• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Hey Gang,
It is I... Jerry from a little town called Fort Wayne Indiana (AKA Fort Fun!)... I live 3 blocks from one of the disc golf courses in town and want to give it all a go... So I will be lurking around and will try not to sound too stupid when I post something... :shock:

Respect

~ Jerry

bbpmdj said:
Hey Gang,
It is I... Jerry from a little town called Fort Wayne Indiana (AKA Fort Fun!)... I live 3 blocks from one of the disc golf courses in town and want to give it all a go... So I will be lurking around and will try not to sound too stupid when I post something... :shock:

Respect

~ Jerry
Welcome aboard Jerry. You've come to the right place to advance your game and the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

What's up fellas,

My name is Chris, I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I've been on DGCR for a couple years under the same name, I keep out of the bullshit and really just use the marketplace over there. I've been reading over here for a couple days and like the more adult atmosphere.

I've been playing DG for 8ish years (4 years competitively). I collect OOP rhynos.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers.

Hello everyone, my name is Dylan representing the women disc golfers. I am from Michigan. Started discing 2 years ago, but stopped after 6 months as I moved somewhere that didn't have any courses nearby. Now that I am back, I am starting to get back to throwing more. So it feels a lot like starting over again.

Welcome we have some female players here so you can get some feminine perspective here too but we guys are glad to help as long as you can interpret dude :)

Thrembo arriving.

I love the friendly rivalry between DGR and DGCR. 'Wanted to see how the other half lives!

Does this place have a prerube fan club?

Thats a joke son! Thanks for the welcome!

Hi, everyone. I have been golfing my brains out and just started a blog http://dgolfing.com/?p=12
check it out. there is an article on the psychology of disc golf that is almost worth reading

Hey everyone, my name is Lori and I'm from Wilmington, NC. I've been playing now for roughly 8 months and love it. There are several courses near me, and several surrounding where I live as well so I'm lucky. I usually go to Castle Hayne Park and play there since it's the closest to me. :]

Hi Lori and welcome. The Carolinas are one of disc golf Meccas thanks to the numbers and quality of the courses so you're indeed lucky.

Hi all, Mike from Chicago here. Been playing since 2003. Was pretty seriously into competitve play around 2005-2009, playing 20-30 tournaments a year and running a local doubles league. Kinda fell out of the game and only played once ever 6 weeks or so since then, but just registered for my first tourney in 3 years. Excited to get back into it and probably shooting around a 930ish level since my putting is rusty.

JR said:
Welcome you must have been pretty good if playing so little leaves you expecting a 930 rating. Good luck.

I drove up to milwaukee on Monday, shot a 62 at Brown Deer and the course was in the same setup as the Brown Deer Open a couple days earlier. 62 would have been good for a 939 in round 1 or a 925 in round 2. Considering it was my first time playing the course and I hadn't practiced in months, I felt pretty good about it. I was 940-something rated the last time my PDGA membership was current and had cashed in a handful of Adv tournaments. Never challenged for the lead card in Adv though.

What's up everyone? New guy here from Kansas. Been playing for a while now. Not anything close to good haha. I just play for fun and figured I'd join, always up for learning.

Welcome. Are you at the point in your career that you know what the best wind beating discs are? I'v heard that around your parts winds can be pretty rough.

Hello all, I know I've posted and started threads before this but I figured I'd introduce myself a little more generally here. Currently getting back into disc golf after a four year hiatus where I was playing Ultimate a lot. I've been learning a lot of great stuff here and hopefully more is to come! I'm heading out to the Coggshall and Devens courses in Massachusetts this Friday, so hopefully I have some good news about my round numbers and how my discs fare!

I was just wondering if there were any good resources here or elsewhere explaining right-turning discs. I've never had a disc (including my Roadrunner) that wanted to turn right. Thanks in advance!