• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nominate a 'World's Best Disc Golf Hole'

Mark R

Par Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
My vote: Mason County Park - Beast, Hole 1.

Honorable Mentions: Flip City 11 and 2A, Coyote Point Lake Casitas Holes 1 and 16, Hickory Hills 19, Oshtemo 12, Meyer Broadway North 18.

Attachments

• beast1.jpg
    beast1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 214
"The Beauty" at Brandywine. Great views of the nearby horse ranches and hills from the tee, reachable long downhill hole with a creek in front of the basket.

I'm assuming that you're asking for the most epic and awesome hole, based on your nomination. That being said, the best hole that I have played is not the most epic hole in the world. Based simply on course design, I really think that this hole is by far the best designed hole that I have played. Hole 16 at Elk Creek in Appamattox, VA. The short version is about a 450' par 4, plays uphill the whole way. Trouble on both sides of the fairway (woods right, downhill and creek left). And then a split fairway 2/3 of the way there. and it's extremely downhill after that. The long version is about 700', and plays down the left fairway, and way past it. Nice downhill, then a severe uphill. It's just an awesome hole, and still a little epic.

Beginning of the hole
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/784/96efe3c6.jpg

Looking from halfway down the fairway to the tee.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/784/94eddd41.jpg

Sorry there are no pics of the baskets/putting area, but if you played the hole, you know it's a great hole.

Last edited:
The Stafford Lake hole seems like a nominee, for sure. Both it and DeLa are on my list for my next Cali trip. North Carolina seems like a terrific disc golf state!

Tee for Hole 9 at Patoka Lake
ece91f78.jpg

Basket for Hole 9 at Patoka Lake
357b8f00.jpg

It's a wooded 400' shot down and up a big hill.

Hawk Hollow hole 15

I've only had the pleasure of playing Hawk Hollow once (definitely want to try again though!), Hole 15 is the one that starts in the field and goes to the narrow opening to the woods, right? That is a cool hole, though I liked the one that's 1 or 2 holes afterward even better...the one where you're shooting into the woods on a knoll, the basket's on a peninsula of sorts, and you have the options to go left or right to get there. I may just have particularly fond memories of that b/c I managed to save a 3 with a 50'+ blind hyzer putt. Really though, lots of cool holes on that course, I think I need more experience on it before I could pick a fave. :D

This is hole #6 in Bryan McClain Park in San Antonio, TX. Its only 140ft , but its one of the most psychologically intimidating holes I have ever played. I loved it!

Hole_6.jpg

Hole 1 @ Area 74 (RIP ;)) in Humboldt County.
By far the best opening hole to a DG course I have ever played. No other Hole 1 has gotten me so excited to play a course.
DSCJNKY

Haven't seen that hole but #1 on Waterworks in KC is widely considered one of the best opening holes in the world.

This is hole #6 in Bryan McClain Park in San Antonio, TX. Its only 140ft , but its one of the most psychologically intimidating holes I have ever played. I loved it!

Hole_6.jpg

I have never seen water in there. I think the hole before that one is WAY better though!!!!

i got the very first set of "great disc golf holes of the world" discs...
they're not mine... they are a buddy of mine, we looked through all his old discs and thats a group of bada$$ hot stamps, actually has the hole itself stamped on top of disc, very unique and very sweet

wish i had an easy way to upload pics, takes forever with my DSL

Latest posts