• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New video uploaded

Good idea. DGCR has some links too in the FAQ was it, but everything in Youtube account mfranssila is good for seeing how the big boys can do it. Not saying that it would be the longest way for those of us that lack the power of the Jenks. Chris Woj was the guy flicking indoors. More distance now is the Discraft vid with Marty Peters giving tips and illustrating hyper spin although he never used those words and it too is at the Toboggan course and i think you meant the other vid with more team Discraft members on it. Bradley has his videos on Youtube in the account citysmasher1

Chris Woj, if you say so, I think you said he was a DGRer. It was how low he got and his hip turn that came to mind when you commented on my nose up throws. I'm trying to have quicker feet, more reachback, and lower my center of gravity right now. Discs are coming off flater and with more accuracy but I'm trying not to change too much as there are several tourneys I'm playing the next few weeks. I like to watch the top pros play the game like watching Rory Mcilroy drive a golf ball well over 300 yards but I get more watching the pros teach to my level or getting short cut advice like reading Jack's Golf My Way.

Regarding DGCR, its so busy over there and some of the "guys" I've read well... thats for another off-topic thread. I guess I haven't explored any of what DGCR has to offer a rookie like me. I've read a fair amount here but its enough to know that I haven't explored all DGR has to offer either.

Master, please teach me your kung fu. I'd like to start playing for money instead of more plastic I don't need. Respectfully, Grasshopper

If you want to look for masters go no farther than blake_t here :) You should check out if you can get clinics from old tymers like the first generation of disc golfers and current top guns.

Chriswoj is a DGR member.

More work on this. It's real... ContemPlating the follow up.

Btw my footwork needs lots of work. Totally had to change to get into the correct position. Static throwing is easy, run up requires a total rework. Progressing!!!

JR said:
What do you think of the shoulders on this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/sportdisc?blend=7&ob=5#p/u/0/bMC6OYzb3oY

What a great vid... I stand by my assertions..

Guys with bigger chests may have to be more closed since they need to clear more room for the path of the arm...

I see dions throw as a great example of a well timed shoulder opening. He gets a near-perfect translation of power from his hip opening and shoulder rotation. Imo, that is why his throw looks so effortless.

Whiz said:
I see dions throw as a great example of a well timed shoulder opening. He gets a near-perfect translation of power from his hip opening and shoulder rotation. Imo, that is why his throw looks so effortless.

I'd have a better chance of getting into the following position than mastering Dion's form if I worked at it everyday for the next five years. Let's see how he throws when he's a DG Master.

dionwannabe.jpg

Bradley Walker said:
JR said:
What do you think of the shoulders on this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/sportdisc?blend=7&ob=5#p/u/0/bMC6OYzb3oY

What a great vid... I stand by my assertions..

Guys with bigger chests may have to be more closed since they need to clear more room for the path of the arm...

That makes sense.

7ontheline said:
Whiz said:

I'd have a better chance of getting into the following position than mastering Dion's form if I worked at it everyday for the next five years. Let's see how he throws when he's a DG Master.

dionwannabe.jpg

Dion is already :) And a distance throwing world champion. You won't get there, if you don't know a lot. In sheer physical prowess i don't think anyone can challenge Avery.

My bad JR not Master of DG, which Dion clearly is, I meant DG Master as in 40 years old. Dion was born in 1987 and is flexible as Tiger Woods was at that age. In 2000 when Tiger was 24yrs old and could bend like a rubber band he was second only to John Daly in driving distance by three yards but still 10 yards longer than tied for 3rd David Love III and Phil Michelson. Now the bar has been raised and Tiger's fallen back to 55th in driving distance at the ripe old age of almost 36.

If I start working on my big roller I may have a chance to get him in Max D by the time he's of Masters age throwing those stupid spinning 360 annys. :roll: I'll shut up now.

7ontheline said:
My bad JR not Master of DG, which Dion clearly is, I meant DG Master as in 40 years old. Dion was born in 1987 and is flexible as Tiger Woods was at that age. In 2000 when Tiger was 24yrs old and could bend like a rubber band he was second only to John Daly in driving distance by three yards but still 10 yards longer than tied for 3rd David Love III and Phil Michelson. Now the bar has been raised and Tiger's fallen back to 55th in driving distance at the ripe old age of almost 36.

If I start working on my big roller I may have a chance to get him in Max D by the time he's of Masters age throwing those stupid spinning 360 annys. :roll: I'll shut up now.

Tiger hits it plenty far.. This is his problem, he has little man syndrome on the tee and swings too friggin hard all the time...

I just recently watched this video, along with the "snap" videos, hammer drill, and right pec drill. I have been struggling with my shots having a ton of wasted motion and energy. These videos brought everything together for me. For the first time, in a long time, my throws feel strong and powerful. I'm still adjusting my timing and release angles, but i'm really feeling the snap off my fingertips and the sling of the disc. Just want to say thanks to bradley, blake, and dan for their great videos and help.

Bradley Walker said:
Here is my new video.

Brad almost looks like Mr T in the caption image!

Anyways, I think this is another good drill. Every time I see a noob grip lock their throw, I tell them that they are throwing it well, but just to line up their body angled a bit to the left. Once the re-direct gets figured out (~100 practice throws), I find that they can throw a great deal better.

I agree Jhern, now if we could just get Brad to film downwind or inside and say this is golf club by the way and i pity the fool....comedy gold. Anyways I feel like this should be stickied to the first post of snap2009. Along with the combining concepts pictorial Blake revised with the hammer being moved slighty forward.

Latest posts