• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Equipment Forum Layout

Discs Forum: Keep the manufacturer sub-forums?

• Yes

Votes: 108 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.3%

• Total voters
Maybe make the Innova forum "Innova/Discmania/Millennium".
And Discraft could become "Discraft/DGA"
Latitude could become "Latitude 64/Westside/DynamicDiscs".

I like the new layout. But this might be an improvement.

I'd also vote for some sort of a "view all" option (easy for me to say, of course, since I don't have to figure out how to implement it). I like how the new layout helps to find specific information, but I miss how the old layout facilitated browsing: I've read a lot of threads in there simply because they caught my eye as I was strolling through looking for the threads I was proactively following.

I like the sub forums, however, I still would like the ability to look at the equipment (new) forums in one master equipment (new) forum.

Maybe make the Innova forum "Innova/Discmania/Millennium".
And Discraft could become "Discraft/DGA"
Latitude could become "Latitude 64/Westside/DynamicDiscs".

I think I would like this the best of all the suggestions I've read. Then there could be a "Miscellaneous Discs" forum for all the other companies that are a bit smaller. Then the overall "Discs" folder could be for threads comparing companies or something like that.

could be the worst idea ever. Pretty much common sense but you cant ask general questions like you could before. Its crazy. Id try to be constructive but wow.

If i make a thread asking, "Best Putter in the Wind?". How in the world will that work if there are seperate forums for each company. I have to post the same thread in each? lol Thats just an example. ANY general question about discs you cant post now. Pretty shocking whoever thought of this and thought it was a good idea. What about any thread that compares two different discs from two different companies? Like Stag v Volt threads. So do i post that in the mvp or westside forum?

its even more funny that some of you brown-nosers like the idea.

could be the worst idea ever. Pretty much common sense but you cant ask general questions like you could before. Its crazy. Id try to be constructive but wow.

If i make a thread asking, "Best Putter in the Wind?". How in the world will that work if there are seperate forums for each company. I have to post the same thread in each? lol Thats just an example. ANY general question about discs you cant post now. Pretty shocking whoever thought of this and thought it was a good idea. What about any thread that compares two different discs from two different companies? Like Stag v Volt threads. So do i post that in the mvp or westside forum?

I'm with this guy, but with a little less a-hole vibe. :)

There's a general discs forum for that type of question.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yes 56 61.54%
No 35 38.46%

Nice work timg- really cleaned things up.

No there isnt lol. Under discs there are just the different companies at the top. No general discs. Even if they made a general disc chat forum its moronic. So people that throw latitude will be in the latitude forum and not in the general disc chat, then whats the point of asking something in a general chat if you cant get the opinion of everyone, everyone that might throw all different kinds of plastic. Which doesnt exist unless its located somewhere else weird,,,it certainly isnt one of the categories under discs.

what a joke.

No there isnt lol. Under discs there are just the different companies at the top. No general discs. Even if they made a general disc chat forum its moronic. So people that throw latitude will be in the latitude forum and not in the general disc chat, then whats the point of asking something in a general chat if you cant get the opinion of everyone, everyone that might throw all different kinds of plastic. Which doesnt exist unless its located somewhere else weird,,,it certainly isnt one of the categories under discs.

what a joke.

you do know that you dont HAVE to be in the lat forum if you throw lat discs right you can browse the different forums at free will... also if you actually click on discs it will have the subforums up top and the general disc chat down below already opened up

what a joke.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Scroll down.

what a joke.

Look again. You're getting angry about something you haven't bothered to take 30 seconds and figure out. If you have an issue with the whole idea that's fine, but get your facts straight before you get irrationally angry about something.

I used to check the equipment forum a lot from my phone, now it's too much work that I don't even bother.

I think all of you who like it need to look at the forums without logging on. Pretend you're a guest, or a lurker. It's too fragmented now. Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

You could argue that this is now incentive to become a member.

^I dunno just did and still seems to be organized much better with no problem finding recent posts hitting "todays new posts" and being fragmented is how a forum really should be not just a big cluster of info.

^I dunno just did and still seems to be organized much better with no problem finding recent posts hitting "todays new posts" and being fragmented is how a forum really should be not just a big cluster of info.

Well I'll be.

I never noticed that "Today's Posts" option. Is that new, or was I just oblivious to it. Ok, I still don't like the layout, but by clicking "today's posts," guests can still view all of what's new, at once. Nice.

Latest posts