• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bag

Ranger bags are officially on notice. They could use a slight design change and quality upgrade.

I've seen several of the Team Prodigy pros with different colored bags. Hopefully, they'll have a full line out soon in all the colors.

They only show blue, grey, and black trim on their site, but I've seen light blue, green, and red in tourney videos recently.

Only bad this is that the back looks MUCH less padded than several other manufacturer's bags. Still, EPIC storage areas and hydration. (love my UPD insulated holders)

The production ones (for now) are only in blue, black, and grey. The bright colors were protos issued to team members early on. Beyond excited to get mine!! I'll post a full review once I get it.

I'd like to see the inside of the bag, and i guess a general video review of all the features, but it looks like something is in the bottom of the bag that raises the disc level

i can only assume prodigy will put out a product video of the bag on their youtube channel in the coming weeks or months.

I'd like to see the inside of the bag, and i guess a general video review of all the features, but it looks like something is in the bottom of the bag that raises the disc level

Then bottom of the main compartment has a padded rectangular piece that sits in it.

Got my bag in last night. Hadn't had a chance to play a round with it yet but I can tell you that it holds way more than my Grip (A-14 i believe). I carry 17 in the main compartment which is usually a bit tight in the grip but there is room for probably 5-7 more discs in the main compartment of the BP-1. Both outside and top putter pockets can hold 3 putters. I only carry 3 so i'll probably use the outside putter pocket for them and the top zippered for something else. The side compartments are very roomy with plenty of room for a hoodie and any other gear you need.

There are two insulated drink holders on the side which easily fit my 2 32oz Hydroflasks. There are a bunch of little compartments within the side pockets for keys, cellphone, whatever else. There are good solid "luggage feet" type rails on the bottom similar to the Grip. There is a umbrella sleeve in the side which I like. I didn't like having to mess with the straps on the umbrella holder on the grip. This one you'll be able to easily slide it in and out or leave it open with the base in the sleeve.

Shoulder straps have plenty of padding and were comfortable and adjustable in a couple of different spots. I think I'm really gonna like this bag! Once I get a few rounds in I'll post an update! At the price point of >$200 it is really a good buy!