• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Salient Ember shows the Catalyst its tailights

Looks pretty nice. Wish the valuables doubled as a putter pocket though. I've already recommended to my friends who think a grip is a rip off.

I think the camo would look better if the go get it panel were black though.

Looks pretty nice. Wish the valuables doubled as a putter pocket though. I've already recommended to my friends who think a grip is a rip off.

I think the camo would look better if the go get it panel were black though.

Thanks for the kind words OB. We avoided the valuables pockets as a putter pocket because we wanted to make it different from Helix. Plus it is intended to hold less plastic. I think it will fit the medium bag market nicely.

if there were a preorder special for this bag, i'ld be hard pressed not to get one.

Could you speak to the "Patented Rain Fly" Just what is different/special.

We left the top handle on the Ember so in order for the top handle to be usable with the rain fly attached we have designed a cutout for the handle to go through thus making the handle usable while the rain fly is attached.

Looks good. How long is the presale going?

Anyword on shipping times? I understand that these things take time, and would prefer the bags to be correct than quick. Just curious...

Anyword on shipping times? I understand that these things take time, and would prefer the bags to be correct than quick. Just curious...

Both Spark and Ember are being manufactured at the same time and we expect both to be completed before Christmas. However with transit and freight we do not expect to have them ready to ship in time to make it for the holidays which is part of the reason we set a general winter release date. With that said we will most likely air freight a quantity with no added cost to the customer into the U.S. in hopes of having them to some customers before Christmas. Hope this answers amy questions and happy holidays.

Salient Ember

My parents informed me last night during our mixed New Years / late Christmas celebration (they were in Chicago with my brother during actual Christmas) that they had ordered the black / camo bag for me, and then driven themselves crazy trying to get a response from (probably Hilary) about when the bag was coming.

I apologize, I should have told them that it was a preorder and the bags wouldn't be in the country until January.

Anyway, very much looking forward the bag delivery in the latter part of January, and I will follow up with my review of the bag then.

We just got the following notification:

Hello and happy new year. I'm not sure if you are aware but a unionized
labor strike has affected ports into the U.S., causing a delay in some
shipments. For those that ordered an Ember we will be offering our more
expensive Helix bag that retails for $210 and lifetime warranty in place of
the Ember if you would like a bag sent ASAP. We have red, blue, grey colors
that are ready to ship. Please reply back if you ordered an Ember and
confirm you would like a Helix bag instead (same bag just in a bigger
footprint) and we will ship it out ASAP. If you would like to wait for Ember
we expect release later this month once the labor strikes cease and we will
ship as soon as they arrive at our loading dock.

Thank you for your understanding that some things are out of control and
this information was just communicated to us with our logistics company.

I decided to wait; I think the Helix is too much bag for me, and I've only got 15 discs. I'd rattle around in one of those. But just so people are aware...

I wish we could have seen a labor strike coming or prepared for it in some way but that is just out of our control which I am hoping people who pre ordered will understand. I am glad you went for the upgrade Jlewis as it is a great options if you carry that amount of plastic or at some point you think you will.

Phule77 I am sorry that you now have to wait a little bit longer. Hopefully the guys at the port get the strike figured out so we can get your bag to you.

Eh, nothing to apologize for, these things happen. You couldn't have known it was going to happen.

If everything I've seen on these bags is true, then they're worth the wait.

Latest posts