• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Salient Ember shows the Catalyst its tailights

oh gawd I got ripped off on my C14!!! :rageallaroundsmiley:

this will definitely be the time where Salient gets my money. :|

Thanks for the support guys. I think this will be a great option for people looking for a solidly built medium sized bag at a good price point.

I think the biggest thing though, is they are not making you purchase a separate rainfly.

I've said before, but I've had two full size Grip Bags (L and A Series) and never pulled out the rain fly once. And I play in the rain and snow.

Certainly wasn't a deal breaker when I bought my C14.

I think the biggest thing though, is they are not making you purchase a separate rainfly.

I don't know. My C14 came with straps attached and everything. That's a pretty big deal to me.

And I think a quality product that doesn't fall apart should be more important than whether or not it can repel water.

The Catalyst problems happened in the past and judging from their latest releases, seem to have been left there. I guess it's fun to keep revisiting history though.

Glad you were willing to take a shot with Grip though. I would've been worried about having to wait nine months for the earliest bags that had quality issues. :thmbup:

I don't know. My C14 came with straps attached and everything. That's a pretty big deal to me.

And I think a quality product that doesn't fall apart should be more important than whether or not it can repel water.

Good for you.

I'm sorry to have engaged someone holding a grudge.

I had originally mentioned the Ember having two handles but noticed an earlier post about there only being the one on the straps. Will the plastic handle on top in the pictures be gone on the production models?

This will be my first backpack bag. I was leaning towards the Simian, but the price point on this combined with not having to wait the extra time for the Simian has me sold. If the early reviews turn out good, I'll be getting one ASAP. I love that this design looks rugged and sophisticated. It doesn't just look like a nice disc golf bag, it looks like a real quality piece of equipment. Really excited, nice job guys.

I'm sorry to have engaged someone holding a grudge. I had originally mentioned the Ember having two handles but noticed an earlier post about there only being the one on the straps. Will the plastic handle on top in the pictures be gone on the production models?

The bag will be as pictured. We decided to keep the handle as every Physical Flight and Salient bag except helix has had that handle and it makes it an easy grab and saves on 6 inches of bending down to grab your bag.

those handles work perfect for luggage carts too :D its the one issue with the helix where there is nothing on the top to secure it for me.

#pullcartproblems

Oooooooooh.+Me+likey+continuous+development.+So+do+people+actually+die+_291104f86d910f2412340e1a31a8e44b.jpg

Last edited:
This will be my first backpack bag. I was leaning towards the Simian, but the price point on this combined with not having to wait the extra time for the Simian has me sold. If the early reviews turn out good, I'll be getting one ASAP. I love that this design looks rugged and sophisticated. It doesn't just look like a nice disc golf bag, it looks like a real quality piece of equipment. Really excited, nice job guys.

Thanks for the kind words. We hope once you see the reviews come out that you will jump at purchasing an Ember.

Not to fond of the solid color material on there

yeah im with you shroomy .. or atleast in the pic.. it may look better under better lighting .. i could say maybe brown, green, black or something but that blue just looks a bit odd .. love the bag itself though :hfive:

I like it. Is the camo 1000d or the same stuff that was on the Contenders?

On their facebook page it says the camo is 600D, and the black is 1000D. So a mixture of both if you get the digicamo version, which I like better anyways.

Having owned Rangers bags, they do just fine, I don't really need ballistic material for my play. I don't go into foxholes or army crawl through barbed wire.

Latest posts