• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my first Dismania disc about a year ago, it's an S-Line DD with a perfectly flat top. I got it cuz the plastic had a great feel, soft to the touch and grippy but with solid firmness.

I've got more Discmania in my bag now, most recently a couple of S-Line DDx's. Good discs but I'm not liking the plastic as much, it has a glossy slick finish that reminds me of Latitude 64's Gold Line and doesn't grip nearly as well.

How would I find out what run of S-Line my original DD is? And does the change in S-Line plastic mark a new direction for how future runs will be?

I bought my first Dismania disc about a year ago, it's an S-Line DD with a perfectly flat top. I got it cuz the plastic had a great feel, soft to the touch and grippy but with solid firmness.

I've got more Discmania in my bag now, most recently a couple of S-Line DDx's. Good discs but I'm not liking the plastic as much, it has a glossy slick finish that reminds me of Latitude 64's Gold Line and doesn't grip nearly as well.

How would I find out what run of S-Line my original DD is? And does the change in S-Line plastic mark a new direction for how future runs will be?

If you haven't done it yet, wash your disc with dish soap and a soft sponge. A lot of times there is still some residue on the disc from the molding process.

I say this because the really glossy plastic they have been putting out is really grippy, IMO. I have an S DDx and it is very grippy.

Weeeelll.... you gave us FDs and PDs... PD2 is out. Heard that there are MD3s so that leaves only one... tough to say. DDx?

I wonder if the luster discs are all more overstable than their brethren. That would spell great news for thw MD3 and especially for the FD, if they came out anything like the 2nd run!

We have been attempting recently (again) to work on something like the 2nd run FD. But no luck yet.

Aww. No 10th Year PDs, CD2s, or FDs. Bummersauce. I'll prolly grab another S-DDx.

there will be 5 molds for the 10 year anniversary :)

I know it's been said, many times many ways, but man would it be great to have something like a 2nd run FD available again.

We hear you. We revisit the idea often :)

I came here to post the same thing. What was the point in releasing molds that most Discmania throwers don't throw. If it was my company I would want my anniversary products to be things that were revolutionary, for Discmania that would have to be the DDx, PD, CD2, and the FD. Only one gets a 10 year stamp? Hmmm something fishy is going on.

just to be absolutely clear there will be 5 molds used for this. One obviously is the PD2 (as we have released it for the Leo Piironen European Champion Signature disc) and I have made a few comments elsewhere with a few hints.

I dont know how you guys are reading all that, but he said 5 molds out in Luster, and pretty much confirmed anniversary Luster PDs and FDs in their respective threads.

CD2 revolutionary? Great disc but sure lacks the reknown the other molds have.

The CD2 is very popular here in the US but it's not as popular in Europe. However the TD is way more popular in Europe and barely ever talked about here in the US. We have a few players here like Gregg Barsby for example that preaches about the CD2 so that probably helps!

We have found the new plastic to be more grippy than the old plastic. Maybe take clard's advice and wash it?

If you haven't done it yet, wash your disc with dish soap and a soft sponge. A lot of times there is still some residue on the disc from the molding process.

I say this because the really glossy plastic they have been putting out is really grippy, IMO. I have an S DDx and it is very grippy.

We agree. We wanted the DDx to have some extra grip to help it be thrown further!

Discmania Public Service Announcement!

Hello Everyone! Here's a public service announcement from us here at Discmania:

For 2017 we're looking for 10 media partners.

These partners will have the opportunity to test and give feedback about all Discmania molds old and new. We're looking for charismatic, influential, and confident players that can help us show players how our discs fly and even to possibly be involved in development of new products.

In the past we have had media partners featured on our Discmania Facebook pages, Instagram pages, and even on the Discmania Store for some sweet videos we had!

If you're interested or know someone that would be fantastic for this shoot us an email at [email protected]. Please send us a detailed reason why you would be a great fit!

Pro Tip: In the past certain things have stood out to us like - Size of your following on social media, player's community involvement, and even your skill level (be aware we need all skill levels to help show how each one can use our discs so don't feel like you shouldn't apply!) and the amount of tournaments you play!

We look forward to your emails!
-Discmania

Energy. The dome or lack ther of matters. Flat top firebirds. Pop top terns. Puddle top mistakes. The truth is where the disc should be according to a set of critical paramaters.

Don't be fooled. Know what is correct according to mold not hype. Plenty of fools saying this and that. But haven't a clue on what really is right.

Energy. The dome or lack ther of matters. Flat top firebirds. Pop top terns. Puddle top mistakes. The truth is where the disc should be according to a set of critical paramaters.

Don't be fooled. Know what is correct according to mold not hype. Plenty of fools saying this and that. But haven't a clue on what really is right.

Hello there, I don't think I quite understand what you're referencing?

fool (n) - someone who is not myself

DM should have melted down those darn stiff and flat 2nd run FDs. Glad you haven't made THAT mistake again!

Looking at a disc for a set of "critical parameters" isn't how you decide if a disc is going to work for you; you've got to throw it. There are some visual indicators of how a disc is likely to act, but that is by no means the end all and be all.

Also, only about half of this post makes any sense.

Question.... Innova seems to have had issues with bubble top blizzards in the past, but you all have seemed to work it out well for the DDX (i grabbed 4 and am very pleased with the flight).

Assuming, therefore, that Innova has the technology to produce blizzard with bubbles in rim AND flight plate, or rim only... I'm wondering if it is possible to generate bubbles in JUST the flight plate (or at least really minimize the bubbles in the rim)?

Obviously, where I'm going with this is less weight in center, more in rim, while still being able to have lighter weights than max.
I'd be curious if that added glide and/or stability in long range drivers. A DDX in the high 160s with most of that weight in the edge seems like it'd be killer...

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd love to see the DDx in G-line. The TD as well.

I'm on board for a g line ddx as well. I liked the flight of the g dd2s but the rim is a bit large for what I like to throw. I almost pulled the trigger on a g dd and pd2 with my holiday order but don't really know if I need a slot for either.

Question.... Innova seems to have had issues with bubble top blizzards in the past, but you all have seemed to work it out well for the DDX (i grabbed 4 and am very pleased with the flight).

Assuming, therefore, that Innova has the technology to produce blizzard with bubbles in rim AND flight plate, or rim only... I'm wondering if it is possible to generate bubbles in JUST the flight plate (or at least really minimize the bubbles in the rim)?

Obviously, where I'm going with this is less weight in center, more in rim, while still being able to have lighter weights than max.
I'd be curious if that added glide and/or stability in long range drivers. A DDX in the high 160s with most of that weight in the edge seems like it'd be killer...

I see where you are going with this, *coughGYROcough* but i wonder how much the plate actually weighs vs a bubbled plate. Lets say the plate is 10% of the total weight of the disc, and you can shave off 50% of that total 10%. Effect would be minimal.

I see where you are going with this, *coughGYROcough* but i wonder how much the plate actually weighs vs a bubbled plate. Lets say the plate is 10% of the total weight of the disc, and you can shave off 50% of that total 10%. Effect would be minimal.

I totally disagree.... but there's only one way to find out. :D

Are MD3s going to be retooled to be more overstable? I threw a C-Line. I wanted it to be more overstable than it was. I want Discmania to release a midrange thats as beefy as the Gator or retool the MD3 to be that beefy. I'd prefer it to be beedless so I can consistently throw it sidearm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts