yeah, I'm getting tired of the "next few weeks" line. Hope you get the bag soon, I'll still be interested in what you think about it.

FWIW, I got a reply "in about two weeks" in regards to the DD bags. At least it's a change up from "next few..."

Got my replacement today. The thing looks pretty solid but I already purchased a bag during the year+ wait I had to endure. I wish him the best of luck and think the design is really awesome. Someone is gonna be really happy to get this thing...

Latest posts