• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Gstar Line-Up

I don't think so... I doubt that xcals or destroyers will be better in Gstar. I guess we will see. I could see there being less molds released in star plastic though.

My thinking for the molds they picked is that they are poor sellers and if they release them in shiny new plastic sales will go up on them.

I just heard from a friend yesterday, star TeeRex's are done.?.

My thinking for the molds they picked is that they are poor sellers and if they release them in shiny new plastic sales will go up on them.

I agree. And if the big sellers are keeping their molds occupied why monkey with it. (Assuming it works that way)

I had the hots for Star plastic, because I liked the way it looked, and liked Innova's description.

I basically sold off all of the ones I bought except for the FL. I found it slippery as hell.

I AM THE GUY who would try a Skeeter in a grippier Star plastic. There you go!

I could sell 20 of those darts tomorrow around here. I definitely don't like them or use them but I understand them molding them. I'm sure they have numbers somewhere as to what discs to mold. Or they're just pulling them out of a hat.

Maybe I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but I think no teebirds/destroyers is intentional to drive up the price and demand on the collector's market for those discs. They have to be making pretty good money when they are selling out of a few thousand discs every time they release a batch through the proshop. Not only do they get to sell the discs above what they would sell them for to a retailer (probably about double the cost, actually) but if they time their releases right, they might be able to sell them in higher amounts than they would to the general public as they purposefully create demand by limiting release amounts.

My guess is they keep up that practice for a few months until the demand clearly slows, at which point, they will become a full release.

Well put, I was just going to say it's all about smart marketing.

I like Star Darts and use them for putts and approaches but the star darts are already soft and gummy. I cant see the need for an even gummier star dart. I wish they would make a firmer, less domey Star Dart. Star Dart3?

I second this. I use r pro darts a lot when it isn't windy out but I have only found 3 that felt right in hand. The DX, champion, and star versions all have the dome of a cereal bowl and zero stability for me. These 3 I own (2 now, one went to winthrop lake) all look like the top has collapsed some. And I think it is from wear or age like they were not this way to start with. All 3 came from used bins at PIAS.

Anyway if the gstar is like these rpros and just a bit flatter, that would be sweet.

I'd like the skeeter if it wasn't for that awful stock stamp. Just makes me not even want to touch it. Does that make me a bad person? :\

Anyone else think that with the info regarding the initial production lineup that the value on the leopards, TLs, teebirds, and/or destroyers, rocs, aviars (if they get test released) will actually see a slight spike?

Anyone else think that with the info regarding the initial production lineup that the value on the leopards, TLs, teebirds, and/or destroyers, rocs, aviars (if they get test released) will actually see a slight spike?

Doubtful, they have only been going down in price ad show no signs of stopping.