• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nominate a 'World's Best Disc Golf Hole'

Can't believe no one has said Selah Ranch Leakeside #7 a true island hole Par 5

86ae1e45.jpg

916a11b8.jpg

My nomination is hole 18 at R.L. Smith here in Charlotte. Not only is it a great-looking hole, but it's fun to play. It's an easy birdie, not to mention aceable--as long as you don't mess up. If your throw is only slightly off, you'll probably bounce waaaaay down the hill. It's a lot cooler than the picture gives it credit for, and it looks amazing when the leaves turn:

71fdb39f.jpg

Definitely in my list of most memorable... I broke my arm on it!

Take the Goat path!

Haven't played enough courses (or enough areas) to make an well informed opinion, but:

Hard to argue with Beast #1... I could empty out my bag and yours from atop that hill. :hfive:

Other holes I love:
Flyboy # 25 (THINK):
Note the little peninsula that juts into the lake: try to carry and go for deuce (385' to the pin), or play it safe to the landing and take a 3?
bc68991d.jpg

Moraine # 15:
I don't care who you are, or how far you throw, that there's fun. :D
7e37630b.jpg

Which is best? That's like picking one gorgeous woman out of a line up of several. No wrong asnwer, just different things to enjoy.

Last edited:
There are several that come to mind. I really love Flyboy #3. Flyboy also offers several other holes that would make a top 10 list.

Two of my favorites from years ago include original #10 & 11 at Kaposia in St. Paul. The Valley once had a hole teeing off from a sidewalk, throwing wayyyy down hill with a basket near a manmade pond. It was a par 5, I think.

Then there was the object courses from years ago that only set up baskets for tournaments. Kenwood Park in Minneapolis has some great holes.

Locally I Love the view from the #8 tee at Chattooga Belle Farm and the challenge of CBF #12.

I'm not sure if this was said but hole 3 at Flyboy. To me is hands down the best hole in the sport.

Not that this hole has a snowball's chance in hell at making the top 10, and I have yet to play any of the true disc golf shrines, but...

Hole 13 on the Blue Course at Shore Winds Disc Golf Course is the prettiest hole I've seen. Not quite as dramatic, but from my experience, reminds me of Hole 18 at Pebble Beach Golf Links.

Hole 10 at Hawk Hollow
Hole 18 at Renny Gold
Hole 18 at Earlewood (best par three I've ever played)

Golde state hole 15. Plays as teepad 11 to basket 13 la Mirada backside course. Lots of OB 4 mandatories ~900ft. Nicknamed the widow maker. Par 5.

If I had to pick a normal hole I would say hole 6 backside La Mirada. 400+ ft OB all right. Basket is on an 'island' par 4. Always a headwind and it really is a scenic shot shooting down into the valley with trees lining the fairway. Big guns can run the island but risk drop zone if they come up short or past the island.
Here is a picture.
34B1A120-B56C-49C1-998E-577D595748AD-3296-0000037C4653828E_zps83c60399.jpg

Drainage ditch separates ob. That first curve is the drop zone if you go OB off the tee. Basket is past that big green tree at the right end of the fairway it is blocking the view.

Hole 10 at Hawk Hollow

Hey.. we agree here.

Flyboy 3 gets all the love, 25 is my favorite there and it has been mentioned.. but imo two absolutely amazing holes that get overlooked there are 2 (which is up there as one of the best par 3's i've seen) and 9.

705bdb50.jpg

52e8514d_m.jpg

Though if you want my absolute favorite hole it's gotta be 13 at Bracketts.. amazing par 4 that requires an extremely accurate and long tee shot with a second shot that is equally challenging on to a ravine filled green. it's absolute gorgeous with a creek running parrallel down the right, a beautiful forest cover, perfectly manicured fairway and just look at that green...

c9ae658c_m.jpg

Oh 13... you will be missed. RIP.

I'll try to remind you not to park in that lot when I am out there. I throw lefty, and can probably not quite reach the green....but I will try! And I will probably hyzer out and spike hyzer the hood of your car. :eek:

8f05af1a.jpg

Love this hole. Fun factor off the charts. Ill 2nd this nomination.

If i was going to nominate something else in MN, think id nominate that long tree tunnel shot up at blue ribbon pines. Sure you guys know the one, i bought a disc with it printed on it up there.

Played a hole at Pease Park in Austin, that from the tee, the trees above the pin framed the State Capitol. Really cool view, I have great pic of it on my disc golf wall. Don't remember what hole number though.

# 13 at brackett's bluff and # 10 at Hawk Hollow have to be up there for me. Also would probably add Renny Gold #18.

Though if you want my absolute favorite hole it's gotta be 13 at Bracketts.. amazing par 4 that requires an extremely accurate and long tee shot with a second shot that is equally challenging on to a ravine filled green. it's absolute gorgeous with a creek running parrallel down the right, a beautiful forest cover, perfectly manicured fairway and just look at that green...

c9ae658c_m.jpg

Oh 13... you will be missed. RIP.
I'll echo 13 at Brackett's. That was a fun, fun hole and will be missed. Sooo glad I had the chance to play that course. Many thanks to Bravethrower for hookin' my crew up!

Latest posts