• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Michigan Courses?

Cadillac course is up and running. The baskets are in and fairways are cut in, but tee locations are still being tweaked and final clearing/mowing hasn't happened yet.

It reminds me a lot of the original Mt Holiday course without the huge uphill hikes, just crammed into a much smaller area. So far, I'm pretty happy with it....there's challenge here beyond just trying to avoid trees.

I think I am playing Diggins Sunday afternoon before random draw dubs at Kenwood. My friend said the holes are similar to the R's at Kenwood.

Cadillac course is up and running. The baskets are in and fairways are cut in, but tee locations are still being tweaked and final clearing/mowing hasn't happened yet.

It reminds me a lot of the original Mt Holiday course without the huge uphill hikes, just crammed into a much smaller area. So far, I'm pretty happy with it....there's challenge here beyond just trying to avoid trees.

Sweet! I will have to come and play that with you.

There should be a new course going in at Mt McSauba in Charlevoix. The final course design has been approved, and the Parks & Rec Manager said they are waiting on funds (could be a grant request, I don't know).

The Air Zoo in Kalamazoo/Portage opened just over 2 months ago.

Thank you Air Zoo....You are a course that has the ability to attract some of the noobs that go to Oshtemo with flip flops and one disc/while intoxicated.

Hate to say it, but I am about to start posting flyers for the air zoo at Oshtemo. The noobs are coming out of the wood work, they suck, and have no disc golf ettiquette. They will either not let you through, or they are yelling "four" before you have even putted out.

The Tailings in Iron River in da Yoop will be in its first full year this year. Bruce is also working on some permanent short tees for all the noobs in the area because the course can be UNFORGIVING!

I played once already and it was great. Spring and Fall are defintely the best time to play.

Come play in the UP's Finest Tournament on July 16th! Non-PDGA, laid back, and full of friendly fun! You can camp within walking distance of the course and make your way out for night rounds with us too. Bruce and I will be there to keep things going and make sure all have a good time and some friendly competition.

Update {5/26/11}-

--2011 Installed Courses--
-Big Bend - White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park - Holt {18 Holes}
-Diggins Hill - Cadillac {18 Holes

--2011 Pending Courses--
-Mt. McSauba - Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park - Howell {18 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area - Bay City {18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock - Ionia {9-18 Holes}
-Washtenaw Community College - Ann Arbor {3-9 Holes}
-?New course for states? - Scottville {?18+ Holes?}
-Hubbell Elementary - Lake Linden {?}

Please let me know if i'm missing any, or if anyone here's about another new course.
(I didn't add Air Zoo to the list, because it says it was opened in 2010)

anyone check out that cubscout course yet?

btw anyone know of a mini course (with mini baskets) in michigan or anywhere near southeast michigan? i saw some videos and i know i'm missing out on that!

At least one new course in the Ludington area - Scottsville. To be ready at least by Labor Day since they plan on using it for States.

Think they are looking at another course up there but from what I hear the land is so perfect they are going to take their time on it.

Was with the guys after they scoped out the "new land" last year, and everyone was drooling. This, without a doubt, will make make West Michigan THE disc golf destination of the US.

anyone check out that cubscout course yet?......

I called up there today and talked to a guy named David. Asked him if the course was open to the public maybe for a fee? He said no. But then told me if I called back and scheduled an exact time and date he would probably be able to get me in.

Btw it's just 8 holes, but it looks like some nice terrain on google maps.

Last edited:
The Ira Twp Park course was to begin construction in July. Nine holes were planned. The property has some light woods, a small field and a winding creek along the eastern edge. If the land is dry enough they can bring in the heavy equipment to make solid fairways. They'll be bringing in fill dirt for the sledding hill construction as well as for the course.

Hopefully they can have it ready by this fall.

Update {6/4/11}-

--2011 Installed Courses--
-Big Bend - White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park - Holt {18 Holes}
-Diggins Hill - Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course) - Grayling {9 Holes}

--2011 Pending Courses--
-Riverside Park - Scottville {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba - Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park - Howell {18 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area - Bay City {18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock - Ionia {9-18 Holes}
-Ira Township Park - Ira {9 Holes}
-Hubbell Elementary - Lake Linden {9}
-Washtenaw Community College - Ann Arbor {3-9 Holes}

Please let me know if i'm missing any, or if anyone here's about another new course.

Baskets were installed at Big Bend Park in White Cloud yesterday.
Here is the description I will be posting here as a course review:

This is destined to be one of the "must play" courses in Michigan. Defining features of this heavily-wooded, tight course, situated between two campgrounds on the Muskegon River just north of the Hardy dam include: two distinctly different courses (blue tees at nearly 6,000', red tees at 4,000')--each equally challenging and fun to play, a design that allows for campers at either location to play nine back to their starting location, restrooms and vending conveniently located on each 9-hole swing, downright scary tournament pin placements on bluffs dropping off to the river, and a signature hole featuring a 726' straight gradually uphill fairway flanked by towering pines.

Pending- 8 hole addition to Ponds at Lakeshore
Possible pending- 9 holes addition to Rolling Hills
Rumored (to me) but may be official- 9 hole addition to Stoney Creek

Washtenaw Community College is just deciding if they wish to go ahead with it or not, I already have it designed but it will need tweaked before installation. Please join http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742166972&sk=info#!/WCCDG and show support!

Stony Creek rumors...

I heard from the ticket booth guy that they're adding 3 holes to make 27 total. They will be moving a couple old holes around to make an optional 9 hole route.

They wanted to build another course but apparently the land was not suitable due to flooding/wetland issues.

A course on the south side of the parking lot would've been sweet. I could easily see them using the snowboard hill, woods, and the lower sledding hill to make another course. Too bad it won't happen this time around.

Last edited:
So is burchfield up and runjing to the public yet? I know they had a tourney there.last.month but I'm not sure if its up for good yet

Marion Twp is in and has been playable for a couple weeks now. Grand Opening is this Saturday from 11-2 I believe.

The "Hubbell Elementary" course you mention is indeed 9 holes and was officially opened last Sat. (6/11/11) after a community workday. It, for the moment, should be referred to as the Lake Linden-Hubbell course. It is in the Lake Linden park/campgrounds to the left as you enter. It is playable (many have come through already) but signage still needs to be put up and a few other things to finish it off but it's ready for all who want to try it out. If it goes over well, there is a possibility to expand it to 18 holes as there is definitely the space.

burchfield was open for a tourney earlier this year. it has since been closed.and will not be open untill CCR open or a few days before. everyone.who has played this course has said.it is one of the best they have played in michigan. so should be even better for the second grand opening

Latest posts