• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Hey all,
Newbie here from Kansas. My brother-in-laws got me into this stinking addicting game, now I can't quit losing discs in the field next to the house. I'm here lurking trying to figure out how to throw my XL past 225', since the 175g Groove my brother-in-law got me is shorter than my putter. . . I'll potentially post nooblike questions now and then (after I use the search function). Please bear with me.
Cheers! :D
RED

I'm Lamp, people seem to like me because I'm polite and I'm rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me I have an IQ of 48, and I'm what some people call, mentally retarted.

But in all seriousness, I am an almost-everyday-disc-golfer from the Milwaukee area. I've been discing for about two years now and came here to learn more about the sport and also to help others with advice. That previous sentence was actually a lie, I came here because Booter is a moderator and I respect him.
To conclude, I dislike timg of DiscGolfCourseReview.

Iowa disc golfer here.

I've been playing for 6 years or so. Started out throwing sidearm in high school since everyone I knew threw side arm. I stumbled across DGR at some point and was thrilled to find such in depth articles. Convinced myself to learn backhand and studied Blake's articles obsessively.

At this point, I play a 3-5 times a week. Most of the time at the local course, which is Pickard Park (near Des Moines, IA). It's used as a course for the First Class Challenge an A-Tier event that some of you may be familiar with. I'm throwing 425-450 max D but struggle a lot with consistency and clean releases (I grip lock and tend to release at a late angle; sometimes at the same time!).

Hoping to get some videos posted to maybe get some help identifying the problem.

You seem like a knowledgeable guy about DG so you're a valuable addition to the crew :) How far off your left and right pec do you pull the disc in inches? Do you pull from the left side of the teepad far off the body in the reach back to close to the right pec and then right of the right side in the hit? All of those can wreak havoc.

JR said:
You seem like a knowledgeable guy about DG so you're a valuable addition to the crew :) How far off your left and right pec do you pull the disc in inches? Do you pull from the left side of the teepad far off the body in the reach back to close to the right pec and then right of the right side in the hit? All of those can wreak havoc.
Just standing in my living room and reaching back - the inside edge of the disc is about 2 inches from my chest and stays about the same during the pull through.

Of course, what I do in my living room, and what I actually do on the course could be entirely different. I'll try to get a video up...

Hello boby12, I look forward friendship to also, basketball is like disc golf, but more balls, and more net, much less chain having.

Noooo.jpg

I guess I technically didn't introduce myself... My name is Shannon and I play around the North Chicago area. I have played a couple of courses in Michigan that were really amazing! I started discing this Summer. I throw a Roadrunner and a Boss as my main drivers, a Teebird too for a fairway (but I drive with it all the time). I use a Roc for my midrange and is there any other putter besides an Aviar? didn't think so... that's what I use :) I love the game and I love to compete! Any North chicago discers looking to get whooped by a girl, just let me know!

I'm new to the site and the sport in general, I have one buddy who got me into it but always looking to play with other people in the Northern Illinois area.

hi im from rockford and i usally play on saturdays at Pioneer Park in kirkland here is a link http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1692

Hey, I am Ashley. I have been playing for about 9 years now. I haven't played a pdga tourney in about 5, but I have still been playing. I am looking to return to tournament play next year. I will be playing Open women when available and Int Men when not.

I can throw a country mile,(not really) but have been trying to read up on everything here, and have been working a lot on my putting game as of late. I feel that my approach game is the strongest part of my game.

Hi, I am new here. I like long walks through the park, Jack Daniels and the Texas Longhorns. I play mostly in Cypress TX at Oak Meadow but I also play @ Ford Park in Shreveport LA and Acadiana Park in Lafayette LA when I travel. I have been playing for 3 months and it has been great so far.

Hello All, I'm Gunnar, I'm from Idaho, I'm still pretty new to Disc Golf, I've been playing about 2 months now. Absolutely love it though.

I work for Scentsy, as a Warehouse Technician. I love my job.

Some of my interests include Seahawks Football, Boise State Broncos, Cars, and Movies based on True Events.

I must admit, in the short time I've been a member of this site, I've already improved my game substantially, I can't wait to familiarize myself with some more of your luscious guides, and amazing members!