• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest 2017 Voting Thread

Vote for your top three

• Candy Skulll Crusher

Votes: 40 34.8%
  • I Come in Peace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Best Shot Doubles

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Juiced Pumpkin

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Real Men throw in Lederhosen!

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Lucifer

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • When Spiders Dream

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Maria los Muerto

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Helmut von Bierstein

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Knuckles Halloween Costume

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • The Scavenger

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Rise of the Minions

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Eye of the Bethrowlder

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Night Creep

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, it was all template and I got no advice on how to do this. This is the first time for me to run this whole thing or anything like it and having done it now, I see where I did well and where I could do better. Honestly, I'm just happy that it continued on.
Next year is the 10th Okthrowberfest and I'm already planning ahead for it.

Well, that's disappointing ... "Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always!"

I think the idea was to have fun and get a chance to show off the tremendous talents we saw from all the competitors. I sure your many contributions, in the form of prizes for previous contests made the payouts much deeper.

Yeah, it was all template and I got no advice on how to do this. This is the first time for me to run this whole thing or anything like it and having done it now, I see where I did well and where I could do better. Honestly, I'm just happy that it continued on.
Next year is the 10th Okthrowberfest and I'm already planning ahead for it.

Thanks Noill. :thmbup: As usual, the guy doing all the work gets to take the most crap. :wall: :| :|

Well, that's disappointing ... "Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always!"

The payout did stretch deeper into the field the last few years but there were way more donations. 2015 Okthroberfest donations were well over 100 prizes. Big nice donations from manufactures, retail stores and players. 2016 there were only 43 prizes donated and this year there were 21 prizes donated plus discguy42's $$. Sounds like if we want deeper payout we need to drum up more donations call in some favors if we have connections, ask our local retail shops and clean out our tournament winnings and plastic stashes.

Thanks Noill for all of your effort and time you put into this you did a great job and were on it!:clap: its a great event and you have kept it going:clap:
Looking forward to the 10th annual next year!:popcorn:

Thanks. I also kicked in toward the payout a lot. I really think the prizes were decent, but it should have run deeper. I have to start earlier and contact retailers, manufacturers, and members for donations and sponsorship. I'll also ask Tim to advertise it sooner on the facebooks and on the site. Stuff to improve for sure.

Nice thing is that the next Okthrowberfest is the tenth year anniversary! That is so cool and will definitely help attract attention.

The dyer community should definitely get this support and attention. The work you guys do is amazing and obviously appreciated here at DGCR. People kept contacting me just to thank me for keeping it going and saying things like this is something they look forward to every year and one of their favorite things on this site. Mine too :) :thmbup:... Which is why I couldn't let it slip away.

We also need some more participation! Let's get back to 2014 level, when there was ~40 entries!

I know there are a lot of talented dyers that are still active here that didn't enter. Step it up, ya'll!

----- DGCourseReview's 10th Annual Okthrowberfest... -----

...is not that far away.

;)

Time to get it going. I've got some calls to make for donations. Any donations from folks here? Send me a PM if you have any tshirts, towels, discs, birdie bags, clips, zipper pulls, minis, $$$, and anything else. Thanks!!!

Thanks to all who have PM'd for donations! Look for this to start toward the end of the month.
You guys know the deal, dyes should somehow relate to a fall theme. The dyes will be submitted anonymously until after all hanging chads are counted.
Any questions? PM me.

Latest posts