• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Course in Oil City, Pennsylvania

Slicktm

Hi fellow DG enthusiasts,

I just wanted to post that there is a new DGC in Oil City PA and is about 85%-90% completed. All the tee blocks and baskets are installed and its a very fun course. The signs are about the only thing that needs placed and some underbrush needs to be removed for this to be fully operational. Look up Oil City Disc Golf course on here for more info. Hope to see you there.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4645

Great job on the design and construction of this course I was visiting from Asheville NC and had a chance to play all 18 holes yesterday. Lots of challenging shots to be had here in this great old park. Thank You! cant wait to come back.

Made it out yesterday for 2 rounds. 1 st hole we met Jim Jones the township supervisor who implemented the design. Really friendly gentleman, who was very new to the sport but also very excited to see how it does in his town. He was playing with discs that were given to him by McCormack and fishman Tim, signed and numbered =P. He was very responsive to suggestions on how to handle new tees and secondary pin usage to add options on holes. Currently one set of tees(white), he said their next step might be adding another set next summer. He said some folks wanted reds but imo the current whites could be red on some of the holes, i suggested going for blues. Anywho, it is a gorgeous course, a misplaced shot is not at all forgiving on either the wooded or open holes. All in all pretty technical. Very clean and beautiful park in general. I will definitely be back soon!

edit: I added a bunch of photos, except for 17 and 18, they are still on my gf's phone

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the pictures up. How long of a course is it? Basically are the average holes 200,300,400 ft? A mix of all these distances? Going to try and make it out soon. How was navigation?

I will be tackling this course in the near future! I cannot wait since it looks great.

I would say around a 300' average, there are a couple that are in the 400' and 500' range.
It was fairly easy to navigate but i will note a couple that were confusing(luckily i had a guide).

#2 teepad is just to the left of the #1 basket there is a sign that points into the woods saying 2 but it is just to get you across the ravine to the basket.
3 is up the hill from 2 almost right beside it.
4 you go back across the ravine. 5 easily spotted.
6 is across the street.
For 7, after 6 walk up the road back towards 4/5 and it is on the edge of the road.
8 you walk back towards 6, towards the pavillion, I would have thought this was 7 without the guide there.
10 you walk the opposite way from the starting area for 1, there is a sign with a 90 degree arrow here you go up the hill and then follow the path to the right. 11 is a monster hike up the hill there is a deer path to follow.
For 13 go back towards 11 the tee is behind 11's.
For 14 go downhill from 13.
15 was kinda tricky, walk out of the woods cross the 3way intersection and stay towards the road for the teepad. 16 is up the hill from there.
17 is back down the hill. 18 back into the woods.
There are signs directing you for most of it, but no signs on the tees for the layout. On the blind holes you can see orange highway paint on the tree stumps these followed the fairway and were a good indicator of the direction you need to follow.
The signs for the holes should be arriving soon(I was told)
Again a beautiful course and it flowed pretty well. With the use of elevation here, there are quite a few blind hazards, so look out.

one more thing, the directions this site gives are accurate but kind of confusing. You basically follow route 62 the entire way into oil city. the street names given are not posted on road signs until you are already on them. 62 merges with 8 and goes all the way into the city.

I wish I didn't have prior engagements, would have been fun to play something brand spankin new :). What are your plans for this weekend?

saturday I have a ball golf scramble for a local fundraiser, but ill go on sunday if you're down

I'd also like to add that these Gateway Titan baskets are very nice. The 3 sets of chains really seem to gobble up anything that hit them, and the buckets themselves seemed deeper than what I'm used to.