• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Myrtle Beach disc golf

bigegan18

We're going on vacation this summer to North Myrtle Beach and of course I've already said my discs go on this trip too. So since this is my first time playing in this area, what are some suggestions on courses to play while there?

Socastee is a drive depending on where you are staying in NMB but worth it and Hwy 31 drops you off near the course. Coastal Carolina College in Conway has a short, open course which you can take Hwy 90 or 31 to get to easily. If you play Socastee in the summer, bring bug spray and watch for venomous snakes especially around # 7 and # 8. I have not played Loris since 2011 but it was not great. If you are going through Wilmington to get to NMB, check out Castle Hayne outside of Wilmington. If you are looking to eat fried seafood where the local locals eat, check out Horry's in Longs and Stevens Calabash at Nixons Crossroads by NMB High School.

I visited North Myrtle last year. I drove 1 and a half hours to get to castle hayne, definitely worth it. I loved the course, and you can make a day out of it.

Socastee I played the next day. It was 85 degrees and humid, but I didnt love it. Some good holes, some blah. Still not bad.

Might be heading to Myrtle Beach in June. Will be staying in North Myrtle Beach. I looked at all of the reviews for the closest 5-6 courses and will do more research, but does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Thanks.

Latest posts