• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Westside Discs for 2013

Stag, Tursas, and Underworld stamps and descriptions. Just thought I'd put everything in a little album for ya (also posted on Reddit). I think the Tursas mold description is false on their site, though.

The VIP discs I've owned (I've owned all of them) seem more overstable than their numbers suggest. Their current discs are also really fast! I'm thinking the "control" part of the descriptions will mean not as fast? And since Underworld and Tursas are understable, they'll be great additions to their current discs. I'm excited!

This weekend Barsby said he didn't know of any proto types. Communication from WS to him isn't the greatest, and he doesn't frequent their site. OR he is keeping inside info to himself, doubt it.
I get the impression that he plays his drums and throws the discs the get delivered on his porch, and that's about the extent of it. My old man showed him a Swan at the very beginning of the year, and that was the first time he'd seen one. Regardless, I'm looking forward to these new discs.

Last edited:
Even as a new customer/fan, I have had the exact opposite experience with the company. I personally have had great contact with Westside's staff (especially their CEO). Not to mention that all the exciting info that anyone has about prototypes and Westside news that you say Barsby didn't have comes directly from their public website (why wouldn't he check out his sponsor's site?!). I mean, I just started playing disc golf a few months ago and have been using the Swan the entire time...

Last edited:
I want one that's actually in finnish. Having the only "manala" around would make me feel special.

Just checked the westside website and they have the numbers out for the new discs:

Westside Stag

Stable control driver to be released in 2013.
Speed 8, Glide 6, Turn 0, Fade 3.

Westside Underworld

Understable control driver to be released in 2013.
Speed 7, Glide 6, Turn -3, Fade 1.

Westside Tursas

Understable mid-range to be released in 2013.
Speed 5, Glide 5, Turn -3, Fade 1.

About time they put out what looks like amazing fairways and additional mid ranges. The numbers for the Stag look amazing and is what I'm most excited about.

The underworld could have a spot in the bag...kind of like a beat in river if the numbers are accurate. Kind of worries me tho if you put too much on it that it could turn into a roller...:\

Already have River, Vision an Diamond to fit this role. It has to be an absolute standout to get a place in the bag, which wouldn't surprise me being Westside.

I will be buying all three. I doubt they will replace my Eagle.Ascent.Trak.River fairway combo of DOMINATION but you never know! Love when companies come out with new discs! Of course, since the numbers of Westside discs are always high (specifically the speed) those all might be mid-ranges anyway...

I mostly interested in the tursas and stag but if the underworld flies like my flippy white GL rivers out of the box then I'd have to pick up a few of those as well. :D

My only hope is that they're not out to ape the River and Saint, but to offer something slightly different.

Kinda what I was thinking too. Something more along the lines of a TL would be nice for the understable control driver slot.

Since Latitude makes their molds, supplies their materials, and has quite a bit of say in what they put out I can assure you that this(discs to compete directly w/Lat's) is not going to happen.

Since my Fuse is sitting in the bottom of pond I will pick up a Tursas. Will just use my Comet in the meantime.

Based on the numbers I will get a Stag too, but it needs to legitimately have that LSS of 3 otherwise it won't get any play over the Saint.

Don't need any more understable drivers in the bag so unfortunately the Underworld is not appealing

Two new items from Westside for 2013:

Standard Bag - 13-15 disc capacity plus the putter pocket. No pictures available yet (boo!) but I'm somewhat interested in seeing what kind of quality and price point this bag will have.

http://www.westside.fi/accessory/standardbag

And then the Black Basket:

http://www.westside.fi/accessory/blackbasket

large_1.jpg

Seems like this one (unlike Latitude's baskets) might be bound for the States, as they list a U.S. barcode. Apparently this is going to be a moderately price basket, but I'd love to know what that price point will be.

Underworld = Best stamp of any disc, ever. Period. Exclamation point!