• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2014 - DGCR'S 6TH ANNUAL DYE CONTEST - SPONSORS, VOTING LINKS, RESULTS

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

14816948653_04bbe9fee8_o.png

(This thread will be used to thank the many great sponsors of this year's Okthrowberfest, link to the voting polls, present the results, and display the payout through the end of the contest)

This year's contest had the highest number of participants, entries, and by far the largest payout of any previous Okthrowberfest! I wish I could express in words how truly thankful I am to EVERYONE who helped make this year such a tremendous success.

If I can ask one thing from this end, is to PLEASE support the sponsors of this year's competition. A truly jaw-dropping payout was made possible only by the graciousness of some of the best companies and people in this sport we love. Do let the following sponsors know that you appreciate their support of Okthrowberfest, and send them some business!

Premier sponsors in no particular order are as follows:

Gateway Disc Sports
was first on board as a premier sponsor, donating a full box of unstamped premium Gateway discs in whites and brights and varying molds. Big thanks to Josh for getting it all together, and of course Dave for his years of dedication to growing our sport!

CommunityDiscs.com
-- can't say enough about what a great guy Justin is and what he's doing at Community Discs. Donated a HUGE stack of plastic in a variety of perfect canvasses for dyers, and a box full of minis, including some gorgeous Nanos! Thanks again Justin! All of you need to give CommunityDiscs.com a look!

Prodigy Disc
joined in on this year's Okthrowberfest, and in a big way! I got to speak with one of the true royals of disc golf in David Greenwell, and enjoyed every second of talking with him. David gave some great advice on the future of this contest, and Prodigy gave some incredible clear and white never-stamped discs and a pair of brand new Starter Bags. Looking forward to Prodigy's continued success on the tour and in the air!

Dynamic Discs
joined the list of new supporters by coming in STRONG --- a brand new Fracture Blue Soldier bag, and 3 pairs of their new DISCover shoes! Be sure to support Jeremy Rusco, Eric McCabe, and all the many great people with Dynamic Discs at all the tour stops they help make so excellent!

Legacy Discs
continues another year in its support of our contest, and put together a stack of premium Legacy plastics in a number of different molds. Great people out in California in the all the Ricos, Steve Valencia, and everyone out there who knows how to PLAY WITH CONFIDENCE

Zing Mini Discs
came in big as well, with a box full of a variety of Zing Minis and a couple Zing t-shirts. Big thanks to Craig for continuing to pump out some awesome minis! Check them out next time you need a custom mini order!

Skulboy Designs
has been a long-time supporter of Okthrowberfest, and continued again this year in great fashion --- donating a box of Duncan's stamps on a variety of discs, and some great extras including one of the coolest custom minis you'll ever find! Thanks again to Duncan and Skulboy Designs for thier continued support of disc dyers!

Massive thanks to the following supporters for their additions to the greatness of this year's contest:
15402049690_faf56bdc28_o.png

A very special thanks to Sarah Cunningham, one of my personal favorites in our sport for donating a stack of custom discs to the pool.

And last but certainly not least, all the great donors from this site --- every year, even just a little goes a long way if so many people can make it happen, and every year, you do!

disc fiend, roggenb3, Dale West, bigmanbailye, MrFixIt, Eky8, kratc, DyeingToPlay, BgWvDave, Dan Howard, bigmanbailye, Numskul, Badger45, Disc'co Dyes, mcodyclapp, sisyphus, Odyssey113, Stankyjahnke

And of course, Timg and the excellent site for all things disc golf -- DGCourseReview.com!

OK, now on to the voting!

We had enough entrants this year that we are conducting a two-round, tournament-style voting system.
The entries are randomly divided in half into two different pools. The top 10 from each of those will combine to form a Final Poll of the top 20 entrants.
The Final Poll will be voted on once these two polls are decided.

Each user gets 3 votes for each poll --- vote three times in Poll 1, three times in Poll 2, and three times in the Final.

-- Please note that there are TWO POLLS to start --

-- Vote for your favorite THREE entries in BOTH polls --

------------------------
***CLICK HERE FOR POLL 1***

------------------------
***CLICK HERE FOR POLL 2***

------------------------

Go vote in BOTH POLLS, support the sponsors, and good luck to all the entrants!

Awesome work, everybody! Already voted, even though I had to NOT vote for a dozen I'd've liked to... Shared on Facebook. You all are winners in my book. :clap:

While we wait for the semifinal polls to finish, here's the discs I have up for 3 randomly selected winners to choose from!

Winners will be selected tonight using random.org

All discs are unthrown and have may have minor storage wear.

Left to right --- rows separated by dashes---

1 SALIENT CLEAR LIQUID ANTIDOTE 167 NEVER STAMPED
2 SALIENT CLEAR LIQUID WRAITH 177 NEVER STAMPED
3 LEGACY WHITE ICON GHOST 179 NEVER STAMPED
4 LEGACY WHITE ICON CLOZER 172 NEVER STAMPED
5 LEGACY WHITE ICON RIVAL 173 LEGACY TRAILS STAMP
---------------------------------------------------------------------
6 INNOVA WHITE GLOW DX TEEBIRD 171 STAMP WIPED
7 LATITUDE64 BLUE GOLDLINE SAINT 170 STOCK STAMP
8 LEGACY RED ICON CLOZER 174 NEVER STAMPED
9 LEGACY WHITE PINNACLE CANNON 173 NEVER STAMPED
10 LEGACY WHITE PINNACLE CANNON 171 NEVER STAMPED

15608495461_c1fdd5dcab_c.jpg

11 INNOVA BLUE GSTAR RHYNO 175 TOURNEY STAMP
12 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION KING COBRA 177 STOCK STAMP
13 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION LEOPARD 168 STOCK STAMP
14 INNOVA CLEAR GLOW CHAMP MONSTER 175 TOURNEY STAMP
15 INNOVA YELLOW CHAMPION ROC3 176 STAMP WIPED
16 INNOVA WHITE STAR LEOPARD 167 STAMP WIPED
17 INNOVA WHITE STAR DESTROYER 170 BOTTOM STAMPED
18 INNOVA CLEAR/WHITE CHAMPION KATANA 172 STOCK STAMP
15425171677_bdd71b9774_c.jpg

19 DISCRAFT YELLOW Z SURGE SS 172 MISPRINT STAMP
20 DISCRAFT GREEN ESP FLX NUKE SS 169 MISPRINT STAMP
21 DISCRAFT PINK ESP FLX BUZZZ 169 MISPRINT STAMP
22 DISCRAFT WHITE GLOW Z BUZZZ 175 DISCRAFT LOGO STAMP
23 DISCRAFT CLEAR Z COMET 163 MISPRINT STAMP
24 DISCRAFT RED ESP SURGE 174 MISPRINT STAMP
25 DISCRAFT PINKISH RED ESP METEOR 176 MISPRINT STAMP
26 DISCRAFT CLEARISH Z XPRESS 174 STOCK STAMP
27 DISCRAFT CLEAR Z XPRESS 175 MISPRINT STAMP
28 DISCRAFT WHITE ESP FLX DRONE 177 STOCK STAMP
15425171237_9ae511abe4_c.jpg

29 DISCRAFT CLEAR Z FLICK 173 MISPRINT STAMP
30 DISCRAFT WHITE Z STALKER 169 STOCK STAMP
31 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION BOSS 175 STOCK STAMP
32 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION WRAITH 170 STOCK STAMP
33 INNOVA WHITE STAR LEOPARD 175 STAMP WIPED
34 DISCRAFT CLEAR Z FLICK 165 STOCK STAMP
35 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION BEAST 168 STOCK STAMP
36 INNOVA PURPLISH STAR XCALIBER 172 BOTTOM STAMPED
37 INNOVA WHITE STAR WRAITH 170 BOTTOM STAMPED
38 INNOVA CLEAR CHAMPION LEOPARD 175 STOCK STAMP
15612009842_4c2bb47a92_c.jpg

Semifinals results

Below are the results from the two semifinal polls. A 3-way tie for 10th in one poll means we'll have 22 entries in the final poll, which I will assemble and post shortly.

14991644124_64a4899318_c.jpg

That's a wrap!

15456097407_b6491b1af4_z.jpg

I'm truly humbled by the win, I just hope that people voted on what they liked, and didn't vote for Murder of Crows because they guessed it was mine. I promise you there was no rigging of any kind, before anyone tries to throw that out there. Not my style, nor would I want that to happen with this contest in which I put so much work into.

I'm out of town for a few days but I have my laptop and will compile the full payout as soon as I get the time to put it all together. This is going to take a LOT of work! Thank you again to all who voted, all who entered, and all who gawked at the INCREDIBLE art on display in this year's contest!

Murder of Crows was awesome. It looked equally good in daylight or glowing, which is probably what put it over the top. I voted for it twice, and had no idea it was yours!

Congrats Bennett on a well deserved win. That is a phenomenal dye. The competition was amazing this year. So many incredible dyes. So much amazing talent.

Congrats Bennett! Also a big congrats to all the runners up and just everyone in general in the contest. All the entries were very well done and I feel proud to even be considered amongst some of these awesome dye jobs, many of which I personally feel took more skill than mine even though they may not of placed as high. Great work everybody!! :clap:

Very nicely done Bennett, It was very hard to choose between yours and the hand that feeds you.
For me it was the glowies aspect that set it ahead just a bit.
I am amazed on all the work that went into all the dyes & congrats to everyone that put a dye in. I now know next year i have to step it up even more !
Thank you for putting this on !!! See you all next year !!!

Wanted to specifically give thanks to the following:

DAN HOWARD
BIGMANBAILYE
EKY8
Numskul
Badger45
Disc'co Dyes
mcodyclapp
sisyphus
Odyssey113
roggenb3
Stankyjahnke
Rob Edwards
El Duderino

All of these members have donated cold hard cash to help with the shipping costs of this MASSIVE payout. I can't thank all of you enough, I know it's cliche but I truly am humbled by the generosity and support of everyone who has helped. I know I say it all the time, but all I do is run the show -- it's the sponsors, artists, and those listed above that make Okthrowberfest AMAZING and continue its growth every year!

Payout is SET! That was certainly a challenge in concentration and Excel!

I want to send the packages out before posting what everybody won, so as to keep a little bit of surprise for the victors :D. Give me another day or two to pack them all together and prep to ship. Then I'll post the USPS bill for all to witness ;)

Winners --- please post a mailcall pic when you get your prize packs!

I will post the complete, detailed payout once the mailcall pics are up!

Got some e-mail today. Thanks again. Great contest and already having some thoughts for next year ;)

Got some e-mail today. Thanks again. Great contest and already having some thoughts for next year ;)

Not to spoil anyone's guess on the payout, but Diabolicum got a Premium Membership and the $20 discgolfcenter giftcard. Saves on shipping two items to Finland :hfive:

Got the first of the winnings out today, and look what showed up from timg: the signed Discmania disc!

15761247395_4c441b5f18_z.jpg

USPS lady was NOT happy to see me walk in with a BOX full of mailers and other boxes.....let's just leave it at that....

And that's all I could carry! Still have ELEVEN of the BIG boxes to send tomorrow! They're all packed up and I'm gonna need a forklift to get them to the post office!

Latest posts