• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Gstar Line-Up

Will these have a protostar stamp? Also, are any retailers taking preorders on these yet? I am interested in an Aviar/Krait

Doubtful, they only stated stock stamps and have only pictured stock stamps. They usually save the protostar for new molds, not new plastic.

I think there is a real possibility that this plastic was available to Innova in a limited quantity. CryZtal and CryZtal FLX are great plastics yet we don't see Discraft running discs in those plastics in anything but limited runs.

But that still doesn't explain the strange choices they are making in which discs they are running this in.

That is a fair point, but Innova does give you the option to be alerted to new items at the pro shop, and people could use their phone to order if it's that important to them.

Although the shipping charge there is another topic in itself.

Yea their notifications don't really work all to well, usually you don't get it or it comes after everything is already sold out.

I find it hilarious people sell proto stars and bb Rocs for well over $40 and no one breathes a word, yet ill will is wished upon the people who got in on the Teebird run.

All I can say is:

Cha
Ching

If Innova takes a long time to run the teebirds again, I think the price of the test runs will skyrocket once all the flipped discs get sold.

Yep. I really don't understand the vitriol. Innova is, first and foremost, a business. Too much anger for a Friday morning.

Woah, woah, woah. I think we all know that the other disc manufacturers are not in the business to make money. Come on now. It's just not right that Innova has a smart business model. I mean, no one even WANTS their products! They are being forced to buy them!

Doubtful, they only stated stock stamps and have only pictured stock stamps. They usually save the protostar for new molds, not new plastic.

There have been molds that had more than one first run star run though. Champion and star Destroyer comes to mind. Wasn't the Katana run in both Pro and star with the first run stamp as well?

There have been molds that had more than one first run star run though. Champion and star Destroyer comes to mind. Wasn't the Katana run in both Pro and star with the first run stamp as well?

The Destroyer first came out in Star and sports the usual first run stamp. The Champion models were around but they were only CFR for a while. When INNColor problems arose, a special run of Champion Destroyers were made with some old stamps. One of which was the original Champion Discs Inc design.

Yea thats not what Im talking about. What I'm talking about is that they usually do not do a protostar stamp on a disc that has been already released just because its in a new plastic

That is a fair point, but Innova does give you the option to be alerted to new items at the pro shop, and people could use their phone to order if it's that important to them.

Although the shipping charge there is another topic in itself.

It's definitely not a big deal in real life but this is a disc golf forum. It's probably the appropriate place for people to bitch and moan about not getting an interesting new disc. No need for constant shock at complaining or lessons in capitalism.

I think there is a real possibility that this plastic was available to Innova in a limited quantity. CryZtal and CryZtal FLX are great plastics yet we don't see Discraft running discs in those plastics in anything but limited runs.

But that still doesn't explain the strange choices they are making in which discs they are running this in.

I haven't really seen any indication of this. The previous discs were a test run to see if this would become a regular production item. It doesn't seem logical to bother with so many test runs for a plastic with limited supplies.

But I don't really know what I'm talking about

It's definitely not a big deal in real life but this is a disc golf forum. It's probably the appropriate place for people to bitch and moan about not getting an interesting new disc. No need for constant shock at complaining or lessons in capitalism.

Majority of the beaching would go away if you didn't always see the same handful of people buy these limited releases in bulk just so they can put them up on FB. Innova really needs to bring back the limit to buying limited releases like they used to have.

Pro Katana was the only one with the Protostar. Star first runs were 'Farting Lemon' from Lemon Lake.

Lol at them photoshopping the gstar krait into Paul Mcbeth's hands. If you look at his fingers it's so obvious.

G* Leopards are good, but they really should have released the BB Aviar Driver mold in it instead of the P&A mold.