• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

yeah but, ya know, black people.

Anyway I am really bad at pitch putting and pretty much any putting that involves not a lot of spin, b/c of that the elevator putt is a problem for me. Luckily it doesn't come up much for me and when it does I usually do a short (anny (well anny for a flick (hyzer if you are a stickler))) flick with a putter over whatever is in my way.

Or a pancake tomahawk.

yeah but, ya know, black people.

Anyway I am really bad at pitch putting and pretty much any putting that involves not a lot of spin, b/c of that the elevator putt is a problem for me. Luckily it doesn't come up much for me and when it does I usually do a short (anny (well anny for a flick (hyzer if you are a stickler))) flick with a putter over whatever is in my way.

Or a pancake tomahawk.

i stink at pitch putting too, i'm a spin putter. but the elevators are fun to practice when there's a foot of snow out :\

I just read this thread from the beginning, I feel like I read a short novel...theres some good info in here though, minus dude on the bikes witty comments.:popcorn:

I just finished it myself....can't believe I had to stop and take multiple breaks!

I thought it was awesome when the dude asked about what wheelchair is best for DG, and Frank D comes back with that great and serious advice. Good job, Frank! :thmbup:

Maybe an indication of how good this thread is: I don't have a question...yet.

Thanks to Frank D for starting this, and to everyone else that contributed their knowledge.

Q: How do you get your achievement stats to show on your dgcr profile page?

I just finished it myself....can't believe I had to stop and take multiple breaks!

I thought it was awesome when the dude asked about what wheelchair is best for DG, and Frank D comes back with that great and serious advice. Good job, Frank! :thmbup:

Maybe an indication of how good this thread is: I don't have a question...yet.

Thanks to Frank D for starting this, and to everyone else that contributed their knowledge.

Yeah several of these question and answers made me laugh pretty hard... good thread.

I see your from GR, good to meet ya!!

main site profile page or forum profile page?

Like if you click on my name, then click on dgcr profile... some people have achievement stats that show, I have a quote/saying. I dont know how to switch it to achievements...

It seems more like "hey I want to justify teeing from this spot" someone tell me it's cool

sorry...I was out, just got back. I apologize for the impression I was giving. I was originally wondering if there was a hard fast rule on where to throw relative to the tee post. It would seem that there is not? I have always thrown from what would be considered by your definition the correct tee spot. The only time I have ever not thrown from said spot is when it seemed tome that I should throw closer to the tee pole because that was how the course designer intended for the hole to be played. I was really not looking to be justified but only to be able to state what the rule is among the younger players that I teach. Thank you Frank for answering... and others as well