• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discraft Driver?

My guess is a groove shaped lip... I have seen a few of the protos floating around lately... But I am probably wrong :(

Yea, I was told they have been working on a grooved rim for a couple years now. I wonder if they will ever release it though... Especially after seeing Innova's "success" with them... Maybe they can make it good though? :confused:

Especially with the success of the Pulse... I think the Valk/Monarch hybrid is the only grooved disc to really see any kind of popularity. Me think the grooves just mess with aerodynamics to much. Although, if it were closer or farther from the rim, I'd be interested in seeing what they do. (The Groove's groove is in the middle of that wide rim...)

Its just a guess based on the curve of the disc and the rim, but to me it looks to be at least a speed 10 and probably more.

Discraft likes the grooves on top, not on the bottom. See: Banger-GT, Buzzz-GT, Slipstream-GT.

Also (and this is debated endlessly here, but my two cents) *Avenger = Teebird +1 speed*. Pred,Tsunami,Avenger,Avenger-SS --all the same basic mold with slight tweaks to the underside, and that is straight from Jim Kenner.. Makes a killer combo though to mix and match those molds to get the same basic feel for so many different shot types.

From the scale of the pic, I don't think there's any way it'll be some kind of Nuke. I'm guessing a slightly OS fairway.

ZStalker is pretty tbirdish. The Avenger is more TLish IMO. XL is leopardish.

Oh come on Chris we expect more from you. Break out the plasma cutter pen to crack the safe and get us some pics with your bow tie camera lol.

If you look at the rim it definitely has more light coming through the center of the rim than the edges which makes me think this could possibly be a Groove styled disc with the rim being thinner in the center.

If you look at the rim it definitely has more light coming through the center of the rim than the edges which makes me think this could possibly be a Groove styled disc with the rim being thinner in the center.

Maybe its a Predator with a grooved wing...

The new disc is top secret and will be an Am Worlds fundraiser.

Am Nats

Does everyone really need a new disc in their bag? I bet this won't be the magic disc that everyone is waiting for. I'm getting closer to 20yrs of playing every day and the closest thing to a magic disc is my putter.

You just want an excuse to get more Preds without adding another "mold"... :p

Guilty. Next thing you know, I have one mold. Which will come once they have the sawed off pred where its just a Pred with most of the rim removed making it a putter.

Latest posts