• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New PDGA Site Features

Todd Wiley

Double Eagle Member
Steve Ganz continues to improve PDGA.com.

New website feature added: Current members' upcoming events are now linked under their Player Info...

What else would you like to see added?

The PDGA site is pretty much as fast as other sites now. No delays when it was pounded by users during Worlds.

Yeah, the PDGA site has been much quicker to load in the past few months. I'm happy they finally fixed it. I like the "upcoming events" feature. I saw that a few days ago and thought it was cool.

Occasionally the site has errors when searching it through its search box. It would be nice to see this fixed.

I'dx like the site to be more user friendly. Having to go through several pages just to open a PDF is crazy.

What else would you like to see added?

Please fix the "disappearing ratings" issue. From the PDGA site FAQ:

"If you see the scores but don't see any ratings, it means the TD has sent the tournament report to PDGA HQ and the official scores are now posted. Once official scores are posted, any unofficial ratings disappear until the next official ratings are processed."

Event ratings seem to go through three phases on the PDGA web site:
  1. Unofficial scores with unoffical ratings
  2. Official scores with no ratings
  3. Official scores with official ratings
I think we can all agree that this process is at best befuddling to users. Once an event's ratings appear, they shouldn't disappear. I get that the ratings are unofficial for a time. So please show unofficial ratings in an italic font, or a light gray color, or mark them in some other way to show their unofficial-ness. Then, when the ratings are finalized, the font can be changed to a nice official black color.

Thank you.

date filter for advanced search on events page, doesn't make sense to have it on the regular page and not on advanced search page. Not a big deal but would be a small improvement.

"If you see the scores but don't see any ratings, it means the TD has sent the tournament report to PDGA HQ and the official scores are now posted. Once official scores are posted, any unofficial ratings disappear until the next official ratings are processed."

I think we can all agree that this process is at best befuddling to users. Once an event's ratings appear, they shouldn't disappear. I get that the ratings are unofficial for a time. So please show unofficial ratings in an italic font, or a light gray color, or mark them in some other way to show their unofficial-ness. Then, when the ratings are finalized, the font can be changed to a nice official black color.

Thank you.

QFE Please

Thank you.

QFE Please

These suggestions need to be sent to Steve G or to the pdga site.

I'd like to see where players are from.

Also, I'd like to see their twitter handles if they are on twitter.

I'd also like to put an end to 2 hour lunch breaks, but that's a different department.

Discwrangler - hover your mouse over the player's name on the scores page and you'll see where they are from. Ganz added that feature a few months back.

I think you should be able to see ratings from a person who may no longer be active with the PDGA. While they may no longer play, be alive or are now just too cheap, their participation is part of the history of the sport and should be shown.

Seeing ratings is specifically an active member benefit so that won't happen although perhaps deceased members rating history might eventually be displayed. For example, seeing Steady Ed's history is an occasional request. However, you can always see or figure out what round ratings they would have earned in any event by comparing their score with others and the ratings those players earned.

How about updating ratings as the scores are inputted instead of making everybody wait for an update... it's 2012 so there's no excuse for having to wait so long for an update.

Instant ratings won't happen for a variety of reasons. It's not the technology but several people factors. It's been covered in several threads before over the years.

Discwrangler - hover your mouse over the player's name on the scores page and you'll see where they are from. Ganz added that feature a few months back.

That's a great feature, nice job on the improvements PDGA, keep it up!