• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Michigan Courses?

Addison Oaks will be adding some temporary holes once the camping season is over. They'll be opening up some of the original holes pre-2002. Looking to add at least 3 (old 9-12 area before the swamp on #10, which was old #13).

Those were mostly open holes back then. They were taken out when they expanded the campgrounds.

Also, all 24 teepads are now concrete and are SWEET! Some are moved back a little but should get Addy a near 5-star rating with the difficulty upped a notch.

Addison Oaks will be adding some temporary holes once the camping season is over. They'll be opening up some of the original holes pre-2002. Looking to add at least 3 (old 9-12 area before the swamp on #10, which was old #13).

Those were mostly open holes back then. They were taken out when they expanded the campgrounds.....

Nice! Thats what I like to hear! I never played the course before the redesign. Are those 3 holes just wide open bombers through the middle of the campground area?

They weren't bombers to say back then but the land has been altered a bit in the past 10 yrs. I'm not sure exactly how these temps will be set up. I'm pretty sure there was 5 holes iin that area back then. A valley type (now filled in with dirt), another along the tree line, a slightly hilly hole along the road, then two more tree lined holes that head back toward the swamp hole. There might have been one more that ends by the tornado siren but it's been a long time.

Anyone have any news on the Scottsville course? I play in Ludington area often and would love to have another option this summer.

I just heard that about Addison Oaks adding those temp holes after camping season. I love that course, it will truly make it the toughest around.

Update {6/23/11}-

--2011 NEW COURSES--
-Big Bend- White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park- Holt {18 Holes}
-Diggins Hill- Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park- Howell {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course)- Grayling {9 Holes}
-Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC- Lake Linden {9 Holes}

--2011 PENDING COURSES--
-Riverside Park- Scottville {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9-18 Holes}
-Ira Township Park- Ira {9 Holes}
-Washtenaw Community College- Ann Arbor {3-9 Holes}

--COURSES PENDING EXTRA HOLES--
-Rolling Hills- {+9 Holes}
-The Ponds- {+8 Holes}
-Stony Creek- {+3-9 Holes}
-Addison Oaks- {+3-5 Holes}

If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.

Last I heard from the Calhouns, a change in college administration may have sidelined this course indefinitely. There's still some hope they'll eventually put it in, but its in limbo right now.

Also re: new holes at Rolling Hills, I've heard nothing about it, but would love to see it. The course gets crowded on league days, so anything to spread out the players will help anti-social casuals like me play faster.

At Stony Creek they have cleared out quite the path leading from Hole 12 to hole 21. Not quite sure what they have planned, it's cleaned out, but super tight in there.

One new course a month, that's how we roll in the dirty glove!! w00t!

Nice work 164*valk onr keeping this updated.

Heard from Schwass that final approval for Scottville be July 12, one day away from my B-day, and my name is Scott. Coincidence? I think not!! Sure are cuttin it close for states though!

I talked to the guys in charge of the new course going in in Bay City. They said they have all the money raised and the construction should begin very soon and that it will be playable by the fall. They also are planning to have a nice 833 ft bomb of a hole. Since the state park is right on the water, wind will be very interesting at this course. I am quite excited for it.

They also told me that besides the 18 hole course they are putting in a 9 hole youth course, a putting area, and a driving range (not sure what that all entails). They also are designing the 9 hole youth course so if you want you can add on another few holes by launching from certain tee pads to further baskets.

Update {7/16/11}-

--2011 NEW COURSES--
-Big Bend- White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park- Holt {18 Holes}
-Diggins Hill- Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park- Howell {18 Holes}
-Superior Pines- Grand Marais {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course)- Grayling {9 Holes}
-Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC- Lake Linden {9 Holes}

--2011 PENDING COURSES--
-Riverside Park- Scottville {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9-18 Holes}
-Ira Township Park- Ira {9 Holes}

--COURSES PENDING EXTRA HOLES--
-Rolling Hills- {+9 Holes}
-The Ponds- {+8 Holes}
-Stony Creek- {+3-9 Holes}
-Addison Oaks- {+3-5 Holes}

If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.

Seen on discgolfscene.com that there was a tournament Sunday 7/17/2011 to raise funds for Seymore lake (devils ridge) course repair and basket/hole one replacement. Has anyone been in Oxford to play there recently? It''s been about 3-4 years since I stopped going.

FINALLY, that place is getting some love.

Seen on discgolfscene.com that there was a tournament Sunday 7/17/2011 to raise funds for Seymore lake (devils ridge) course repair and basket/hole one replacement. Has anyone been in Oxford to play there recently? It''s been about 3-4 years since I stopped going.

FINALLY, that place is getting some love.

That's really good to hear! This is the course I pretty much learned to play on, but I never play there any more. Always pass by on the way to Addison and never feel temped to stop anymore.

Stopped by one time this year though and it wasn't lookin good. It sucks that hole #1 is gone and now you have to throw over the pond on your first toss of the round. The bridge is still out too. You can attempt it, but you might end up like this guy, lol--

The bridge was even worse than in the video last time I saw it. Would be really nice if they got around to fixing that. It's been a "ninja course" since around the first time I started going there.

Excited to hear that there are so many courses popping up in Michigan! I'll be moving to Mason, MI in late August (I've been called to be the pastor at All Saints Lutheran there) and I'm excited for all the courses within 20-25 minutes from Mason.

Mason has a 'frisbee golf' course which is piss poor though :(. Just a bunch of stakes that you 'hit' from another 'tee stake.'

Looking forward to playing Burchfield in Holt and the courses in Lansing/East Lansing :)

Excited to hear that there are so many courses popping up in Michigan! I'll be moving to Mason, MI in late August (I've been called to be the pastor at All Saints Lutheran there) and I'm excited for all the courses within 20-25 minutes from Mason.

Mason has a 'frisbee golf' course which is piss poor though :(. Just a bunch of stakes that you 'hit' from another 'tee stake.'

Looking forward to playing Burchfield in Holt and the courses in Lansing/East Lansing :)

About an hour from Mason is Hudson Mills, two great courses, and Independence Lake, one of, if not the best course I have played so far. They are definitely must-plays.

That's really good to hear! This is the course I pretty much learned to play on, but I never play there any more. Always pass by on the way to Addison and never feel temped to stop anymore.

Stopped by one time this year though and it wasn't lookin good. It sucks that hole #1 is gone and now you have to throw over the pond on your first toss of the round. The bridge is still out too. You can attempt it, but you might end up like this guy, lol--

The bridge was even worse than in the video last time I saw it. Would be really nice if they got around to fixing that. It's been a "ninja course" since around the first time I started going there.

The Oakland Press article read that a local retailer (sells discs too) organized this. Part of the funds were to rebuild the bridge this fall. Apparently, back in the day, someone tried taking their horse accross the pallet bridge and that was the beginning of the end.

Looking forward to checking it out next time I head out that way. I'm glad that they are doing something good for that course for once.

2nd what RTS said. Your not too far from a very nice complex in Hudson Mills and a solid course in Independence Lake. And locally, be sure to check out InFlight disc shop in East Lansing and [/QUOTE]"][URL="http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3565"]Sleepy Hollow[/URL] in Laingsburg. All the other courses in the Lansing area are pretty decent too.

Last edited:
The Oakland Press article read that a local retailer (sells discs too) organized this. Part of the funds were to rebuild the bridge this fall. Apparently, back in the day, someone tried taking their horse accross the pallet bridge and that was the beginning of the end.

Looking forward to checking it out next time I head out that way. I'm glad that they are doing something good for that course for once.

Nice. I just recently saw a flyer for that new American Disc Co store theyre talkin about. Ill have to go check it out and give them their props for getting involved!

About an hour from Mason is Hudson Mills, two great courses, and Independence Lake, one of, if not the best course I have played so far. They are definitely must-plays.

rolling hills needs more love. one of the few courses with lots of shade. and its not far from ann arbor.

some googling turns this up:
http://www.kettunencenter.org/recreation.html

Team sports:
Athletic field for softball, football or soccer
Basketball
Volleyball (sand court)
Horseshoes
Disc golf

http://www.kettunencenter.org/directions.html
14901 4H Drive
Tustin, MI 49688-9470

i'll keep lookin...