• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

I went out and got a few throws with it. It's wet outside from all the storms we have had this week, so I wasn't able to really many great throws in.

I didn't have any wind to throw in too. It was nice and stable, not super stable. Feels like I can really get in to it, and not worry about it turning. I'm hoping to get a round in tomorrow and see how it does.

Yea, it was really wet here as well and I couldn't get any great throws but it reminded me of a Tensor with a tad less LSS.

wow that looks so much like an MD2... i wonder how much of a difference there is?

I've now had two days on the course with the MD3.

It feels just like the MD2 in the hand. Flys like a longer Wasp, stable but not overly stable. I haven't had a big head wind to throw it in to yet. It should be able to handle I good amount of wind with out it getting to flippy.

So let me get this straight:

MD1 currently.. stable but can still flip. I have an S and it throws like a San Marino Star roc, just doesn't feel like it in hand.
MD2 currently.. less stable than md1 but glides further, and will wear into a slightly understable. I have an S and it throws like buzz imo.
MD3 new .. more stable than md2 like md1? but then md1 will be turned into more of a mako/comet?

Now mix in P3 which will be an "almost mid" that is stable..
and don't forget the GM.. which most people do it seems, my s-gm flies a lot like the md2.. a bit less stable at hss with more fade at end. I like to put a bit of anny on it make a right to straight throw on 250ish holes.

Last edited:
Md2 is stable to overstable, i believe the md1 is less stable than that

Nah, if you look at the inbound chart, the MD1 has a pure 0 HSS, and 42% LSS, so it is slightly more overstable than the Shark which it is based off of. The MD2 has -7% HSS, and 35% LSS making it the most overstable of the Coyote/Mako/Lycan family but it is overall less stable, especially when glide is factored in.

i threw the glow md3 quite a bit and it has a touch more HSS than an md2. you ask why should i bother if it is just slightly different than an md2. i respond with LSS. the fade comes in sooner than an md2 or roc. it has less fade than a gator, but more than most other mids. some people might say wasp like.

It seems there is a lot of confusion about the MD1. To clear the air a tad-Current runs of MD1s are pretty bad and don't fly in any way consistently. From what I've been told by a discmania player they are going to retool them pretty soon and make them more consistent and straighter. Think fuse/mako like disc.

As for how the MD2 and MD3 compare to each other-The MD3 is pretty much a beadless wasp and the MD2 is a tiny bit faster, more stable buzzz. Almost like the perfect blend of a roc and a buzzz, which makes sense because, if I recall right, it is a roc top, coyote bottom.

the MD2's all fly differently depending on plastic, the P's are already a lot like Mako's so to me it wouldn't make since to retool the MD1 and only go that understable. hopefully they go more Fuse range with it and give more seperation.

can't wait to try out this MD3

My md3 are supposed to be delivered today. Hope these are what I've been looking for.

These should kick the roc3 out of my bag

Well it may be the same as the new flat md2s but I don't see that as a bad thing. It tells me a few things

1)It is definitely a play on the Roc3, Shark3, Mako3 which all share the new Roc3 top. So why not just turn it into its own disc if everyone wants it.
2)This gives us a distance way to find the "md2s" we want. Just buy an Md3!
3)The MD2 can go back to the domier and rounded verison, and I imagine they will try to make it fly more like the straight S-MD2s.

So yeah they basically pulled a fast one, but at least they didn't switch names to an inferior version of a disc. The flat MD2/MD3 definitely is a different disc from any other MD2 available, even the proto md2s

This is all just random conjecture on my part. But I think it makes sense. I have no sources but this thread

Gonna be pissed if these are the same as the flat md2. I have one of those in the bag and want a more overstable version

...but they've already ran a new batch of MD2's in jolly launcher plastic with a stock stamp that are flat...

would've made sense to make something in gator stability but in the larger md2 diamater so it has more glide.

Yeah I wish it was more beadless gator type but whatever

I am finding some joy in the fact that I know where to find the disc I WANT now. Might make your flat MD2s more collectible now.

I think they have had those flat md2s ready to go for a while. It just feels like they decided it flies like a different disc(because really it does), and they launched it as a new disc. The flat jolly launchers are basically a Buzzz, the domey ones are more of a QMS. There is a difference there.

Not the first time discmania has changed around molds. The MD2 might have more tweaks to it than the Roc already :clap: :D

Latest posts