• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new disc? Terminator

I would prefer to have the Lipton Teabag midrange. It is a small diameter disc with predictable fade to put you in the hole everytime.

LOL, he wants a "teabag".

This actually would make more sense from a historical standpoint as Sir Thomas Lipton, a fellow Irishman and found of Lipton Tea, was heavily involved in the development of America's Cup sailboat racing design. Sailing and disc golf involve many of the same physical concepts, lift, drag, etc...

This may not be the shoe brand but...Funk Nike!
Keep your filthy Nike hands off of disc golf.
This is the worst part of going mainstream. They helped add nails to the coffin of pure raw skateboarding.
Sure they will bring big money to tournaments but I hate to see Feldberg borrowing outfits from Tiger Woods closet.
Maybe I'm a purist but I know their are people backing me up.
Maybe I can pre-order a Super DEWper Mountain Dew Extreme Plastic putter.
Nike makes great products - not sure why the biggest player in sports offering their take on disc golf would be a negative thing. They could put 10x the research budget that anybody else could into developing the perfect plastic if they wanted to, and I think that would be great.

Looks like im going to goshen today moto ;) haha...I havn't been to play-it-again in a long time...plus I don't think im going to league today cause its supposed to T-storm....again! blah!

nike plastic is put out by gateway.
From what I understand, Gateway purchased a bunch of raw plastic from Nike...hence the blend's name.

I don't know why people keep calling this a Gateway product. The DGC link shows its a Quest AT disc. The two companies did some collaboration together once but have long since separated.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4075

Nike makes great products - not sure why the biggest player in sports offering their take on disc golf would be a negative thing. They could put 10x the research budget that anybody else could into developing the perfect plastic if they wanted to, and I think that would be great.

Nike plastic has been out for a couple of years already, its nothing new. As far as I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the athletic products company. Its likely more of a generic reference to the Greek Goddess Nike as a name for Quests durable-grippy plastic. But I'll bet the reference is less than coincidental.

And even if Nike were involved, why would they collaborate with a company regarded as a laughing stock in the disc golf community? Come to think of it, why would they collaborate with anybody? Nike probably spends more on R&D for their products every year than all the disc manufacturers combined make in sales.

scarpfish, I think you misunderstand my post. I wasn't saying that Nike has anything to do with this plastic - I was saying that if Nike ever does get involved in disc golf in the future, it will be a good thing because of the huge R&D dollars that they could pour into it. That was in response to somebody who had said Nike's involvement would be a bad thing, because it would make the sport less underground or whatever.

scarpfish, I think you misunderstand my post. I wasn't saying that Nike has anything to do with this plastic - I was saying that if Nike ever does get involved in disc golf in the future, it will be a good thing because of the huge R&D dollars that they could pour into it. That was in response to somebody who had said Nike's involvement would be a bad thing, because it would make the sport less underground or whatever.
I wasn't calling you out. I merely quoted you for reference as I agree with you. Sorry the formatting made it look that way.

thats because i dont know sorry, just thought id drop some science on u.:) it would seem kinda stupid of them to use the nike name being that nike is a sporting goods company as well and people could get the idea that it was made from plastic that nike uses in their "moon boots" or basketballs or one of the other millions of slavery produced products (to be taking jokenly not a fact please dont sue me) anyway its pretty stupid to use that name if it dont have something to do with nike as they could letigate you back to the stone-age and im guessing it wont be to long before nike buys out discraft or innova and the do what they did to the chuck taylors( 19.99 made in the usa) then next year 45.00 made in banglaganistan .:mad:

The good news is, if you like kicks, you can get them for $20 made by Airwalk from Payless.

not me, i held one, i was intrigued, but didn't think a 1/4 inch rim was enough to hold on to, and its a super wide rim to boot...
if it were pdga approved lots of folks woulda tried it (secretly i blame innova for non-approval) since its not allowed in tourney play, to me its not worth buyin yet, i'm still mad they took the wheel off the list, i mean its a junk disc, good for 30ft rollers, why not approve that? seriously, what harm could it do

I found one out at Chavez - called the guy whose name & number were on the back, he told me to keep it - and plan to check it out at some point.

The guy said it was radically overstable and wicked fast, good for thumbers and other overhand shots, none of which I throw (bad shoulder). Like I say, I'll give it a shot. After all, I'm looking for a disc that will go 500 feet for me and hold any line I put it on, maybe then I can change my name to Feldberg or Climo or something, I dunno ... :D

TERMINATOR!

I bought the terminator from GGGT since I have about every Quest AT disc ever made. Needless to say, just like every Quest disc, it is quite unique. Stiff as a board, razor thin, and BLISTERING fast. Where most discs noticeably slow throughout their flight this disc hits the ground at the same speed it was released. Albiet 300 feet away! I liken this disc to a Lamborghini. A little difficult to drive and get used to, but once you do, be prepared to go incredibly far incredibly quickly. I'm a sidearmer and I tried several release angles and found that anything less than a strong anhyzer resulted in an EPIC roller. So suffice it to say that its very understable. My best throw was into a gentle headwind and it was probably one of my longest drives at @ 480 feet! This one is going in my bag as a roller since it was most consistent as such and yeilded the stick straight rolls of my dreams!

I got a 172g from GGGT in the used rack. It is a really interesting disc. Until you reach it's design speed it'll simply fade hard. But once you get to that speed you can definitely get it to flatten and glide. But the range of speed that is would flatten and glide is tight. Very touchy. It gave me some the most extreme s-turns for distance I have ever thrown. I could never use it if there were any obstacles on the fairway. Never used it in a real round - just had some fun on a practice field.

Latest posts