• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS = Thumber Disc?

juju

Double Eagle Member
I have heard lots of people are digging the Nuke OS for thumbers. Anybody on here try them and get good results? What were you throwing before? What is the flight like compared to other super overstable molds?

I don't throw thumbers that often but usually will use my Z Xtreme if I need to. I'm thinking about testing the OS for this shot specifically. Would the Nuke OS hold a similar line and just travel farther?

TIA

I think overhand shots and flicks are just about all this disc is good for. I watched my buddy who can legitimately throw 500' throw one, and it went about 300' and crashed hard

Id stick with the xtreme but I did see a guy at a local tourney who was throwin 400 450 ft thumbers with a nuke os so I guess if you have the arm its a good thumber disc

Only if your thumb is longer than 2.5cm from the first to second joint, otherwise how the heck are you going to grip it? I can't thumb anything with a rim more than 2.0cm rim (like an Orc).

...I like it for thumbers. reliable and long (300ft +)

This is not saying much about me, but of the Tridents, Firebirds, and Flicks I have tried for thumbers, the Nuke OS gets me the most distance and is the most accurate. However, I think that comes from its very unique flight pattern. Most of my thumbers go from left to right. The OS goes left as it should, fights over right as it should, but then flips over enough to finish with a slicing left. This means that I can throw straighter at the target than I could with my other thumber discs.

The thing I do not like is that it is more likely to get up and roll, unlike my Trident which flopped like a dead fish but never flopped more than six feet from the initial hit on the ground.

I do not have a problem gripping the OS. The Trident is a much narrower disc than the OS, so it took a little adjustment, but it did not take anything off my throws.

If you can grip it properly, sure, it can fly nice on thumbers. I wouldn't put it in the same league with flat FBs, XXX and Premium RESPECTi, but it isn't bad.

Saw a guy at Firefighters the other day with a sick thumber that he parked a couple in a row with. Said he preferred the OS, but no experience myself

I toss a 172g champion Beast and have been consistently been throwing it 275-325 ft. Guys in league have tried to get me to switch to a more overstable disc, like the Nuke OS, but it does not turn over fast enough for me, I don't like the thick rim on it, and I am so used to the predictable turn of my Beast. If it is quite windy, then yes I would recommend a more overstable disc like the OS.

I played with a guy that bombed them as a tomahawk, but i felt one up for thumbers (tommys hurt my shoulder) and its way to wide for thumbers in my opinion

I played with a guy that bombed them as a tomahawk, but i felt one up for thumbers (tommys hurt my shoulder) and its way to wide for thumbers in my opinion

Another vote for tommys. I'm not a huge thumber guy anyway, but I felt that any Nuke variant was no good for thumbers. I just couldn't grip it right, but I have small fingers. Throwing the OS on a Tommy, though, is pretty money. I can get it almost as far as my Epic (don't hate, I don't use it in rounds) but much more controllable.

Latest posts