• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina Courses

course map

WTF???? A 600/540/440' (B/W/R) fairway (hole 12), and a blind RHBH hyzer designed "safari" hole (alt Blue 17/18f) playing along a walking/biking path? Seriously? Come on, JayPo: you know better than that!

That's not a walking path, it's an unused service road. The American Tobacco Trail is the straight brown line bisecting the course.

^ what he said.

course is incredible. the layouts might be a little confusing but it's set that way to have a championship layout option while also providing an easier track for casual players.

our area has some big event plans and had to have a championship level course. Diavolo fusion accomplishes that.

Not only is that a service road, but there are now signs posted at the service road entrances (one at the parking lot and one on either side of the American Tobacco Trail) warning pedestrians that it is a disc golf course and directing them to use the American Tobacco Trail. It'll probably take a while for that to sink in though.

I noticed that the Diavolo Fusion layout was removed from UDisc — and the Red layout isn't up yet. Are those layouts not finished yet? Can't wait to play this course.

I noticed that the Diavolo Fusion layout was removed from UDisc — and the Red layout isn't up yet. Are those layouts not finished yet? Can't wait to play this course.

The Fusion holes are done, 10/11 has separate Blue and White tees, 13/14 uses the #13 tees and 17/18 has separate Blue and White tees. Not sure why its not in UDisc. I've been thinking about how to get it listed on here, probably should not be a separate course.

I'm pretty sure all the Red tees are not in yet, so doesn't surprise me that layout is not in UDisc.

Does the fusion layout also drop a hole, or is it a 19 hole layout?

There's also a few typos/mistakes on that map that would make me pissed enough to have to re-print it.

Yes, Fusion is a 19 hole layout. #22 (19th hole) takes you right back to the parking lot.
In 3 places, two Par 3s are combined to make a Par 4.

We played the "front 11" of Diavolo yesterday and LOVED it. I took the wife and kids, so we played from where we expected the red tees to be based on the maps. Red tees are not there yet, but I'm sure they're coming. From the red tee location, it's a very playable rec course, even for beginners. From the Blue tees, it's a beast. That said, we didn't encounter a single hole we'd consider unfair. There are lanes to the basket on every one of the holes we played.

There's a mixture of long, open holes and your typical tight, wooded North Carolina holes. All in all, a wonderful course. Kudos to CADL and the Town of Cary for bringing us a top notch course. I can't wait to see (hopefully) high level tournaments hosted there in the future.

We played the "front 11" of Diavolo yesterday and LOVED it. I took the wife and kids, so we played from where we expected the red tees to be based on the maps. Red tees are not there yet, but I'm sure they're coming. From the red tee location, it's a very playable rec course, even for beginners. From the Blue tees, it's a beast. That said, we didn't encounter a single hole we'd consider unfair. There are lanes to the basket on every one of the holes we played.

There's a mixture of long, open holes and your typical tight, wooded North Carolina holes. All in all, a wonderful course. Kudos to CADL and the Town of Cary for bringing us a top notch course. I can't wait to see (hopefully) high level tournaments hosted there in the future.

Man I can't wait to try this course out. I took a day off work next week to come out and experience it but all this hype has me itching to sneak out sooner.

Heard some second-hand updates on Rock Creek at Cedarock Park, while playing it during the Sneeky Pete tournament this past weekend.

Yes, it's practically a certainty to become permanent.
However, the wooded/creekside holes will NOT be permanent, since they interfere with walking trails and the camping area. They will receive concrete pads, but no permanent baskets. Baskets will only be placed there for tournaments.
So in order to have 18 permanent holes, new holes will be created on the wooded hillside above the creek. But those new holes will probably just be skipped for tournaments, since the temporary creekside holes are so good. An odd situation for a course.

This year's iteration of Rock Creek was one of the more challenging layouts I've seen. Brand new for this year were a woods+creek 900 ft. par 5, a tightly wooded 500 ft. par 4, and 580 ft. par 4 with a wide open tee shot and a tight tunnel approach. All three of these new holes averaged way over par for MPO. I'm curious what layout they'll settle on permanently.

I might have to get a campsite at Jordan Lake sometime in the future (post covid) for a discation. With Buckhorn, Rock Ridge and now Diavolo, this area is a destination for sure. Buckhorn is my second favorite played East Carolina course to DB's and now I have no excuse to not played Rock Ridge with this new gem so close.

Definitely play Rock Ridge. Before Diavolo opened, it was, IMO, the best course in the extended Triangle area.

The outstanding Forest Hills temp course in Durham will be up and open to the public this Friday, 30 Oct. During the weekend it will host the Matt Keatts Memorial tournament. Layout is the same as the previous few years, except holes 5 and 6 have been removed (short hole by the tennis courts, and the short traffic island hole), and you can find a map on uDisc.

Might be muddy and wet from the rain we're forecasted to get, but still a highly recommended experience for anyone in the area. It's the tournament I look forward to most every year.

Crap--not sure I am going to have the time to get out there if it is only available this weekend...thank you for the clarification!

Hardaway Point in Badin NC has been going through a soft opening. It's mostly only open for Saturday events and special requests for now. It's on about 5 holes of the original golf course at the Badin Inn which closed down a few years back and has been turned into a wedding venue.

They have a restaurant and Bar on site as well if you're into that sort of thing. Tournament times are usually posted on the Uwharrie disc golf facebook page.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Uwharrie-Disc-Golf-102724484956351

Latest posts