• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hard pressed to notice any difference in feel or flight between the MD and a Mako3. Should your beloved MD cease to exist the Mako3 could fill that slot.

As long as the P2 and FD don't disappear I'll be good to go. And likely there is an Aviar that is close enough to the P2 that I could get by.

I wouldn't mind seeing the FD mold get sent over to the Trilogy manufacturers for production. I would be curious to see how it turns out in the Swedish plastics.

I'm hard pressed to notice any difference in feel or flight between the MD and a Mako3. Should your beloved MD cease to exist the Mako3 could fill that slot.

Yeah, they do feel somewhat similar in hand. I dunno, I really like the D-Line plastic for the role that disc fills for me, I can't really throw that late-flipping turnover with a Mako3, they're much straighter and C/S plastic is way more stable. I'm sure innova does make a mold available in D-Line that would work though, you're right, just a matter of finding it. I've been throwing DM mids for so long though, I really love the family resemblance.

This is one of my issues with the smaller disc companies. They tend to have their discs go out of production/retired more frequently since they have to focus on the Return on Investment.

I try to support the smaller companies, but it is rough when they OOP/retire a disc that I use and the answer is that a bigger company makes something similar (or the exact same)...then I end up bagging the bigger company's discs...so why not just stay with them and ignore what the smaller companies have? It's frustrating.

I loved the DD Witness, but it got retired. Now I'm bagging the Innova Sidewinder instead. Same thing applies to DiscMania though...can't get a disc anymore...then get suggestions for a bigger companies disc and support for the smaller one goes away. But what else is a player supposed to do?

It's got me thinking twice before buying a disc from a smaller company....what if the disc is no longer available...maybe I should just start with the bigger company's version.

(And I'm not ragging on your suggestion to try the Mako3....it's just the "symptom" that I'm pointing out).

I'll sell my soul for a couple of Essences. God I love that disc, as it seems other people do as well. When are we ever going to see these bad boys again? Early 2020? Cheers

how are the current dd3s stability wise...i had and lost a 175 that was 2 years old...flew great some turn and glidy...have a 1st run cloudbreaker that is a little more os...l

how are the current dd3s stability wise...i had and lost a 175 that was 2 years old...flew great some turn and glidy...have a 1st run cloudbreaker that is a little more os...l

My current stock run DD3 is more OS than my Cloudbreaker 2...the weight on my DD3 is max, and the CB2 is 171. The plastic on my CB2 has small bubbles in the rim and that may account for the lack of stability...it will flip up or turn right slightly, whereas my stock run does not show any turn. It really comes down to PLH...you will need to compare them to see what you want/need.

Simon Lizotte asked Latitude 64 disc designer Tomas Ekström to make the most overstable driver ever for Discmania's Evolution line.

They decided to call it the 2015 Ledgestone Insurance Open Cryztal FLX Tracker...oh, that name was already taken. So, they named it the Latitude 64 first run Opto Spark...dang it! That name is taken also.

It will end up being called the Tilt, and it is teased in the video, below.

P1, P1X, P3, P3X, MD, MD1, MD2, MD4, TD, TD2, TDX, CD, CD2, CD3 and DD are all gone from the discs-section of the site. Many of them haven't been run for a while but there's a couple of great molds no longer featured.

Meh. If I miss anything off that list it will be the P3X or MD4.

I would like to think Discmania actually owns the molds and that if they ever completely cut ties with Innova maybe they can send them to Sweden to continue production.

I'd love to get my hands on some classic blend P2's.

Well I picked up some classic aviars that are more domey than the flat ones I had previously tried putting with. These fly a bit more neutral, really similar to the P1. I think they will be a great replacement for the P1.

Been trying to find a value for this but can't seem to find any others. Thoughts? 175 CD3 unthrown Thanks
9f23bd042c6def4d66ed32eec017e820.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Interesting. I dont think Ive seen another either and I peruse A LOT of Discmania stuff. However, as a mold I have rarely seen a CD3 net much. Perhaps the Konopiste ghost stamp ones the most.

Interesting. I dont think Ive seen another either and I peruse A LOT of Discmania stuff. However, as a mold I have rarely seen a CD3 net much. Perhaps the Konopiste ghost stamp ones the most.
I ended up selling it today with a couple other new DM discs. Netted about 70 for it i guess. Still not sure how I feel about it hah. Hopefully it wasn't a holy grail [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

if you netted $70 on a C Line CD3 (even tho a Prototype) you did well

as Flick Maniac says...the CD3 is not one of the DM discs that fetches a lot

DIscmania has said that it would only offer 4 or 5 of their molds made by innova this year. They mentioned there would be tour series cloudbreakers, night strikes, and sky gods, so Just dd3s, fds, P2s and at most a couple more molds.... maybe PDs and PD2s?? FD3s? crazy.

It's really sad to me that DM is unable to get their original discs in stock. I have been wondering what went down between them and Innova to get to this point. Think Dave D was pissed the Jussi started working with Lat64 and Yikun? Or did Jussi go to those other guys because Innova was not producing enough? Its one of those things we may never actually know, but that I REALLY want to know the answer to. *sigh* there are sooo many awesome discs that I want that are impossible to get because either they make like 200 of them once a year, or they just outright don't make them anymore. When was the last time there was an actual restock of P2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts