• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] New putter, The PA3

I love Pa3 but 350g plastic is too weak.

Here's a pic of my putter. My put hit a screw that holds number plate in the basket.

Attachments

• WP_20140511.jpg
    WP_20140511.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 167
Uhh you threw it into a screw (im assuming the head?) thats going to dent most base and mid grade plastics...

Picked up a couple of 173g (red and light blue) PA3s when they were on the Disc Nation special. Finally got a chance to try them out today and I like what I've seen so far. I've pretty much always been an Aviar guy and never felt much need to change, but it never hurts to try something new. They don't measure much smaller but they definitely feel smaller in hand then my Aviars. Here's a side by side with the Yeit Aviar on the left and PA3 on the right.
jtkNvDzs.jpg

On the tee and on the upshots, I'm going to stick with my KCs and Yetis, as my fingers feel a little cramped when I grip for these shots. On the putts, however, these have everything I like in a putter. The plastic feels great in hand, especially how firm it is without being too slick, and it's easy to put on a nice straight line even with a little wind. I could see where people may have durability issues with this plastic, but I don't see it being any worse then many of the pro-like plastics, and since I'll likely only ever use it inside putting range, damage should be minimal. I'll give them a chance in my bag for a while and see how things go.

I love Pa3 but 350g plastic is too weak.

Here's a pic of my putter. My put hit a screw that holds number plate in the basket.

now it will putt straighter gotta love a broken in putter

I really like this mold. It feels like a squashed KC Aviar for the most part. Flies nice and straight with a little bit of hyzer on the end of it. Very easy to throw on 250-280 ropes. The plastic does feel good and I am sure will ding up the more I throw it, but hey...it's baseline plastic and is supposed to ding up.

To the haters out there questioning this plastics durability, I have seen KC Aviars and Wizards chunk up just like some of the pic's that people have posted.

Baseline plastic != Durability.

Pictures fresh off the boat

Just got my PA3s in the door. Since I couldn't find a lot of profile pictures of this new putter I figured I would put some up. Haven't throw it yet, other than some short putting into pillows. Really, Really, like the feel of the plastic. It is just a tad harder than my purple KC pro Aviar but not as hard as my Green ProD Focus. That's all I can say for now, once I throw them later today I will know more.

Profile Comparisons The three disc I am using for comparison are a purple KC Pro Aviar, green ProD Focus, and an old white Evolution Pro Line Wizard.
KC-Aviar vs PA3
Wizard vs PA3
Focus vs PA3

This last one shows the height difference of a KC Aviar to the PA3.
Height Difference - PA3 to KC Aviar

After having playing three putter only rounds with the PA3 I can say it is a good throwing putter. I would almost say it should be called the A3, as it is a good flyer when thrown for drives and approaches. It is the best driving and hard throwing putter I have throw and it will go in my bag for that. I think this is do mainly in part to it being thinner than other putters. I would say this is a cross between a putter and mid-range.

As a putter it doesn't do so well. The lack of inside depth and very little radius on the top make it want to fly flat. Most people a know, that are good putters, putt with the disc nose up so it gets float. I am a push putter and find I have to put more energy into the disc to get it to go the same distance as my other putters.

really liking my pa3's... if anyone wants to get rid of theirs send me a pm.

Anyone else who is interested.. i suggest you go out and try it. The Pa3 easily replaced the judge for me.

Necro bump

Been a pretty avid non beaded putter guy the last couple years, was putting with pa1s and the notch thing wasnt an issue.
Recently decided id like a bit more glide but with reasonable stability. Decided to try the pa3 after awhile, i messed around with a friend of mines putters and the feel was nice. Bead wasnt really an issue in the hand, but didnt have enough practice with them to make the switch.
Finally swapped them in to putt with for the day, they felt great and flew how i was hoping.

I am not a fan of having a million molds and i carry quite a few putters for throwing, so im gonna grab a couple more in the 300 plastic and see how they fly, but atm im impressed and i really like them