• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FD2 will be released fairly soon. We had to choose some battles with disc purchases and elected to push the FD2 back a bit.

You-chose-poorly.jpg

Can't wait for this C line run of FD2's to finally drop. The FD2 has become my most thrown mold in my bag. I have a 175g that I've bagged since the release and it's gotten so beat in, that's it's flippy like an FD, but it has the signature FD2 fade still. Then I also bag a lighter 168g and a fresh 175g as well. These three discs can cover so many shots for me.

The newest run of cloudbreakers were very impressive. I picked up a few in the upper 160's, pop topped, actually swirly, and they bomb with being flippy. Keep up the solid molding.

FD2 will be released fairly soon. We had to choose some battles with disc purchases and elected to push the FD2 back a bit. The flight on these is (are?) superb though. Ouch, grammar. We like 'em, okay?!

Are we looking at a 2019 release still, or are these most likely not going to hit stores until 2020?

Discmania Support Reply

Can't wait for this C line run of FD2's to finally drop. The FD2 has become my most thrown mold in my bag. I have a 175g that I've bagged since the release and it's gotten so beat in, that's it's flippy like an FD, but it has the signature FD2 fade still. Then I also bag a lighter 168g and a fresh 175g as well. These three discs can cover so many shots for me.

These should come before the end of the year. At the latest early 2020.

The newest run of cloudbreakers were very impressive. I picked up a few in the upper 160's, pop topped, actually swirly, and they bomb with being flippy. Keep up the solid molding.

Great to hear that! We're very happy with how the latest runs of CB have been flying for sure.

Are we looking at a 2019 release still, or are these most likely not going to hit stores until 2020?

These should come before the end of the year. At the latest early 2020.

based off discmanias (innovas) ability to produce discs. i would guess 2021 for all stock discs. cant even find D line P1s on their site. Many others are sold out too

At latest these will come early 2020. Most of which have been made but just need to be purchased.

I have a 178g Neo Evolution Method on the way and I was wondering how true to the 5,5,0,3 the flight is? I love the feel of the plastic but really nope that it doesn't start to turn over with a little bit of power

There's a Method thread you might want to check out. But to answer you here, not even the slightest hint of turn for me. It flips up, but it never quite seems like it wants to just go straight.

To elaborate for clarity, it'll go straight for a bit, but the whole time it seems angry about it. And when it starts to fade, it doesn't dump, it's more like, "Hahahaha! Fool! Now I'll have my way with you!" and it suddenly cuts into a gliding hyzer finish.

I love the Method a lot, if you can't tell. :)

Probably been asked before but worded different but here goes;

I wanted to try a CD2 and went to the local disc shop, saw about 20 Roaming Thunder 2s on the shelf, all were the color of faded cat barf or in simpler terms "lost", why?

needless to say I passed on a purchase

I wanted to try a CD2 and went to the local disc shop, saw about 20 Roaming Thunder 2s on the shelf, all were the color of faded cat barf or in simpler terms "lost", why?

Innova swirl game rn

I think we'll see a lot less next year. Probably see other stuff instead.

I'm bummed because it's sometimes my only chance to get a favorite disc in SLine... *Cough* S-P1x *cough* S-MD

Weird thing is Innova used to have some nice swirls back in the day, seemingly unintentionally. Idk how they can still be failing at their swirly production runs.

If you check out OTB Discs, they've been putting up a ton of beautiful swirly FD's with a variety of stamps. Some are boring but mostly they've been on par with some Discraft swirls or prodigy spectrum stuff

I tried one out and loved it, so I bit the bullet and went for the lightest colors I could find for a couple back ups. It sucks that the colors aren't great, but I do really love the feel of the plastic over the stock S-line.

Innova swirl game rn

I'm bummed because it's sometimes my only chance to get a favorite disc in SLine... *Cough* S-P1x *cough* S-MD

Supreme flight actually has a few S-P1xes left. I thought about snagging them, but this year I found that I prefer a beat in P2 for that slot.

Innova swirl game rn

Those can be found if you really want em. Havent seen them pull a huge price in the FB markets, although that is based on Finnish data

Discmania Support Reply

To elaborate for clarity, it'll go straight for a bit, but the whole time it seems angry about it. And when it starts to fade, it doesn't dump, it's more like, "Hahahaha! Fool! Now I'll have my way with you!" and it suddenly cuts into a gliding hyzer finish.

I love the Method a lot, if you can't tell. :)

We're glad you like it! That's probably a pretty spot on analysis. The Method in general is by no means a meathook. They start off pretty overstable but will definitely beat in eventually to give some turn, sometimes more than you would like on the occasional throw, but overall they are very reliable and can handle some pretty good torque while still offering a smooth fade at the end.

Weird thing is Innova used to have some nice swirls back in the day, seemingly unintentionally. Idk how they can still be failing at their swirly production runs.

The online presence of buyers through social media showcasing discs has certainly shed a new light on the collector market for sure. We'll make sure to get some good R&D in during this off season and see if we can come up with something special. It's time to Reinvent our Game as well.

We're glad you like it! That's probably a pretty spot on analysis. The Method in general is by no means a meathook. They start off pretty overstable but will definitely beat in eventually to give some turn, sometimes more than you would like on the occasional throw, but overall they are very reliable and can handle some pretty good torque while still offering a smooth fade at the end.

The online presence of buyers through social media showcasing discs has certainly shed a new light on the collector market for sure. We'll make sure to get some good R&D in during this off season and see if we can come up with something special. It's time to Reinvent our Game as well.

So 2021 on the discmania zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts