• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Champion Plastic...good or bad????

I have 3 Totem Teebirds. They are very stiff and domey. Two of them, I would consider normal in terms of unique qualities. The other one is pearly. All of them have similar flex. I like the plastic, but the mold is just too domey for me.

In terms of this being the same plastic that is in the Tern, I would tend to disagree. Just by appearance the light transmittance is vastly different, and the grip is much better on the Tern. Both plastics are far and away better than the 12x TeeBird debacle.

I'm not sure if the manufacturing process Innova uses on the Tern mold or the TeeBird mold are similar. I would assume they could get by with a lower temp faster flow rate for a wide rimmed driver than they could with a more stocky-bodied TeeBird...Perhaps this could be a reason with my perceived differences. Either way, if Innova can stick with the quality of plastic in the Tern and spread that around to some of the bread'n'butter discs of their line-up, I would have to stock up.

If I don't buy it by Sunday, am I allowed to pick up a Valk AND a Tern? That will make it Two. Whole. Weeks.

Not sure if I have the arm for a speed 12 disc, but people seem to like it.

I know I don't have the arm for speed 12, but when has that ever stopped a plastic purchase.

I got to feel some proto stamp terns and the plastic feels pretty consistent to what my ROC 3 felt like. I really hope they keep the plastic feeling the same.

I know the Beast is being ran in the new plastic. Picked this one up the other day, it was the only one that the shop had. I don't throw Beasts but the plastic on this was way to good to put back down.

209b33d83b800cb5bb6979a77431b74c_zps8c0f5836.jpg

That doesn't look like the new plastic Beasts I've seen... they usually have sort of a clear rim, don't they?

That doesn't look like the new plastic Beasts I've seen... they usually have sort of a clear rim, don't they?

It's hard to tell by that pic, but you're correct, Beasts in the new champ blend have a clear almost glassy look. Like the Tern and Roc3.

That looks right.

Was Bob trying to pull a fast one here again?;)

Well at least Bob is not an anonymous poster. Until you identify yourself, the real person will get the benefit of the doubt.

You state you were in So Cal long enough to have seen Bob play. Do you know me? You are welcome to send PM.

Well at least Bob is not an anonymous poster. Until you identify yourself, the real person will get the benefit of the doubt.

You state you were in So Cal long enough to have seen Bob play. Do you know me? You are welcome to send PM.

It was a joke...J-O-K-E. The "wink" should have tipped you off. Bob and I are good.

Don't know you, don't really know Bob other than seeing him around on courses in San Diego area back in the day.

I am pretty sure this is the new plastic. It feels just like my Tern's, way better than the two 12x teebirds I recently purchased.

Any word on more discs coming out in the new champ plastic? I'm anxious to see if they will release the Monster in this line.

Don't get it twisted, I like the new plastic and I love the Roc 3. The only problem I've had with this softer blend is that the flight plate is much more susceptible to puncture wounds.

My champion Tern with the bg ams stamp on it is pretty nice although the color is clear and the rim isnt 100% clear like that red beast. more of a chaulky colored rim. wonder how long till we see more discs in it

Does anyone know exactly what runs are out in the new plastic besides the Tern and the Rocs?

I thought I saw something that said there's a Mako3 and a Shark3 coming out or already out in the new Champ...?

Which I like a lot, prefer it mucho over the previous champ. The feel is better for me all around, grippy and a bit gummy, and if the Tern is any indication, it's less glide-fighting than the "older" champ.