• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official: Z NUKE testing

Then why would they advertise 3 days ago that they would make 164-174.
So whats that then, a tease ?
I call it deceptive advertising. :thmbdown:
Friggin' Sham Wow.
Will it leave my breath smelling minty fresh ? :rolleyes:

I have a premium plastic Destroyer at 165 grams, and a Boss at 166 grams, these are the best throwers for me, I wouldnt even consider a Nuke unless it's available in this kind of weight.

... sounds like someone might need a tissue.

I would not call them overstable but they are definitely more both HSS and LSS than the ESP. Basically, I would not trust the ESP in a headwind, I would have no qualms throwing the Z in one though.

It reminds me a lot of an Opto Halo, just 20 to 30 feet longer.

They do not seem to glide as well as the ESP but that is all deceptive because they are probably faster as I was getting almost the same distance.

Basically, I was never willing to commit to the ESP Nuke as being worthy of being in the bag full time, more as something to throw on bomber courses when I know I am going to have fun, but the Z immediately went into my bag. I am going to try to get down to the store to buy another one tomorrow.

This is pretty much what I have been hearing as most people who feared them being flippy like the production ESPs were very happy to find it had decent stability but still maintained distance.

picked up the lightest z nuke i could find today (171, on the dig). Quite flippy. Super thin flight plate. fast fast fast. cant wait to give it a huck on a nice downhill shot.

now if only dan at discoveringtheworld would sell me one of his demo ninjas...:eek:

picked up the lightest z nuke i could find today (171, on the dig). Quite flippy. Super thin flight plate. fast fast fast. cant wait to give it a huck on a nice downhill shot.

now if only dan at discoveringtheworld would sell me one of his demo ninjas...:eek:

I was scared of it being a bit flippy...would you say the star katana is more stable if you have ever thrown one?

From what I have heard most of them are fairly stable and similar to the 1st run ESPs.....although they are bound to have variances.

So how do they fly? I hope they are just like the esp but more durable. I don't want them to be overstable cause I already have a force for that.

I shot this video earlier today this evening while practicing with my Z-Nuke (172 grams) into the wind. I think someone else posted earlier that it's high-speed stable and I would agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDpZiy5Pi-I

Got my bottom-stamped Z Nuke 2 weeks ago at Am Worlds. Only threw it once, and never again. Sweet disc, on the wall.

good to know...tx

domie max weight star katana....daddy's coming to get you off that lonely rack of plastic

You do realize Apoth posted earlier that his was flippy and it is possible he picked a bad one?

4 out of 5 people have told me they are decently stable......of course there will always be Nukes that come out slightly different.

I can't get past how crappy the Katana feels in the hand.

You sure about that? The Nuke is WAY deeper (or at least feels like it).

That's what the PDGA specs say so that's what I'm going on. I've never thrown a Nuke so can't comment on that comparison, but the Katana does feel the same as a Boss to me.

You sure about that? The Nuke is WAY deeper (or at least feels like it).

It is true about the deep rim, and I can bomb the nuke further. I heard the rim on the Z wasnt the same or as thick as the ESP. I was hoping it wasn't the truth, since the depth makes the differences between the nuke and katana.

I will have to just get one and do my own testing. Knowing discraft, I will fall in love. On the other hand, the star katana is no joke. the katana only holds lines better than the nuke...but doesnt travel as far.

I am hoping the Z nuke is the farthest disc I will ever throw on flat ground...and give me the best hyzer bombs I am capable of.

Just ordered a blue 172 Z Nuke. It's gonna be a long week knowing it's coming in the mail Friday or Saturday or even next week.

Latest posts