• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

^^^Only came across flat ones in person, but look hard enough, and you can find all variations in a run (had a production run domey Z-FLX once, and I actually liked it.) I buy my Zones in person or from a site that describes the profile (OTB, Disc Baron), or message the seller. It's easy to find your preferred profile.

It's not just the puddle/flat top... it seems the shoulders have gotten a slight bit taller too. That said, I'm talking an extremely small sample size that I've felt up lately.

Maybe I'm just turning into one of those long-in-the-tooth, old "back in my day discs used to be _________" sorta guys. Maybe probably. :|

My local PIAS has all new 5x Zones and all of them had domes. Puddle tops are so hard to find now.

Yeah, I retract my previous statement. Looking around online, and it looks like flat to domey is the spectrum for the 5x. Puddle top throwers are going to have to skip this run.

Yeah, I retract my previous statement. Looking around online, and it looks like flat to domey is the spectrum for the 5x. Puddle top throwers are going to have to skip this run.

Discraft is generally peak quality, but how do you mess up Zones? I've met very few people who want a Zone to be anything other than board flat, and the ones who don't want them board flat want them puddled.

Nobody wants a domey Zone. I wonder if Paul's black on black run is domey

Discraft is generally peak quality, but how do you mess up Zones? I've met very few people who want a Zone to be anything other than board flat, and the ones who don't want them board flat want them puddled.

Nobody wants a domey Zone. I wonder if Paul's black on black run is domey

I don't know much about the manufacturing process, but maybe cooling too fast results in more shrinkage, popping the flight plate up? LE runs have been known to produce some outliers. All I know is production Z-FLX is still on point, and that's my prefered blend of Zones, so I'm happy.

Those were all over the board, from puddle top to domey, definitely a crap shoot when buying blindly online. Hope Discraft doesnt repeat that process again of just spitting out product quickly.

Yeah Discraft did this with the ESP discs and they had only ESP FLX for 2008 as from 2007 Ace Race to end of the year ESP was FLX. In 2008 regular ESP was hard to find, then when ESP came back in 2009 to 2019, 10 years was a less durable product then old ESP. It was like the ESP got rushed or the plastic from the suplier had changed for a year when they then found in 2009 ESP like plastic in the pellets ran off the old ESP/ESP FLX while making ESP at the same time.

Last edited:
While discraft is making yet another run of z I'm over here waiting on a run of max weight soft zones.

No kidding. The selection available right now to buy is so limited. Good thing I have enough backups to get me by until they do another run hopefully.

No matter how thorough your process is for flattening a disc, it will never fully fix a puffy nose, high shoulder, or inner rim slant.
Close? Yes, but not exact. Cooling plastic is a funny thing.

No matter how thorough your process is for flattening a disc, it will never fully fix a puffy nose, high shoulder, or inner rim slant.
Close? Yes, but not exact. Cooling plastic is a funny thing.

It gets it pretty damn close, if my 5x aren't flat I'll try to flatten it and compare it against My flat cryztal

God I hope with the rise in sales for discraft that they don't rush the process. I don't want another Innova where discs from the same mold and same run can vary from us to os.

My favorite Zones always start flat and the plate sinks some with use. I actually don't understand how Discraft sells so many Zones. I've retired a couple, lost one, and have used 4 in the last 10(?) Years. Have 4 in reserve, and am sworn off buying more, because they'll never get used. The most durable mold in existence, imo.

My favorite Zones always start flat and the plate sinks some with use. I actually don't understand how Discraft sells so many Zones. I've retired a couple, lost one, and have used 4 in the last 10(?) Years. Have 4 in reserve, and am sworn off buying more, because they'll never get used. The most durable mold in existence, imo.

Ain't that the truth. First Zone I tried was a 2015 Ledgestone Ti, liked it so I bought a few more. I could have stopped there and be set for life, that older Ti in particular is pretty indestructible. Sometimes ya just gotta buy a new disc though.

Just put a Ti back in the bag. That Ledgestone run is still the most OS Zone I've thrown.

Yeah I'm a esp guy myself. Been bagging the first ever esp I've ever bought still. I do have one backup that's it. I do want a max weight soft zone for shots that hit and sit though.