• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] New putter, The PA3

That was my first thought.

Changing the game! By copying it!

*cough* PA4 *cough*.

The clozer is just a clutch with a bead. And the clutch is just a magnet clone.

The PA3 doesn't have the same "scooped" underside of the wing. That's why it looks more like a PA4 with a bead though.

i was talking with geisinger a little bit the other day and he says they are similar to wizards. probably means they are similar to kc aviars as well? i dunno, i don't know anything about aviars. anyway, he threw them and i'd have to say i agree at least based on the couple tosses i saw. they feel very very good in the hand. dangerously good. i've always liked prodigy's base plastic - the stiff, tacky stuff - not the gross, rubbery SE stuff.

i will be buying one and auditioning it against my wizards.

i was talking with geisinger a little bit the other day and he says they are similar to wizards. probably means they are similar to kc aviars as well? i dunno, i don't know anything about aviars. anyway, he threw them and i'd have to say i agree at least based on the couple tosses i saw. they feel very very good in the hand. dangerously good. i've always liked prodigy's base plastic - the stiff, tacky stuff - not the gross, rubbery SE stuff.

i will be buying one and auditioning it against my wizards.

And I can't wait for it to lose to said Wizards ;)
The video of Shoe throwing it makes it appear a little straighter than a wiz.
While I do like 300s, I found it a lot harder to hoard than gateway putters.

Big Jerm had some of these in his trunk last weekend and he felt that these putt like stiff challengers. Similar to a PA1 that he beat the bead down on with repeated skip shots. No input on how they flew for him off the tee but the plastic was fantastic feeling. Stiff but with enough tack that it wasn't too slick and only enough give to get your thumb down into the flight plate.

Was lucky enough to play a round with Phil Arthur and a couple Prodigy warehouse guys last week and they all had a couple PA3 testers. Got to handle one, but didn't get to throw it. Watched Phil and one of the Pro guys that works for him throw & putt. These guys have been throwing them for a couple weeks now.

-Feels just like 300, but stiffer. Similar to the first batch of 300s. It does wear in like 300; saw a few dents and bends on a buddy's PA3 that had seen a few trees already. This is incredible plastic.

-Looks like a PA2/PA4 blend with a bead. Some are describing it as a PA4 with a bead, but they developed this disc separately;it's not just a PA4 they slapped a bead on. The top is flatter than a PA4, but not as shallow as a PA2. The bead is minor, but enough to give that feel that people like in a beaded putter. I putt with a Judge, and the Judge's dimensions are slightly bigger all around. (Phil even asked to see my Judge to check it out. I'm guessing he hadn't really gotten out to handle all the beaded putters available.) I have a smaller hand so these will fit better than my Judges currently do.

-It flight straight as an arrow. The guys tossed them when they needed a straight flight & finish shot near the basket. Didn't see any drives, but they all said it flight super straight very easily. Slower arms will see a slight fade.

-Putts similar to a Judge, as it's a neutral flight with minimal fade. It's not as OS as, say, a KC Pro Aviar.

Overall, this disc hits the mark for a Neutral-Beaded putter. It's not Overstable; Stable to More-Stable. I'm guessing when the 400 plastic hits with this disc it will fly a little more stable but still not as OS as the PA1.

I will be picking a couple up once they become fully available and I can pick my weights.

I'll be very interested to try mine once it gets here. My PA1s have been money, but I found I was very very accurate putting with PA4s because of how straight they were. The only reason I don't putt with them is that I live in OK and they just don't handle the wind at all. As long as the PA3 is stable enough to not turn while putting in the wind, this may be perfect.

I got mine today. It's shallower than I expected. The flight plate dips in like a Yeti. I threw a couple putts with them and liked what I saw. I typically use a Wizard or KC Aviar. It is very straight on putts, even when released on a hyzer. It cut through a head wind well enough, when released flat. The grip is nice, and the plastic is plenty firm. Not sure if they're gonna be my main putters, but I think this is their best putter so far.

Ps. I have a feeling Oklahoma winds might beat this thing up. Very neutral stability wise. Keep your PA1's on hand.

Ps. I have a feeling Oklahoma winds might beat this thing up. Very neutral stability wise. Keep your PA1's on hand.

Hopefully I'll get mine today and can test it out. We should have strong winds for the next week.

Generally speaking, as long as a disc has a bit of hss I can still put with it in our wind as I don't put terribly hard given my pitch putting style. The PA4 is the first putter I've putted with in a while that I actually turned over just while putting, but I do tend to use more stable putters generally (Wizard, Judge, Challenger, Aviar all being in the bag at some point before the PA1 made it in).

Just got my Pa3. LOVE the feel of the 350g plastic. Definitely more stiff and solid than the regular 300s plastic. Much shallower than I thought it would be, but it fits really nice in my hand. Feels just like my old KC aviar did.

I threw it just a couple times in the field today to test and it was pretty stable. Hyzer flipped it into a head wind and it went straight as an arrow. I plan on doing a lot more field testing tomorrow. Ill report back after that.

Pics are compared to my 400s Pa4.

Attachments

• 20140428_181428.jpg
    20140428_181428.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 20140428_182240.jpg
    20140428_182240.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20140428_181641.jpg
    20140428_181641.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 92
the bead seems pretty large! looking at the pic of the KC and the PA3 it almost looks like the shoulders of the two discs are pretty similar, but the pa3 is obviously flatter/concave.

ill probably pick a few up to test out.

Latest posts