• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob Help

im in oakland. pm me chris we will discuss about maybe playing a round. And do you guys really think i should set aside the beast, will it hurt my technique playing with it now?

Are you the guy Will and I played a round with at Deer Lakes? Do you putt with that beast? :p

Alright, I guess I'll stick with the putter then

You can look for other putters to see if there's one that feels money in your hand but once you start looking for that "magic" putter it's hard to stop. You're really better off sticking with your putter if you like it and try to be consistent with it.

Find some other Dart throwers, they might be able to chip in some advice/tips/tricks for getting the most out of your disc. I know Lithicon throws them.

I want to revive this thread. :thmbup:

Can anyone chime in on the difference between an organic wizard and the regular ss line. I have heard the organics aren't as quality plastic... Anyone throw these?

Also, I am looking for a disc that will work for tunnel shots. I was thinking about the teebird TL. Any suggestions??

Thanks again guys. :D

The Shark is a great learning disc. Personally I found having a Mako really helped me learn disc angles and lines.

teebird or tl would work for those straight shots. i swear by the cro for mids and putting- might be worth checking out..

Wizards are my favorite. Use a SS Wizard for putting a Glow Wizard for drives and 60-200 foot upshots. Very straight, stable to slightly overstable. Handles moderate winds pretty well for me anyways. Heard good things about Ions and Omega putters too but never used them.

When I tried wizards I grabbed em in all the basic plastics, but sadly, not organics. Reguardless, go with feel. If you cant feel them and are resorting to online, contact dave m at gateway disc sports. He is eager to get gateway in peoples hands.

Do a quick google search for gateway, or gateway direct. They have incredible deals intended for folks to try gateway. If you don't see a good set advertised, shhot em a message.

As far as straight shooters, as you can tell from another recent thread that 100 replies long, there are multiple answers;)
The majority of my mag (minus the zone and pred) can all be used well on tunnel shots.
The tl is a good choice, I've seen folks use em well. The straightest discs I've thrown are magnets, elite x xls, and comets.

What do you guys think of a KC pro Roc and Discraft hawk pairing? I've been having good luck with these two. the Hawk is just a nice glidey straight disc.

The Roc is obviously a good disc. I've never thrown a Hawk so I can't comment there. But who cares what we think. If they are working well for you keep throwing them. If that changes then the crowd here will be more than happy to recommend new discs.

Impact
Buzz
Leopard
Roc
Stalker

You'll find some great use out of any of these for controllable shots that are longer than putter-range.

I have all the different types of wizards. My favorite is the Super Soft by far, have two in the bag. One beat up good for putting and one fairly new for driving.

I recently acquired a sss voodoo in a trade to try out. I never would have thought that a disc could be that chalky. It really does not feel right in my hand, and I didn't have a great round with it yesterday. I'm going to give it another shot today, but right now, it doesn't appear as if this disc is the right putter.

I have been wanting to try out the wizard line. Compared to the voodoo line how are they? I was thinking of getting an s or ss wizard to try out. Any suggestions/comments?

a buzzz would be a great place to start out. as for "Star", that is a type of plastic. Star/ESP and Champion/Z are roughly equivalent plastics made by innova and discraft respectively. buzzz or roc would be great; buzzzes are usually flatter than rocs and i prefer the feeling of the buzzz rim, but that's for you to decide.

Latest posts