• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discraft Driver?

The hint of the stamp they show rules out anything related to the nuke in my opinion. Looks like the end of an antenna and something else, weird.

My guess is the Discraft equivalent of the TEEBIRD!, Something they've always lacked and hopefully have finally addressed, come on baby I feel it I've been waiting forever for this!!!

but with the pred they haven't exactly needed it. I would think it'd be cool to have a comparative disc to the pred for understable purposes. I suppose that is what the XL is for...

The hint of the stamp they show rules out anything related to the nuke in my opinion. Looks like the end of an antenna and something else, weird.

I thought maybe an awkward music note or something. MAYBE IT'S THE DISCRAFT GROOVE WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED!!!!!

i'm thinking it's a sparkle z nuke as well because of the immense popularity it has achieved

nuke and buzzz will prob be their biggest money makers in 2011

I hope they come out with the new Discraft Dig Dug. It's a special disc designed for underground rollers on especially windy days. That'd be sweet.

Except the XL has some turn, T-bird doesn't & XL won't handle the wind as well as the T-bird. I throw both & the T-bird comes out when I need straight with fade & the XL when it's a little more open. Love'em both

Z XL has very little turn if any when they are new. If the XL wont work for the shot, an Avenger will.

Discraft using sparkle plastic is nothing new.. they used it on the first run stalkers at the 2009 worlds amongst several other molds before that.. ie. buzz.. My guess is its probably a sparkle Hurricane.. they are coming out in a week for the Otter open.. I know its DGA but discraft makes em

-G

what is the deal with the nuke plus?

Its a Nuke with a bead.
This is the only current high speed driver with a wide wing that has a bead.

The bead is pronounced and significant, not just poorly trimmed flashing, and like any other disc, the bead makes these Nukes slower and much more high speed stable than thier beadless couterparts, bring them out of the sky much faster.
This is a good Nuke for headwinds.
The only problem is the bead shreds my index finger as it slides out of my hand, so I can only throw it when I tape up first.
I wanna stablized regular Z Nuke dammit ! A Night Shift Nuke would be a bomber. :D

And I agree with the other thread about this disc, it looks like mold in the rim, not sparkles. :(

Last edited:
Z XL has very little turn if any when they are new. If the XL wont work for the shot, an Avenger will.

True, but the Bird doesn't seem to lose HHS like the XL as it beats in, I have a Z & X & they both have some turn. My Champ Teebird won't turn unless it's OAT. And I don't have the arm for an Avenger so I'd love to see a Discraft with no turn, predictable fade, and around speed 7 for us mortals. Guess a Stalker may be close??

True, but the Bird doesn't seem to lose HHS like the XL as it beats in, I have a Z & X & they both have some turn. My Champ Teebird won't turn unless it's OAT. And I don't have the arm for an Avenger so I'd love to see a Discraft with no turn, predictable fade, and around speed 7 for us mortals. Guess a Stalker may be close??

Have you even thrown these discs? A Z stalker has more turn then an Z XL.

Have you even thrown these discs? A Z stalker has more turn then an Z XL.

Never thrown a Stalker, I have the PDGA ESP but never thrown it. Joe's has the XL with -1 turn, the Stalker -0.5, and the Teebird 0. That's what I was using for comparison. But that's kinda my point, Discraft doesn't have a Teebird-ish disc that I know of in the same speed range. But I could be way off since I've tried to stick with certain molds & not throw everything made. If I'm wrong won't be the last time!

2005 Player's Cup Z Trackers are VERY Teebird like and the plastic is very close to CE as well.

Latest posts