• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Pro Rhyno?

I just got 3 yellow 175's. I've only been playing for a year and have champ rhynos I throw at damn near everything inside of 225'. Love 'em. I was having trouble getting a good feel with the slick champ plastic this winter and was going to shell out some dough for a pro or se version off of the marketplace. I'm so pleased with these new pro's I ordered 3 more in case they don't run them again before mine wear out.

I finally got my second order of whites and yellows, and they are both similarly firm (white being slightly firmer) and flat. I was a little miffed at ordering more yellows than whites before seeing CRG's pics, but they'll definitely work well in the bag.

It's just a firmer R-Pro blend. There was mention of R-Pro Pigs that felt the same way as these were described. I imagine they'll be in stores soon...just with R-Pro stamps.

I putt with soft challenge, always have I'm money with in 35ft and in, but been look for a different putter for the 65 to 30 ft range cause my challenger turns over to much. So I bout a few of these rhynos and I tell you what I'm in love first day out nailed 2 long putts around 50 ft each hold a line like no other putter I have had. So for me im happy I gave it a try and the guys I play disc golf with 3 times a week asked how do I keep making those real long putts and all I say is you need a RHYNO. So since I have had them in the bag for 2 weeks now I have improved my short game and saved a ton of extra strokes already. So now I'm off to buy a few more for back ups. I have 2 yellow ones now 174g.

Can't wait for winter league at 8am tomorrow, bout to get my Rhyno on and I live in NY we got a fresh 10 inches of snow today it's gonna be a blast.

Here's my update after playing two rounds with these discs throwing them for almost all approach shots and all putts and doing some practice putting:

First, they're more overstable and have less glide than my 167 SE. No surprise there. The SE is probably about a 4-5/10 and in perfect condition. These are new. They have some nicks on them from the two rounds, but I don't anticipate them to change flight anytime soon and to be able to take a beating. They are less overstable than a new DX 170 Rhyno.

Second, they're heavier than I'm accustomed to for Rhynos. These are 174-175, so they're a little beefier than I'm used to. This is just an experience issue, I was missing putts with the (R-)Pros that I hit with my SE, likely because I wasn't putting as much oomph on it as I needed to.

Third, they fly very straight and slow with a good amount of fade. Not stupid amount, but a healthy amount. Very predictable flight, and you're not going to overthrow a shot with these like you could with a DX Teebird or Comet. I was getting them out to about 200'+ on my rusty post-winter throws. They also hit-and-sit like a Rhyno should.

Fourth, they might be my perfect putter as soon as I get the weight difference into my muscle memory. They are firm enough to bash the chains but have a tackiness to grab the chains. If you follow DGR's thoughts on a medium stiffness and medium grip putter is best for total basket area where a shot will go in, these might be perfect.

Last edited:
Thread bump now that summer is well over. How are people liking these? They're still available in the Factory Store, and Innova released Pigs in this plastic, too.

I've been very pleased, so much that I'm going to take my SE out and have these take over all putts, most (shorter) approaches, and overstable driving putter needs (Pure takes care of longer approaches and drives). They have a nice grip, nice flex, not too soft or firm and I feel like they stick to chains and poles better than my SE.

Ive got my first yellow one beat into perfection. I use it for straight tunnel shots that I need to end right (RHBH). I also have a pretty fresh Purple one in the bag and its the BEEF.
Edit: I throw these up to about 250..

Ive got my first yellow one beat into perfection. I use it for straight tunnel shots that I need to end right (RHBH). I also have a pretty fresh Purple one in the bag and its the BEEF.
Edit: I throw these up to about 250..
End Right on RHBH? Have you beat the fade out of it, and/or has it started to develop turn?

Yeah the yellow one I have in the bag is beat to Hell. I can throw in flat and it will ride straight then fade right at the end. Its pretty Puddle topped now. I got it when they did the fiust run of them or whatever just so you know how long Ive been throwing it.

Anyone thrown the Innova Factory Store's stiff Pro Rhynos? They have pink, purple, and red in the weights I'm looking at. I read through this thread but I'm wondering if they have changed in the last 3 years.
I'm trying to figure out how they compare to the DX Rhynos that I have now. Any info you can give on stiffness, grip and flight would be great.
Thanks in advance!

I'd like to know as well. Also I'm wondering if they have the same tendency to warp or arrive misshapen like the previous pros. It was like pro that would warp like DX when it struck trees.

This is probably out of line, but if you want a new replacement for Pro Rhyno, check out the RDG Scale

I was a big Rhyno fan prior to making these and the plastic is amazing, it features a thumb contour and they cycle just like a good Rhyno. They're also pancake flat and CHEAP.

PMed for more info
JCass definitely has more experience with Scales, but I will add my two cents. Flights are very similar between Rhynos and Scales. I think Rhynos have more distance potential, especially in DX. I also feel like Scales have a stronger fade compared to DX Rhynos. I played with both for a few months and in the end I went with Rhynos. And after a few months with Rhynos, I decided on DX. I went with Rhynos because of the hand feel. Rhynos are lower profile that suits me better since I throw BH and FH. What made the decision hard: great plastic, customer service, and supporting a small local company. RDG makes great products and you can't go wrong trying out their products. And with their customer service, I'm sure they could get you some blanks for you to put some great artwork on. :D

Scale is about the same stability as a champ Rhyno but with a better feel IMO. The Fosail is very KC Pro like and just great. If I bagged an OS disc in that speed range it would be the Scale.

The description of a stiff Pro is pretty spot on. It feels like a slightly waxy pro plastic that is stiffened up to a DX firmness. The waxy feel does wear off quickly. They seem more durable than DX and withstand small nicks and gouges better than DX but if you hit anything hard enough they will get a gouge. I haven't had any warp at all. As far as flight goes when new, the stability is the same as any Rhyno but they do break in pretty fast. I've had some DX break in fast and others that took forever to break in and I would put the stiff Pros somewhere in between. All in all I like them. I usually carry 3 Rhynos (all for drive/approach) so I have a spot for one in the bag but if your only looking to bag 1 I wouldn't recommend a stiff Pro as your only Rhyno. I don't use them to putt with so I can't comment on putting flight.