• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Nikko's three disc bag idea

Great advice guys.
Giving new players Thunderbirds and Resistors. That will definitely help them out.

No wrong answers, here. I did ask what the poster would carry, not necessarily what the poster would recommend for new players.

You said it in the context of Nikko's recommendation for newer players.

Also this is a great idea for a thread.

Never been done before.

I would go with a Champ Boss for putts, a Z Nuke for mid-range shots and a z Nuke OS for my drives.

I was just answering for my personal 3 disc bag. But if I was building one for a beginner, it would be:
1 x Discmania P1X or whatever putter feels right
1 x MVP Vector: windy days, overstable drives, also a great go-to midrange driver as the player improves
1x MVP Axis: max distance, go-to disc, also useful for line holding as it ages and the player improves

Never been done before.

LOL. After a while, you stop worrying about repeat threads. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. :D

Also, it's not like the concept is Nikko's idea. A little company called "Innova" has been offering a 3 disc pack to new players for a while now.

Never been done before.

LOL. After a while, you stop worrying about repeat threads. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. :D

Yeah that used to bug me too. Now I kind of enjoy looking back over threads. Some folks change their answers, and some just keep posting the same 3 discs. At least I can look back and see what I said a year ago, and then 6 months ago, and then 2 months ago. It helps me track what I threw.

In this case, Nikko gave some specific choices: putter, mid/fairway, and distance driver. So I'll say RFF Wizard, Star Teebird, and Star Beast.

I'm pretty sure the last time this came up I said Envy, Theory, Crave. I stand by that selection still, and have used just those 3 many times on a 9 hole course near my job.

My answer is usually Ion, Axis, and a driver of some sort. But if I want to score well, I need at least 2 drivers. Heck, I'd probably score better with 3 drivers and nothing else.

Mako3 - Midrange
Axiom Theory - Midrange
Voodoo - Putter

Depending on the strength of the player would have some difference on discs. What i have listed above has been perfect for my girlfriend so far and increased her distance by using the Theory by 2-3x

Don't throw a DD,so I have to fudge on this one a bit.

Amp-Tangent-Anode. Plastics and weights will change depending on conditions, but those are my current go to's.

LOL. After a while, you stop worrying about repeat threads. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.

Im sure that's why prerube doesn't prerube anymore. He's prerubed out...

Edit* In fact I wonder what I said last time and the time before that?

A nice and leathery dx xd.

Emac truth in biofuzion.

A fresh Valk or a moderately beat wraith.

Same three I used in the last thread

Yeti Aviar
DX Roc
Star Eagle-X

I actually play three disc rounds all the time with these.

Having pondered this for an additional 90 seconds, here is my question. Why would anyone suggest any driver for a beginner? Just to show how hard this sport can be?

As a rank beginner, drivers are what I aspire to, not what I throw, especially on the course. :confused:

My best scores have come from throwing two discs, a mid and a putter. YMMV

Last edited:

Latest posts