• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New buttons/tabs

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey guys,

I just updated the buttons and tabs on the site. I mostly needed to standardize their size so adding new ones in the future will be easier and not look bad.

If the buttons look funny or messed up in your browser do a Ctrl-F5 to update the style sheet and all should once again be well.

I'll also be playing with the layout soon so they will be in the following order:

Map Location - Played - Print View
Local Weather - Favorite - Send to friend
Conditions - Wish List - Links

So I'm pretty much just making the center row profile related unless you guys think there is a better layout. I plan on adding a new feature in the coming week or two to profile stuff so I need room for a 4th button which is why I'm doing this vertical reorganization.

Okay... this made me look at all the buttons for the first time.

Can the "Print View" be updated to include the "Hole Info" if it's not blank?

I'd rather not since it's really meant to just print the course info sheet to take with you on road trips so you have the course directions, coordinates, etc.

Interesting... for the two trips I've done now (Ohio - 4 courses/5 rounds in 4 days... and Colorado 9 courses/12 rounds in 3 days) I printed both the Course Info page and the Hole Info page for all the courses.

ERic

I usually just print the course info page and then a map/scorecard if available.

FWIW I'd like to see the top buttons as
Wish List - Played - Map
These are the ones I use the most, but I imagine that everyone has their individual preferences. Yours seem to be different, and it's not a big deal.

My idea was to keep them organized based on what they do. Wishlist/Played/Favorite all add the course to your profile. Map location, update conditions and weather are all course related. Send to friend, link to course and Print view are all to send/relay course info.

How did you answer only 1 minute after I posted? You're lightning quick!

My idea was to keep them organized based on what they do. Wishlist/Played/Favorite all add the course to your profile. Map location, update conditions and weather are all course related. Send to friend, link to course and Print view are all to send/relay course info.

gotcha.

Since you are trying to free up some room for tabs, why not move the Photo tab over to where the pictures are displayed and have it say "More Photos" or something? That would leave you room on the right side of the page for an extra tab.

I like how the buttons at the bottom right are arranged.

Looks good. Keep up the good work.

I've always thought it a little odd that "Update Conditions" got its own button, whereas all the other course data goes through one single update interface.

I'd personally find it more useful if when clicking the "Update Conditions" button the "Conditions" text was not wiped out, but retained for the editor to modify or append. It's easy enough to delete it all if it's no longer relevant. Also, a bigger editing box for the Conditions text would be useful.

ERic

The reason I gave Conditions its own button is I figured it could possibly be something that people update frequently so I wanted to make it easy. This way they don't have to load the whole editing page and can just quickly click the button, do the update and be done with it. I also did this before adding the mini-tabs to the bottom of the windows so that may have changed my opinion as far as giving conditions its own button.

I'll enlarge the conditions box and have the old info filled in right now.

An actual history of the updates and what they were? Right now you can see when and who updated them.

Also, I just changed the button layout so I'm sure that'll cause a little bit of confusion for a bit.

An actual history of the updates and what they were? Right now you can see when and who updated them.

Also, I just changed the button layout so I'm sure that'll cause a little bit of confusion for a bit.

I was thinking what the updates were. Right now you can see what the updates were for a photograph but not generic course conditions. I just thought that it would be neat to be able to see the progression of course changes and upgrades thru the use of a "conditions archive". Im just throwing ideas out here.

Latest posts