• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Currently at 2,982 posts. Hurry up here then get to the good stuff:thmbup: I'm about 1k in myself.

I just found that one tonight too, about 300 in lol

I've been a /r/discgolf regular for years and never paid attention to DGCR and recently decided to check it out. Holy SHlT, there's so much more here. I'm like a little kid on Christmas still.

I just found that one tonight too, about 300 in lol

I've been a /r/discgolf regular for years and never paid attention to DGCR and recently decided to check it out. Holy SHlT, there's so much more here. I'm like a little kid on Christmas still.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/

Used to be the discgolfreview forums, now hosted by TimG (THANK YOU!). You think this is better than /r/discgolf? Dig through those threads (granted they don't cover very recent molds), and the "Resources" section here: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/ Every person on this site that isn't good, but wants to be one day, should read the Resources section more than once.

DGCR is the /r/discgolf of DGR. Hell, even just a couple years ago this site was more...articulate? With popularity comes dilution. I migrated here when DGR died...there's even a good thread about DGCR there (which I won't link here):D

Anyone able to tell about the firmness of the 2018 Ledgestone Glo ESP Zones? I haven't bought a Zone in a while & my older one is a firm puddle top ESP. I've felt up some ESP's that I've seen in some stores and they were really soft. No thanks.

Mine feels just like normal ESP to me. Similar in firmness to a couple of the big z zones that I have. I have an orange one that is just flat topped and around 174. It is definitely not soft, but I would not call it firm.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/

Used to be the discgolfreview forums, now hosted by TimG (THANK YOU!). You think this is better than /r/discgolf? Dig through those threads (granted they don't cover very recent molds), and the "Resources" section here: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/ Every person on this site that isn't good, but wants to be one day, should read the Resources section more than once.

DGCR is the /r/discgolf of DGR. Hell, even just a couple years ago this site was more...articulate? With popularity comes dilution. I migrated here when DGR died...there's even a good thread about DGCR there (which I won't link here):D

No

/r/discgolf is the ninth circle of hell

It's legit all 175 foot ace posts and horrendous trilogy mail calls. Dgcr was never close to that wasteland.

What's the desire for a straight flying zone bcbi want one too but I'm not sure why?

Can I cover all my approaches with an OS esp and a straight jawbreaker?

you probably could cover all your lines, especially if your proficient at FH and BH. I have a pro d zone that is super straight. thrown with anhy it holds a beautiful turnover. flat its just straight for days and on hyzer it holds.

What's the desire for a straight flying zone bcbi want one too but I'm not sure why?

I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes I'm not feeling my touch putter throws and would rather lay into a Zone.

I carry a mid 160s Jawbreaker that only has a touch of fade at the end, and a regular weight SoftX that drifts ever so slightly before coming back to center. ZFLX is my OS one.

I bought a macro-sized JB Zone at Glide in Madison, WI. It is the perfect size for my son to grip (he is 16 months old).

He has started trying to throw it, but his form could use some work. Right now he is maxing out at about 2' of distance. Not much snap.

I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes I'm not feeling my touch putter throws and would rather lay into a Zone.

I carry a mid 160s Jawbreaker that only has a touch of fade at the end, and a regular weight SoftX that drifts ever so slightly before coming back to center. ZFLX is my OS one.

I'm like 1000 times more comfortable throwing sidearm approaches. I have the OS slot covered with an ESP zone but I want to see if I can do everything with a straight zone.

you probably could cover all your lines, especially if your proficient at FH and BH. I have a pro d zone that is super straight. thrown with anhy it holds a beautiful turnover. flat its just straight for days and on hyzer it holds.

I am beating one in for straight shots. Actually, I would think it is beat in enough to call it straight right now. I think it will take a while for it to be a turnover disc. Although, I don't think this disc will work well as a turnover disc. Not enough glide, I had another beat JB and it really was finicky when it developed turn. The point for me would be to frame my shots as:

OS Zone BH - Straight Zone BH - Straight Zone FH - OZ Zone FH

I don't even want to bag a mid anymore because this set up can do the job.

ranger said:
/r/discgolf is the ninth circle of hell

It's legit all 175 foot ace posts and horrendous trilogy mail calls. Dgcr was never close to that wasteland.

Totally agree. I cannot stand the amount of low effort "look I aced this 185 ft hole in a wide open field" posts. Or the sheer amount of "It may not be much but I broke the 300 ft barrier" posts. Just random pics of stock DD discs that have mediocre camera work. Being generous, 1 in 10 posts actually have some worth.

Are the 2018 swirly ESP Zones firm or nah?

Not as stiff as the swirly glo ESP signature discs but firmer than some of the older esp. I have a sample of one and I love it, good grip, slight puddle top.

How many Zones is too many Zones? I have replaced my mids with them and I'm wondering how many I should carry. I'm thinking of going with a Beat in JB and a Big Z for most courses. I also like the soft X for upshots and colder weather. I rarely bag the Cryztal Z or Cryztal FLX but they are noticeably more overstable than the other plastics. To the point where I'm not even sure I need to bag one.

Not as stiff as the swirly glo ESP signature discs but firmer than some of the older esp. I have a sample of one and I love it, good grip, slight puddle top.

I will second this, may go without saying but they're nice and beefy.

How many Zones is too many Zones? I have replaced my mids with them and I'm wondering how many I should carry. I'm thinking of going with a Beat in JB and a Big Z for most courses. I also like the soft X for upshots and colder weather. I rarely bag the Cryztal Z or Cryztal FLX but they are noticeably more overstable than the other plastics. To the point where I'm not even sure I need to bag one.

I feel like two Zones is plenty but to each his own. I'm sure at some point I'll hoard them because I love the mold, but I haven't reached that point yet. One beefy OS Zone and one in a baseline plastic to beat in is the most I would plan on bagging.

I feel like two Zones is plenty but to each his own. I'm sure at some point I'll hoard them because I love the mold, but I haven't reached that point yet. One beefy OS Zone and one in a baseline plastic to beat in is the most I would plan on bagging.

Hah! Glad I'm not the only one. That's exactly what I do. Got a near max weight ESP thats super duper beefy and a 160ish ZFLX that has a Buzzz OS type stability.

-Dave

Yea, 2 really seems like the right number until I can get one that goes dead straight. The Cryztal Z ones I have are shockingly OS and I'm struggling to find a need for them.

They kind of remind me of the Firebird. 2 is plenty, but you could bag a 3rd if you season them enough.

Good luck with any of them losing their fade.

I have a JB that I got maybe 2 weeks ago that is pretty straight already. I could see it turing over soon. I would imagine a beat in Pro D would be fairly easy to beat straight (considering the amount of trees I hit).