• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nobody throws it but me!

I also now throw a discraft Spectra, I haven't seen anyone else with one yet so that's pretty sweet. I bought it on a whim and I've enjoyed it so far we'll see how long that'll last, but it flies super straight for me with very little fade.

I loved my spectra til I lost it when I was discing drunk :(
It seemed no matter how hard I gunned it (FH) it would always fly straight :)

I am the only one I have ever seen that throws a JLS. It is my favorite fairway/short driver ever. It fits my hand perfectly and I can control its lines very well.

I use a Champ SL from 2006 Am Worlds. Can't find any more of them. The MRV makes it in my bag some times it is getting rarer. I use a cheetah often I have a really beat up one great for turn over shots.

#2 upshot...ive never tried the prostyle one, how does it compare to the regular plastic one?

ive seen these in stores and ive never even come close to buying one...then again lightning discs have never struck my eye....i really dont see how the company stays in business. their discs just look and feel like poo

i second the upshot...i have never run into anyone else on the course who uses them...we are a rare breed my friend!

3rd (or 4th?) for the upshot, have two of them infact.

how bout a #2 flyer? it's a lightning disc, big diameter, and i'd swear this thing starts going backwards it fades so hard at the end. but it's still great for short to mid shots where you've got to drop it in around a corner or behind a tree.

or the #2 slice? also a lightning, and it's my go-to anhyzer disc. i am looking to replace it with a sidewinder or somesuch when i have the cash though; or at least augment the Slice with something that flies longer.

i also carry a dga rogue and a gateway warlock, but don't toss them much...

I have a Puma which is my go-to mid range disc. I dont even see it listed any more.

I have a Puma which is my go-to mid range disc. I dont even see it listed any more.

I almost bought a Puma on ebay yesterday! I just didn't want to spend more than $12....did I make a mistake?

I use a shark for my midrange action and its totally my Go-to disc, no one in my group of players uses it they all use buzzz's (which Im getting used to as well)

I almost bought a Puma on ebay yesterday! I just didn't want to spend more than $12....did I make a mistake?

I think it is very similar to a Wolf, just the edge is a little different.

I play in Medina, OH most the time; which is somewhat technical but the groups I go with are never competetive. We mostly just go for our best personal scores; but every now and then, we get a new guy who sees me as an easy target to try to beat first as they see me go out and try to push my limits, and it often looks bad; so they try to get competetive with me.

Well, I will just back off and throw the Puma almost perfectly straight every time and usually by the 9th whole, they un-nerve that they are not going to catch me and make huge mistakes.

My Puma gets the special individual slot that is on the front of my bag. its too good to mix with the other common folk discs.

I've recently been using an Innova XD putter. Don't know anyone else using one of those right now

My wife throws a Star XD, CraigD throws XDs too.

I use the equivalent to the old ching sniper. I throw a Pro-Line Gremlin now, which is the innova line for the ching sniper. Same mold

Marshall St. has Pyramids 20 CFR Champ Gremlins...might wanna check it out.

Latest posts