• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on all of them. But a lot, especially the earlier molds. It has a noticeable little downward bump going towards the top from the wing edge. Never really understood where the name came from or who made it up. On some bottom pieces it makes the disc less stable and on some more stable.

Ok. Thanks.

==>Anxiously awaiting what they're like. :p I love bottom stamped discs and this may be an excuse for me to pick up one or two or...:D

My eagle PD2 is sweet. It's red with purply swirls and has a nice deep purple stamp. Not as much dome as my pop-top swirls from last year but it feels like a great run. I have something special in mind for this disc so I won't be throwing it anytime soon.

I also picked up 2 of the Swirl DD because I emailed the store and asked if they might have a shot at replacing my flat wraiths. I haven't thrown them yet but they are the best swirls I have ever seen. Bright, lots of color, no grayish tinge.

Chris at the DM store really hooked me up! :thmbup:

I also picked up 2 of the Swirl DD because I emailed the store and asked if they might have a shot at replacing my flat wraiths. I haven't thrown them yet but they are the best swirls I have ever seen. Bright, lots of color, no grayish tinge.

Chris at the DM store really hooked me up! :thmbup:

Lucky you. I am done buying swirlies directly from DM store, I requested red/orange/yellow or anything bright and was sent two tan ones. They blend right in with the desert landscape here in AZ, super cool. :mad:

Same thing that happened with my roaming thunder. I will say, after some use, I am seeing red and yellow streaks showing. Another year or 2, and the swirls will be there.

On a more serious note, leave it in the sun for a week and it'll change some.. this was mostly purple with weird orange, and it's getting prettier by the day.

Attachments

• 564929C5-CAA3-4E33-93C8-980EDA2A8B8B.jpg
    564929C5-CAA3-4E33-93C8-980EDA2A8B8B.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 49
Same thing that happened with my roaming thunder. I will say, after some use, I am seeing red and yellow streaks showing. Another year or 2, and the swirls will be there.

On a more serious note, leave it in the sun for a week and it'll change some.. this was mostly purple with weird orange, and it's getting prettier by the day.

I'll second the UV treatment works wonders on the beige and tan stuff. It seems to me they are swirling in some kind of dye/pigment type thing over a neutral plastic but makes for some pretty muddy stuff a lot of times, with some phenomanal stuff probably at the beginning. Myself I'd prefer just sprinkling in some extra color pellets with the others and make some natural beauty stuff.

Nice, thanks for the info.. I'll give it a shot, hopefully the intense sun in AZ will speed things up some :)

So with the recent Discmania move to Colorado, Will Discmania and Innova still be together? As in Innova players being able to throw Discmania or have the companies broken apart?

So with the recent Discmania move to Colorado, Will Discmania and Innova still be together? As in Innova players being able to throw Discmania or have the companies broken apart?

Innova will continue to produce Discmania, so I imagine nothing will change.

What's the word on the cline MD5 is it flat ? Does it still have a giant bead?

Not completely flat, but the stock run has a reasonably small dome to them. Pretty big bead, it's more or less a gator after all. Feels good in the hand though, and I feel like it flies according to the numbers.

Not completely flat, but the stock run has a reasonably small dome to them. Pretty big bead, it's more or less a gator after all. Feels good in the hand though, and I feel like it flies according to the numbers.

Was hoping they would drop the bead :(

I'll stick with my 1.3 mortars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts