• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry guys if you get a disc in your mystery box it can be a straight defective disc.👎🏽👎🏽

Sent him a picture of the disc on a table and he made it right. Like flick said that was uncharacteristic if anyone I've talked to from dm

Anyone know if there were two separate runs of PD in 2018?

I bought one around May that was had the penned weight and mold on the bottom. I believe it is the current 13th run but wanted to confirm if they released embossed versions of the PD later in the year. I just ordered the 10th anniversary stamp (embossed) and though it felt a little different than the one I bought earlier in the year. A little more dome, slightly less stiff feel.

Any thoughts?

There were multiple runs of PD this year. The most recent run (13th) is the only C that is embossed/etched. Your penned one is from a previous run. The 10th anniversary is 13th run and BEEEEFY.

Sent him a picture of the disc on a table and he made it right. Like flick said that was uncharacteristic if anyone I've talked to from dm

Imagine putting that disc in the mystery box and thinking "sorry bro, have fun with this one" :\

There were multiple runs of PD this year. The most recent run (13th) is the only C that is embossed/etched. Your penned one is from a previous run. The 10th anniversary is 13th run and BEEEEFY.

Thanks for the info! I think this penned run is decently OS as well and definitely a stiffer plastic. Also more of a flat top compared to 13th run. I have to look into 12th run PDs.

If anyone is looking for one, I got one of the VERY high PLH S-Line PDs in my mystery box. It looks seriously beefy compared to my other S-PDs...

Grabbed an MD5 last night, it was between that or the MD on trying something new. I love it. OS for sure. But not uselessly OS. More straight to fade before that classic Gator dump kicked in whereas the gator seem to hold more of a hyzer I guess an arcing hyzer I mean to say then of course the dump at the end. In the hand the MD5 is comfortable for any grip it's very stramline where the Gator, I found to be bulky. Even got to test it into a headwind 5-10 MPH. No effect at all on the flight. This is based on about 50 throws with it this morning more testing still in order.

I finally got around to opening my large 1st edition mystery box because I had it shipped to my parents where packages don't get stolen. One of the two specialty stamps is a misprint with 4 stamps on it. It appears they did this because the first foil stamp didn't fully take hold. It's not a bad looking disc, but I don't think it's really one of the two specialty discs I was guaranteed. I watched a few unboxing videos on youtube and they got two non-misprint specialty stamps, so I can't help but feel I got kind of shafted.

I've included a pic. Feel free to put me in my place if you disagree, but I wanted to see if anyone thinks this is worth emailing them about.

"The special feature of this box is a brand new Discmania Special Edition disc, stamped with an all-new Thoughtspace Athletics designed specialty stamp that is not yet available anywhere else!

Large boxes will contain two of the specialty disc featured in each edition"

Attachments

• mystery art.jpg
    mystery art.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 83
I finally got around to opening my large 1st edition mystery box because I had it shipped to my parents where packages don't get stolen. One of the two specialty stamps is a misprint with 4 stamps on it. It appears they did this because the first foil stamp didn't fully take hold. It's not a bad looking disc, but I don't think it's really one of the two specialty discs I was guaranteed. I watched a few unboxing videos on youtube and they got two non-misprint specialty stamps, so I can't help but feel I got kind of shafted.

I've included a pic. Feel free to put me in my place if you disagree, but I wanted to see if anyone thinks this is worth emailing them about.

"The special feature of this box is a brand new Discmania Special Edition disc, stamped with an all-new Thoughtspace Athletics designed specialty stamp that is not yet available anywhere else!

This is my first year getting their boxes. I got one from each edition and so far I'm not extremely impressed with my 2. I feel like they put a lot of unpopular molds in them to get them off their shelves. I'm not disappointed but I doubt I will be getting a box in the future

This is my first year getting their boxes. I got one from each edition and so far I'm not extremely impressed with my 2. I feel like they put a lot of unpopular molds in them to get them off their shelves. I'm not disappointed but I doubt I will be getting a box in the future

I've bought at least one for a few years. Pretty typical spread this year. I dont need the MF MD5 but it's a cool disc. I got a lot of stuff I don't throw this year but it's random. It's not going to be a cart of your favorites but that's part of the fun.

I wouldn't say these were unpopular molds at all. CD2, DDx, P1x, P3, MD5, new swirly s-line FD2. CD3, swirly FD3.

Nothing is making the bag but that's more due to the fact that my bag has been set for awhile. I'd bag the MD5 if it was beadless.

Plenty of people will be happy to receive these in trades over the next month or two.

What molds are those? I'd be willing to trade you for that crazy stamped one.

I've bought at least one for a few years. Pretty typical spread this year. I dont need the MF MD5 but it's a cool disc. I got a lot of stuff I don't throw this year but it's random. It's not going to be a cart of your favorites but that's part of the fun.

I wouldn't say these were unpopular molds at all. CD2, DDx, P1x, P3, MD5, new swirly s-line FD2. CD3, swirly FD3.

Nothing is making the bag but that's more due to the fact that my bag has been set for awhile. I'd bag the MD5 if it was beadless.

Plenty of people will be happy to receive these in trades over the next month or two.

I hope everyone is happy with what they got. I got some good stuff don't get me wrong but one of my boxes came with a gmd, cmd, cmd2,and 2 mf md5s. I wasn't expecting anything crazy but I also wasn't looking for 6 mids

Saw the video from Jussi about the new DD3. I'm still standing by my prediction that it's the retooled PD2 (aka glow c-line PD2). His description of it being a "PD2 for the masses" is exactly it. I'm glad it's coming out for good now! Awesome disc...

People are saying more glide than glow PD2s. Or a distance driver version of S-CD2. Cant think of a combo I would want to throw more than exactly that. Going to bite my lip though and wait for spring. Cant afford a box right now and theres too much snow to really get a good test anyways.

I've been testing an MD5 and love it. You're gonna have to go Caiman I believe.

People are saying more glide than glow PD2s. Or a distance driver version of S-CD2. Cant think of a combo I would want to throw more than exactly that. Going to bite my lip though and wait for spring. Cant afford a box right now and theres too much snow to really get a good test anyways.

Eagles vid today was pretty sweet. Seems like a great destroyer clone. I too will need to wait for production releases. It looks like I can sell off some PD2 backups though to pay for them which is great.

Also note that he only threw the majority of the PD2s about 460 on what appeared to be flat/flex lines.

That made me feel like I can throw decently far, not Simon/Eagle/Paul/Seppo far but decent.

Merry Discmas!

Yeah eagle's max was 500ft with PD2 but he wasn't even trying. He can throw that 500ft with a steep hyzer

P1X | Judge | Harp | Roc/3/x3 | FD | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer | DD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts