• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking max for a C-line(sidearm) and 168- 172for the S.
Do they not make those? I really don't know.

Less than max weight have been pretty scarce in the recent runs. If you have any shops with used discs, take a look. They used to make them less than 175g.

The Link is also going to be a big hit as well.

I am loving the Link! It feels great in my hand, but that soft plastic beats up pretty easily. A few off the front rim and it's got a few chunks. I have a couple of the hard plastic coming. I am looking forward to how they feel/fly. I read somewhere that the hard plastic is slightly less stable. Any truth to that?

After flirting with the P1x, I'm back to the P1. At least for putting, I feel like it's slower and glidier and matches my putting style better.

I know it was said that it wouldn't be run in soft p-line again, but I hope it sticks around and eventually gets run in some different plastics.

Discmania Support Reply

With Halloween slowly creeping up, can we expect anything cool this year?

Oh yes, definitely! This year will have a different spin on it than years past. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with what is offered.

I am loving the Link! It feels great in my hand, but that soft plastic beats up pretty easily. A few off the front rim and it's got a few chunks. I have a couple of the hard plastic coming. I am looking forward to how they feel/fly. I read somewhere that the hard plastic is slightly less stable. Any truth to that?

We have heard the same thing as well from a couple sources. Though I can't say for sure how much that is. Most of us prefer to throw the softer ones and putt with the hard ones. But that's just a matter of preference, really.

After flirting with the P1x, I'm back to the P1. At least for putting, I feel like it's slower and glidier and matches my putting style better.

I know it was said that it wouldn't be run in soft p-line again, but I hope it sticks around and eventually gets run in some different plastics.

Hopefully one day there will be a special version of it but unfortunately there are no plans to do so currently.

I dunno. I have both of em (hard&soft) in pretty darn good shape even after countless drives and putts. IMO the soft is a little straighter of a thrower, but it could also be due to the added grip giving it better snap/spin, although I dont want this to sound like the hard lacks grip. Just a little more on the soft and also can dig in your fingers a little more for driving.

Looking forward to seeing these on this side of the pond. Anyone have info on when and where they will be available in US? <3

I'm saving up for an OP-Z, but the piggy bank shall be quickly raided whenever these are available.

(Please please please make 170g sexy pink ones...)

Looking forward to seeing these on this side of the pond. Anyone have info on when and where they will be available in US? <3

Innovastore has the retooled C-line FD2s releasing on 09-09-19 too.

FD2s are live at Innovastore, weights down to 170g in red when I saw them.
I wonder if they'll be available tomorrow for those of us playing catch up with the sun.

Discmania Support Reply

Europe was ready to release those sooner than the US so they set them loose. I'd expect to see these pop up in the next month or two. There are definitely some exciting releases to stir the pot between now and then. They're coming though!

I had a question about the enigma vs DD3/Cloudbreaker. There, to me, seems to be quite an overlap here. In fact, there is apparently not much difference between the two. (Maybe it's specific to these runs?) Should the enigma have much less HSS vs the cloudbreaker?

I'm simply curious, as I have the CB and tested it vs domey shrykes and the CBs stayed very straight but got as much D as the shrykes but without the turn. Just curious to see what your (DM support) thoughts are.

Europe was ready to release those sooner than the US so they set them loose. I'd expect to see these pop up in the next month or two. There are definitely some exciting releases to stir the pot between now and then. They're coming though!

Hoping these are ready for USDGC, I'd love to pick one up there.

Discmania Support Reply

Will there be another run of the Soft P-line P2s this year?

Yes definitely!

I had a question about the enigma vs DD3/Cloudbreaker. There, to me, seems to be quite an overlap here. In fact, there is apparently not much difference between the two. (Maybe it's specific to these runs?) Should the enigma have much less HSS vs the cloudbreaker?

I'm simply curious, as I have the CB and tested it vs domey shrykes and the CBs stayed very straight but got as much D as the shrykes but without the turn. Just curious to see what your (DM support) thoughts are.

Admittedly for most arms, some people may not notice a difference immediately between the two. The Enigma is definitely faster, wider rimmed, and technically less overstable than the DD3. It may help to find a lighter one to test the difference and you may have more success. By the same token, it may just be a matter of preference, really. Most of us here do have both in the bag for different reasons but for other players it may just depend on what you like to throw best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts