• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Courses at Highbridge

superberry

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Has anyone been there in June 2011? Has anyone played and can confirm if Whitetail and Bear are full 18-hole monsters yet??

I'm planning a trip to Mont du Lac and will hit up HHSC if these two are complete, otherwise I'm sticking with my boycott!

I heard a rumor that the Highbridge courses went bankrupt and the baskets got repo'd. I'm hoping this isn't the case, since I was planning a trip there next summer.

I heard a rumor that the Highbridge courses went bankrupt and the baskets got repo'd. I'm hoping this isn't the case, since I was planning a trip there next summer.

For the last year or two this has been a rumor that this was going to happen soon.

So, I would not be surprised if it has happened, but I have not heard to contrary that it has.

I asked Tick who sells discs up there 2 weeks ago regarding the rumor and he said it wasn't true at least thru the last weekend in June.

One of the issues with Highbridge is getting current information. It would be awesome if White Tail and Bear are complete ( complete is relative at Highbridge ), but I'd be curious to hear from players...like superberry asked...who have been up there in the last 2-3 weeks. Some direct experience reporting would go a long way in helping players to decide wether to make the trek to Highbridge.

I was there for the first time this weekend, Whitetail is not open yet.

The Bear 1-7 are open and John said he wants to get holes 8-18 worked on and done this week.

The Bear 1-7 are open and John said he wants to get holes 8-18 worked on and done this week.

So to answer the OP's question: no, the same answer that was given 2-3 years ago is still being given today

We were up there in early June. The Bear had a few holes in the ground, but it was horribly unkempt and we played one hole of it before moving on. From what I saw in early June, I don't foresee the Bear being completed anytime soon. I know John means well, and is trying his best, but he just doesn't have the manpower to maintain all of the courses that are currently there in addition to the ones he wants to build. Those guys work hard, but 6 courses is simply too much for a couple of guys.

I'm planning a trip to Mont du Lac and will hit up HHSC if these two are complete, otherwise I'm sticking with my boycott!

Just a heads up... the Lake Superior Open is the July 9-10. Courses will likely be closed to the public.

Have fun up there!!

Ha Ha! John is a great guy, but he says that about everything. His mind is bigger than his manpower.

I was there a few weeks ago with Zman. The Bear you currently play 1-7 (if it is not completely overgrown by now), then finish up on Woodland Greens to get 18 holes, which is just stupid in my opinion, especially if you are going to play Woodland's full 18, which means you spend a lot of time playing holes twice on the course that people aren't traveling 1000 miles to play.

We saw baskets for Whitetail, but it's not done yet.

Currently there is Blueberry, Gold, Granite, Woodland, and Chestnut with 18 holes. Then there is a seemingly infinite configurations of different holes from different courses.

^^^Where'd you hear that? Please share.

A little off topic, but I see it here a LOT, so:

^ Means you are replying to the post above you.
^^ Means you are replying to the 2nd to last post above yours.
^^^ Means you are replying to the 3rd to last post above yours.
^^^^Means you are replying to the 4th to last post above yours.

When you put ^^^ and you are the 3rd poster in the thread, you are pointing to a post that does not exist.

This concludes today's lesson in How-to-internet.

^ Great use of "^"'s!!! See? This guy is only 3 posts in and he is doing it right. Now, the rest of you can join in!

Just a heads up... the Lake Superior Open is the July 9-10. Courses will likely be closed to the public.

Have fun up there!!

Glad I'm hitting Mont du Lac on Thursday then (after YMSB Wednesday :thmbup:). Than highbridge for the rest of the weekend. If anything has changed I'll post on this thread.

all baskets for bear course are in

I just got back from a fantastic weekend at highbridge. All 18 holes of the Bear course are IN, we were actually one of the first groups to play the entire course. Now it is pretty rough right now john still has some fairways to widen but let me tell you this course is a BEAST. Most holes are between 400-700 ft in the woods. Let me tell you this course is going to make the gold course look like a pansy. I cannot wait to play it when it is finished. There is also several baskets for the whitetail course in place but tee pads were not marked so we did not try to play it. I highly recommend a trip up there for anyone who is contemplating one. We drove up about 8 hours for a 3 day stay and it was totally worth it.

Latest posts